- Cheap Ass Gamer
- → Viewing Profile: Likes: jughead
jugheadMember Since 13 May 2004
Offline Last Active Dec 08 2022 12:40 PM
- Group CAGiversary!
- Active Posts 3331
- Profile Views 12600
- Member Title Beersport Champion!
- Age 39 years old
My Buy/Sell/Trade List
Posted by jughead on 23 September 2019 - 05:26 PM
Looking to sale my physical copy of Zelda: BOTW as it is my only physical game I own- the rest are digital. Getting in on one of these $40 digital sales is a priority so I have to move with a deal quickly. It is complete but I believe there is some minimal damage to the plastic on the front cover of the case. As I recall it is just a small blemish but if you're a collector I'd steer clear. If you'd like to see, I can provide pictures later this evening when I get home from work.
Selling for $35 shipped PP (F&F) or Amazon GC - OBO.
- JJSP likes this
Posted by jughead on 15 November 2014 - 03:44 PM
- jvang117 likes this
Posted by jughead on 31 July 2014 - 01:25 PM
Posted by jughead on 25 July 2014 - 02:49 AM
That would be me sir
I'm extremely happy that people like it much more than I expected. I originally made them for myself and took some pics and posted it on /r/Vita on Reddit and I got a bit of a response. Some people PM'd me begging me to make them a pair. I bought some supplies and threw them up on eBay and stumbled upon your review.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Hey! Thanks a lot. Great mod! I'm surprised there hasn't been a stronger response on here. It really is a game changer. I'll leave you feedback shortly. If I were you, I'd pitch this to one of the peripheral marketers; it's far better than anything they have to offer. On amazon; with a little brand recognition; you'd probably do well for yourself.
Posted by jughead on 17 July 2014 - 09:47 PM
The attachments arrived today. I'm happy to report that they are a dramatic upgrade to the thumbsticks! It is hard to believe someone hasn't manufactured these on a large scale yet. My impressions:
- They more than double the total height the stick protrude from the body of the Vita
- The Xbox One stick surface is a bonus. It feels good to touch.
- The attachments are made of a pretty firm plastic and snap on with ease. Putting them on was 100 times easier than putting the rubber stick caps you can buy online.
- The improvement feels so good, it doesn't even feel like a "trigger grip" attachment will be necessary (to prevent hand cramps) anymore. I may be wrong but it certainly feels that way.
- While it appears sturdily built, I could see how it would be possible to wear these out if you are rough with it. I pulled the sticks to the side with the caps on with more force than I would ever use in a game and they didn't act like they wanted to come off.
- Probably the biggest thing I worry about is playing a game which heavily utilizes the right stick and the X button. The right stick's protrusion seems like it will get in the way when trying to make time-precise taps on the X button.
Beyond that, I'm really excited to play games with this new attachment. I've bought two trigger grips, thumbstick covers and a carrying case. This is by far the accessory that has impressed me the most. Without using it to play games (big caveat), I'd give this accessory an A+. For 10 bucks, you don't have too much to lose. Let me know if you're interested in any pics that may not be available on the guy's listing. I hope this has been helpful.
Edit - Just gave Luftrausers a shot. While not a dual stick game, there is definitely a marked improvement in my comfort while playing. I suck pretty bad so I'm not sure if it helped my precision or not.
Posted by jughead on 12 July 2014 - 01:47 PM
Has anyone tried these? I'm thinking about getting a pair. Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way about the Vita thumb sticks.
PS this is not an advertisement. EBay just so happen to be the only place that had this item on sale. I am genuinely looking for a more comfortable/precise experience when playing the vita. If no one has demoed these and I haven't heard anything by the end of the weekend, I will order them and give my impressions once they arrive.