Can someone explain what’s going on?
Only speaking or trying to explain to your question:
- Vita carts stopped being manufactured from Sony ~31/Mar/2019.
- Companies had to provide sony with product codes in June of 2018 as well ; a lead time on physical games to help project manufacturing.
- First wave was new games/carts being released in US unless they had obtained additional quantities (like LRG)
- Later waves then were other regions i.e. Japan/APAC(Asia-Pacific)and other distributers there (PlayAsia, etc).
- Distributors continued to release games on carts but there was innately a bit of a 'who can be the last company to release "The Last Vita Game" on cart.... competition.
- LRG had also mentioned if a customer acquired physical copies to all LR-101 Vita titles and provided proof with images, they would be entitled to purchase or obtain the last release (The Bird King - Vita) game from them, if not the last vita release from any company.
- It has then become a topic not frequently updated or swept under the rug meanwhile, allowing other companies to release their last vita releases over time. (Many were manufactured prior to the deadlines/cutoffs etc). It just feels as if everyone is holding 1 back to keep the competition alive, and be the official 'last company to release a Vita Title".
(Again, this is what I understood loosely from threads, discussions, and posts, and may not be exactly 100% accurate or I may have missed some pieces, so paraphrasing here my sentiments). I also read Doug's reply to be like "The competition is alive and well" with his response....
Again - just trying to explain based on your request and also acknowledge everyone's thought's feelings in the threads and that - they are usually valid. Long shipping times, Long wait times, sometimes damaged product upon receipt, a request of more clear & concise communication. At this point, my sole interest now with LRG is pretty much this last title, since I'm 1 LRG vita game away (and its en route via shipping) and would want that one added to my collection too. (Which i do open, play, and sometimes even trade/sell once completed (platinum obtained) for PS4 other LRG games, especially where I doubt I'll have a future interest in replaying or passing along. Hang in there everyone, hope your shipments arrive undamaged &/or earlier than expected.