Will answer the questions that are going around.
- Yes, I work for Best Buy.
- Yes, I have talked to CheapyD about becoming a confirmed rep. I have not done that as I'm only able to be on here from time to time. Working to get us an official rep here who can be on to answer questions that come up and help solve problems that arise. We value the insight and activity of this community. We have taken MANY suggestions from this community and implemented them to better serve the community.
- The 20% discount is and will continue to be a major benefit of the program. Can it change? Yes it can. It is right there in the terms and conditions of the program. BUT... companies do not put out press releases about a program they are offering (particularly loyalty program related) and then change the program immediately following that release. Not ones that want to be around for long, anyways.
- We did extend memberships as stated that we would. While it is possible some were missed as working with systems and databases don't always go as planned, we did our best to take care of anyone who had an issue getting the extension through our Best Buy Unboxed forums. That team is really a great resource for issues such as this and many more problems that unintentionally arise.
- Yes, Best Buy's financial situation is pretty strong. Google the stock and check for yourself. Those that nerd out on financial stuff will enjoy the read.
All that being said, everyone is free to have their opinions on the program and the company. We'd like to have you buy all your games and electronics from us. We believe our program is quite attractive for gaming enthusiasts but understand it's a decision you need to make for yourself based upon many factors. Your opinion and decision will be made with where you spend your hard earned dollars.
Again, I/we hope you choose BBY and GCU.
Thanks once again to all current GCU members and also welcome all new members to the group!