I can't believe I missed this!
- TheCro likes this
Jump to content
Posted by tylerh1701 on 07 March 2021 - 06:54 AM
The original PSN release was a port of the PC remake of the original PC game. But it's my favorite game on any platform.
And I don't want to sound elitist, but I have a few issues with Spelunky 2 that keep me from enjoying it as much.
1. They moved the button to go through the door to the next stage to R1 instead of L1. It sounds like a small issue, but in a game with randomly placed enemies and a ghost who suddenly appears to kill you when you take too long to finish the stage, you might miss a split-second button press to quickly exit because muscle memory fails you.
2. The jumps seem floatier to me. Again, it probably seems obsessive, but I play both games back to back daily to put a score on the leaderboard.
3. The whip has a shorter range. Therefore, you have to get closer to the enemies to kill them.
4. I could do without all the animals that they give you to ride if they gave you more opportunities to get better weapons and backpacks.
5. The graphics were cleaner in the last game. Spelunky 2 looks like it was hand-drawn by a child. The jungle stage looks horrible.
I might sound like an old man, but it ain't broke, don't fix it.
The animals are pretty dumb, I don't really like them at all. Hell, one of them basically insta-kills you if you're no good at teleporting.
The Jungle indeed looks awful. The insta-kill bear trap was also an awful addition that is super hard to see in the Jungle.
I hate how long the
The mini boss fight in 1-4 is also pretty stupid and pointless. I wish it was a "sometimes" event that randomly spawned, instead of always being 1-4.
Like I said, I haven't played it in months and they may have patched some of these things. Overall it's still a pretty fun game but it's no Spelunky 1.
Posted by tylerh1701 on 06 March 2021 - 06:52 AM
Spelunky (PS4, PS3, and Vita cross-buy) is on sale for $4.49 for the first time since July 2015.
And it's still better than the sequel.
The sequel didn't hook me, but to be fair, it took me at least 3 different tries before the original hooked me. I've taken some time off and might jump back into the sequel down the line. I haven't really gone online to see what the impressions of the sequel are at this point. It felt kind of long to me.
Posted by tylerh1701 on 17 May 2020 - 01:11 AM
speaking of lame did you quit gaming profile card says no trophy in a month
I started playing Moonlighter today but yeah before that I haven't played shit in a long time. Been in a gaming funk and been balls-deep in Funko and other toys.