- Sinfulfate likes this
Jump to content
Posted by TheLegendofTyler on 15 June 2019 - 12:33 AM
Posted by Katsumi on 31 July 2017 - 07:33 PM
Definitely check out the Hyken chair at staples It's very comfortable in my opinion. Plus, you might be able to try it out if you have a staples nearby.
My chair before this one, the "Corvair" chair was also great for the price. It isn't high-back, but it was so comfortable! I only replaced it because my husband needed a new chair It use to be sold at staples, but I don't think they carry it in store anymore. It's available at Quill (which is owned by staples, I think).
Posted by FriskyTanuki on 09 June 2017 - 10:36 PM
Just picked up a PS VR today, any game recommendations? So far I have Until Dawn Rush of Blood and Star Wars battlefront and I'm planning on picking up Rez when I get home.
Also has Sony fixed the HDR issue when using PS VR with a PS4 Pro?
Some recommendation I made a while back:
Posted by io on 27 September 2016 - 10:20 PM
I am 361 and rising so I'd be down to raid if we are getting a group together. Any day after Wednesday would work for me as I'm out of town and on inconsistent internet until then.
What does nightfall drop now? Guaranteed higher light gear? Is there a chest for skeleton key too?
If there is a chest in the Nightfall it wouldn't be any different than what you'd get from another other strike chest. I got a 369 scout rifle from the Nightfall when I ran it at 367 I think - not particularly worth it. As I said earlier, the bane of Nightfalls past, a ghost shell, is actually probably the best thing to get now since those are hard to come by otherwise. I've done a ton of faction packages since I hit 365 and have yet to get a ghost. I always seem to get a class item as my second item. I've lost count of how many times I've gotten TWO class items from a faction package instead of armor/class item or armor/ghost (which I've never gotten).
What is the best way to get to 360+ light? I feel like I'm been stuck in the 350s for days. I saw the the omnigul farming method but that looks so boring. I saw another method of farming for faction rep since the faction packages give you gear at like 5-7 lights higher than you but Im not sure whats the best way to get faction rep. Once you get all can from the heroic strike playlist whats the fastest way to level up your faction? Just doing patrol quests and bounties?
The TL;DR version of gotdott's response:
You don't want to use faction packages until you hit 365. Though since they don't stack, obviously use one anyway if you are close to another. I don't think I've ever gotten a piece of gear 5-7 light levels higher than my current gear, though, from any source. It seems to be 0-4 max, with 2 or 3 the most common. And it seems to be the same whether it is blue drops during the Heroic (when you are under 365), faction packages, Nigthfall, etc.
So to get to 365 play the Heroic strike playlist., and don't use any skeleton keys that you get. Try to use only the blues for infusion since you will need a lot of marks (so break down legendary stuff unless it is a big bump in light). Use 3 of coins, but save the exotic engrams for once you hit 365.
Once you hit 365, there are a few ways to go beyond:
1) Faction packages. Either pump motes/heavy ammo synth/planetary materials into the Tower factions (Dead Orbit, etc) or do patrols/strikes/etc to get Vanguard rep. Since there are quests to play crucible you can rank up there as well while doing those. I would also recommend ranking up Crota's Bane by doing court of Oryx if you are close. You'll get a high-level artifact from that, that you can infuse into the new ones you get with the weird perks. And don't forget the Queen's rep. Grab her bounties or cash in etheric light if you still have some. I got a high-level chest piece from that.
2) Crucible. It seems at least 1 or 2 people from the team of 6 get a legendary in each match. And these will scale to be 2-3 light levels above your current level just like everything else. Plus you'll also get Crucible rep. Just be sure to have your highest light gear on, which may not necessarily be your best Crucible gear.
3) Skeleton Keys. Once you hit 365, you can just play the normal SIVA playlist (but only if you have skeleton keys to use). You have the same chance for a 3 of coins exotic drop and the rewards from the chest. These do give you less Vanguard rep than the Heroic playlist though. Note that you need normal SIVA strike completions for the record book (Heroics don't count), so this is a good time to knock them out.
4) Three of Coins/exotic engrams. Use them all the time as the exotics will also be a few levels above you.
5) Raid. In one playthrough of the Raid, using just one SIVA cache key at the very end, I got 2 primaries, 1 special, 1 heavy, 1 exotic, and a ghost. They were all 1-3 levels above my level.
6) Random blues turning into exotics. I've had this happen twice now. So make sure you have your best gear on even when decoding blue engrams as they have a small chance of turning into an exotic (which now happens above your light level vs. the 300 they used to be capped at before).
7) Nightfall. Though if it is a pain (I have no idea this week), it seems less worth it than many of the other methods above.
Posted by io on 03 September 2016 - 01:29 AM
I just pre-ordered Rise of Iron. I haven't played since they released the KF Hard mode raid. Should I start playing again now to get ready for the new expansion or will the Rise of Iron make everything before it worthless like the Taken King?
There are a few things you might want to do. You'll probably need lots of glimmer, legendary marks, and armor/weapon materials ready for when the new content drops so you can do infusion. I had been maxed on marks all summer but I just bought one of the 145 mark sparrows since I was tired of wasting them on planetary materials. So I need to build them back up myself. And running strikes and such will give you lots of engrams to turn into armor and weapon materials. I am always low on armor materials - it is the limiting factor for me on what I can infuse. And with an increased light cap I imagine everyone will want to do lots of infusion. (Weapon parts you can just buy from the gunsmith).
Emblem codes being given away at PAX. A friend hooked it up
Oh, man, nice. I kind of wish I was at PAX this year but it is just too busy at home right now. I went like 3 and 4 years ago. And of course this time they are doing the CAG panel and all. I'm going to see what I can do to acquire one of these .
Posted by Mixer23 on 13 May 2016 - 06:21 PM
I'm going on vacation next week and trying to load up my vita with some games for the plane ride. I already have the games that were given away for free from plus and I just bought risk of rain a few weeks ago when it came out but I'm looking to get something new. I've been looking at Nuclear throne and Axiom verge. Nuclear throne is cheap and I could get another game with it(I have ~$25 in PSN credit) but it looks to be very similar to Enter the Gungeon which I just bought for PC. Axiom verge looks really cool but it being $20 means it will probably be the only game I get and I'm not sure how long it is. Has anyone played either of these two games or have any other games to recommend?
Posted by 8bitArtist on 11 March 2016 - 04:47 PM
I was playing last night and couldn't beat that Hudson Refugee Camp mission on Hard. We had 3 lvl 8s and one lvl 6 but we couldn't get past that first encounter. Those cleaners on hard are ridiculous.
theres really no point playing those missions on hard til level 30. if you were doing it for better gear, go to the dark zone, if you were doing it for the xp, just do the next mission.
Posted by maxpower0965 on 21 September 2013 - 10:23 PM
CAG may earn a commission on purchases made through our affiliate links on CheapAssGamer.com and social media channels. As an Amazon Associate, CAG earns from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!
By providing links to other sites, CheapAssGamer.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to CheapAssGamer.com. CheapAssGamer.com is owned and operated by CAG Productions, LLC.
Forum Software by IP.Board.