Jump to content


Richard Kain

Member Since 02 Aug 2007
Offline Last Active Today, 04:04 AM
**---

Blog Entries

Richard's Game Development > Baking That Pi

Posted 10 August 2017

I went a little overboard, and worked fairly late last night on my Raspberry Pi testbed. This time, my primary objective was testing standard controller input. I was using a wired Logitech F310 game controller, in X-Input mode with the analog mode toggle de-selected. With this plugged into the Raspberry Pi, I was able to get all of the standard face contr...


Richard's Game Development > Beginning Raspberry Pi

Posted 09 August 2017

A few updates on my personal progress. 
One of my recent pushes has been to update my game-related website. I've been neglecting it for quite some time, and really wanted to start updating entries on it more regularly. I'm still working a day job, so my time is limited. But I have been able to switch my site over to Wordpress, and I've begun digging...


Richard's Game Development > Picking Back Up

Posted 20 April 2017

I had been thinking of starting a CAG blog to ruminate on game development-related topics. But when I went to check on the possibility, I realized that I already had. More than three years ago! I'm definitely getting old. Time flies a lot faster than it used to. 
I blame my personal circumstances. A lot has been happening with my family in the past f...


Richard's Game Development > Murder Mystery Design

Posted 31 December 2013

With all the other projects, chores, and obligations I've had to tackle in the past year, 2013 has been a bit sparse for my game development. I put together some decent Unity scripts, but many of them were made obsolete by the recent version upgrade. Still managed to learn quite a bit from producing them though, so I don't consider it to be a waste.

Now...


Blog Richard Kain > New PC Construction

Posted 05 March 2013

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29608

I spent the entirety of last weekend assembling my new personal computer. I had been collecting the various components for almost a month. There were several hiccups in this new case's construction, but I finally got everything together. Click on the image above to see the...