Changes have gone up to mitigate the ad redirect problem - if anyone still experiences an ad redirect please let me know.
- Cheap Ass Gamer
- → Viewing Profile: Likes: John
JohnMember Since 11 Sep 2007
Offline Last Active Nov 08 2019 01:16 AM
- Group Administrators
- Active Posts 2525
- Profile Views 90053
- Member Title This post entitles you to one free Morty!
- Age 34 years old
Posted by John on 22 January 2019 - 07:21 PM
Sorry about that folks, the connection issue should be sorted. We're right in the middle of getting the new system tested and bugs ironed out, the new collection system (and everything else) should be a monumental improvement over what you're all used to.
- 007bond likes this
Posted by John on 19 December 2018 - 12:23 AM
Hey, @CheapyD, where are we with these updates!?
We're targeting XenForo 2.1, so until that goes gold (which should be very soon) we're doing test runs on the import (we're using our own custom importer to reduce the conversion time from several days to a few hours).The update includes several giant add-ons that are completely custom for CAG, so testing those and quashing last minute bugs is a big part of what we're up to in the final days. That, and styling work - it's hard to leave the style alone at any point and say it's done, but any day now we should be happy enough with it to release some screenshots and talk you all through the new features.
Posted by John on 19 December 2018 - 12:11 AM
It's been a month now.
We've all moved to xenForo 2.0. (Well, most of us, anyway.)
For those of you who want to know about 2.1. (Admins: DO NOT UPDATE TO beta YET. This is just informational.)
Push notifications - pushes forum notifications to the phone of your current use, exceptions are some devices like iOS.
Reactions - allows for different kinds of "reactions" like facebook.
2.1 is what we're targeting for the update, which shouldn't be too far off going gold.
- CarlosX360 likes this
Posted by John on 12 April 2018 - 10:21 AM
Has something happened to the search feature here? I'm trying to find a post I made sometime in the last few months in a thread and search shows nothing.
If I go into my profile and look for all of my posts, I see the one from today and the next most recent is October 31 of last year.
All search issues should now be fixed.
Posted by John on 02 November 2017 - 11:47 AM
It says I have 10 notifications, but all it does is buffer and not show the notifications. PC and mobile
We just had to prune the notifications table as it was getting way too big. (But everything in "Content I follow" and your PM inbox is still there, just the notifications are gone.)
- dennisb407 likes this
Posted by John on 21 June 2017 - 02:53 PM
- Notifications - If I can keep Chrome working at the office (= SHITTY NETWORK) this will be fantastic. Or would it work for Edge too?
Yep, it works with any modern browser.
- Will the current private messaging system be a model for the new system? This is single-handedly the best upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 for me. Any time someone from another site sends me a PM I ask them if they have an account at CAG so I can use the messaging system here instead.
What specifically about the 3.0 system are you keen on?
- Since it isn't hard for a code-trade to go sour with either party saying that the other party sent them a bum code, is it possible to incorporate some sort of arbitration, something that would validate all codes involved? I can't even think of the best way to implement something like this, so I'm just hoping to get the creative juices flowing.
Sadly as far as I know there's no way reliably validate codes.
- Is it possible to implement a per-post ignore/block instead of a per-account ignore/block? Sometimes someone posts inflammatory drivel on occasion but usually they are useful and helpful to the community, or sometimes someone posts a ani-gif of some dude gyrating his crotch in an exercise class and sometimes you just can't un-see things like that. homerbleach.gif
It's possible, but we have no plans for it at this time unless there's a big call from users for us to implement it.
- Will the wishlist support monitoring of both physical and digital versions of games? How customizable and flexible will this be?
Yep, it'll support differentiating between physical and digital versions. A big part of the new system is how you can add custom fields to your records for sorting/filtering/displaying/searching, which lets you build custom functionality into your collections. (For example, if you wanted to see a list of all the Xbox 360 games in box 3 in your basement, you can do that.)