Thanks. I thought the promo prices were extended according to my email.
yea early access was one day only which was Monday only the prices reverted back to normal midnight last night
- superxgaga likes this
Jump to content
Posted by Anexanhume on 10 November 2014 - 07:07 PM
Debating if I want the guide for this or not. Usually I only buy guides for big RPGs like Skyrim, and also GTA.
I don't care about the price, just debating if the content will be worth it.
The main game is taking 80+ hours for some journalists to finish. And they're also admitting they're not doing every single thing in the game. They've (Bioware GM) also said that some areas of the game are bigger than DA:O and DA2 combined. So it may not be full Skyrim, but it sounds like the biggest RPG Bioware has ever done. Your loins, gird them.
Posted by Anexanhume on 26 August 2014 - 08:32 PM
Free MP DLC!
No galactic readiness.
Cats and dogs, living together!
edit: Just the FAQs, ma'am:
Will Dragon Age: Inquisition have multiplayer?
· Yes, the multiplayer mode in Dragon Age: Inquisition will feature action-packed, four-player cooperative quests separate from the single-player open-world story.
What does the multiplayer in Dragon Age: Inquisition include?
· Dragon Age multiplayer is an action-packed dungeon-crawling four-player co-op experience that lets gamers to play with their friends for the first time in the Dragon Age franchise.
· Following the success of Mass Effect 3's multiplayer mode, Dragon Age multiplayer includes fast-paced matches requiring strategic team gameplay while adding Inquisition's tactical class combat and extensive loot and crafting systems.
Was multiplayer (MP) mode created by the same team that made single-player (SP)?
· MP and SP were developed side by side. The multiplayer environment gave us a perfect opportunity for testing combat, creatures, and encounter design, and since the two environments are near-identical, every improvement spread to both parts of the game.
Will playing MP be required to get the full-game experience?
· No. The SP campaign is separate from MP. In SP, you have the support of three specialists who can send agents to missions. MP characters are agents. At the start of a MP mission, you will hear one of the specialists explaining the goal of your mission.
Is MP going to affect my endings in SP?
· No. Absolutely not. Our goal with Dragon Age multiplayer is not to affect your SP campaign. We simply want to give our fans the chance to play with their friends for the first time in the Dragon Age universe.
Will MP have in-game purchases?
· Yes. Platinum is the name of the currency that you can buy with money. Our philosophy for MP—and we are adamant about it—is that you can buy anything with gold coins, which is the currency you get from dungeon-crawling. There will be no pay wall.
Why did you decide to add MP?
· We wanted to give Dragon Age fans the opportunity to play with their friends for the first time in the franchise.
There was a leak of DAI achievements with exclusive MP achievements. Is that the case?
· There will be no exclusive MP achievements. Achievements are one way to keep players engaged, but with Dragon Age multiplayer, we have other ways to improve engagement. We will have a full challenge system implemented at launch, letting you pursue and track dozens of different challenges. Completing a challenge may also give you a reward. The challenge system will also be used to implement weekly operations. Every week, we will launch a new operation. Complete the operation, and you will receive a reward.
Will people who pay to get that extra edge online?
· First and foremost, our goal is to make a fun dungeon-crawling experience that you can play with your friends. There will be no pay walls in Dragon Age multiplayer. Everything is accessible with gold coins. You can use premium currency, but you don't have to.
How long has your team been working on MP?
· Over two years. After Mass Effect 3 MP's success, we created a special team with veterans from the Dragon Age and Mass Effect franchises. Our lead MP designer and lead online programmer have been on the Dragon Age franchise since Dragon Age: Origins. The addition of designers, programmers, artists, audio, QA, and production from Mass Effect 3 MP will help us ship a really fun co-op game that suits our franchise.
Why four-player co-op instead of a full MP campaign?
· In Dragon Age: Inquisition, we wanted to focus on five key aspects: Open World, Story, Characters, Visuals, and Inquisition. We also have a new engine (Frostbite 3), and we had to create many new tools to support the huge amount of cinematics and localization that a BioWare title requires. A full MP campaign would have been another layer of complexity, and we decided it wasn't the right time for the franchise to take on that feature.
How is crafting different between SP and MP?
· Dragon Age multiplayer is about mastering the fight with friends in a party-based adventure, and crafting is a key element of progression. Through crafting, you will be able to create new items that will make you better at fighting. There is some overlap between SP and MP recipes, and some are exclusive to one mode or the other. Crafting also lets you create new armors. If you craft a set of Alchemist Armor, you unlock that character, who can then open up a lot of possibilities on MP missions. You can also craft new armors for characters you already own. They will give your character a new special look but no extra stats. In SP you gather materials through exploration. In MP you salvage items to get them.
What kind of loot can I get in a dungeon?
· You will find gold coins and items (not potions), and at the end of a mission, you can use gold coins to buy chests. They will contain a variety of different items (weapons, weapon mods, potions, runes, armor, etc.). We are developing Dragon Age multiplayer with quick engagement in mind. We want it to be easy to play a round, acquire new loot, and jump back into the action. Now that you have new cool weapons and armor, why wouldn't you try another mission?
Is any sort of app planned for Dragon Age multiplayer?
· BioWare understands that players can expend a lot of time going through their inventory and crafting new items. We also understand that when you are online with your friends, you want to get into action quickly. With these needs in mind, we developed the Inquisition HQ. There, you will be able to access all of your MP characters and their inventory. You will be able to change your loadout, salvage items, and craft new items. You can do all that on the go because it will run on PCs, tablets, and smartphones. We will give more details about Inquisition HQ in the following months.
Do I get to transfer items from SP to MP? Or vice versa?
· In Dragon Age: Inquisition, you are in charge of the Inquisition, and in Dragon Age multiplayer, you control a few agents of the Inquisition. There is no connection between SP items and MP items on purpose. We wanted to make sure that the two economies are separate, which will allow a stronger progression in both SP and MP. If you play Dragon Age multiplayer, you will learn how each class plays a different role in combat, how different skills work, and how your party composition can give you a tactical advantage on the battlefield. This knowledge is transferable to SP, but items are not.
How do I unlock new characters?
· In Dragon Age multiplayer, changing the party composition with new characters can be the difference between failing and succeeding. You can unlock new characters by crafting their armor. Crafting materials are acquired by salvaging items such as weapons and weapon mods. You may also get a new armor in a chest that you can buy with gold coins. Getting a new character is definitely a goal to be pursued on Dragon Age multiplayer.
How many MP characters will be available at launch?
· Twelve characters, four for each class (warrior, rogue, and mage), will be available at launch. Characters from the same class can be very different. For example, let's take a Legionnaire and a Reaver. A Legionnaire can handle a weapon and shield and plays the role of a classic tank. Generating aggro and soaking up damage are his main role in a party. The Reaver is a two-handed warrior who focuses more on dealing damage and generating aggro, and her skills can buff herself or the entire party. The Legionnaire and the Reaver are both warriors, but depending on your party composition and your style, one may be more suitable than the other.
Can I trade items?
· No. Dragon Age multiplayer won't have an auction house or another system to transfer items between players. If you are unhappy with an item, you can salvage it and get crafting materials. Better weapons give better crafting materials. You can use these materials craft new items in-game or at your Inquisition HQ.
What is the level cap for MP?
· The level cap for Dragon Age multiplayer is 20. Once you hit level 20, you can promote your character, which will give you an extra attribute point for your MP characters. Promoting a character will also give you more Prestige points for the leaderboards.
Are you going to release new characters?
· Dragon Age multiplayer will launch with 12 MP characters, and we will release new characters after launch.
Posted by Anexanhume on 22 July 2014 - 09:35 PM
It seems that points for free is well and truly dead. Sony is discontinuing points for the wheel of fortune game in August.
Hey Wheel Watcher,
If you've been tuning in to Wheel at any time during our 31-plus years, you know that we're big on "better." So in an effort to give you a more rewarding Wheel Watchers Club experience, we're switching things up. To start, as of August 5, 2014 you can no longer earn Sony Rewards Points in the Wheel Watchers Club. We need to make room for more spin-errific perks.
This small change won't affect your personal SPIN ID in any way. As always, you have the chance to win $5,000 cash every weeknight … even through the summer months with $5K Every Day! Just tune in.
You can continue earning Sony Rewards Points with Wheel until August 5, 2014. After that, you can still play the Bonus Round Puzzle, but until we announce the new rewards you'll be playing for bragging rights only. If you have any additional questions, please visit our FAQs.
Thanks for watching!
The Wheel Watchers Club Team
Posted by Anexanhume on 23 June 2014 - 05:50 PM
Official: Mark Meer is involved with Inquisition. I'm a big fan, so I think this is great. One suggestion I really liked is that he's doing Cole's voice.
Wow, two weeks old, how did I miss that? Possible he won't be a main character voice. He did a lot of side/background voices in ME games like the Vorchas, for example.
Posted by Anexanhume on 21 May 2014 - 07:51 PM
Just having Contact in the title doesn't necessarily mean it's about the First Contact Wars and it's a prequel. You can most definitely contact other species later after everything is rebuilt or everyone has the space race again.
Say it with me - other galaxies.