Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Ironically, since the circle change we've shopped less at Target. I never even look at the deals anymore because before I would at least clip what was useful and keep it in mind. Now it's just a chore to see everything they added and they pissed me off with how I need to log in twice just to pay red card through the app now, plus it was very hard to find without falling into an infinite loop. Might be fixed now but what a pain in the ass.
I feel the same about the Circle changes. I used to clip deals to make a pseudo shopping list. Now, there's no good way to do that in the app. Also, the fact that you still need to manually clip manufacturer's coupons makes it a completely disjointed experience.

YMMV. If you are lucky to find them, they should be on clearance for $5 each. Live A Live and Warioware Get It Together.

Ehh, highly skeptical about this. Target stopped doing 90% off clearance a long time ago. These were $15 each, and most locations will have pulled these titles by now.

Can't imagine many stores have Live a Live, it's been $18 for a while now, every place I've been they've been long sold out.

LIVE A LIVE was $15 at 70% off (regular price was $50) -- and in my area at least only one location actually had it marked down. All the others I checked it remains at full price. While Bayonetta Origins and WarioWare: Get It Together were not hard to source, I found this to be the more difficult of the titles to find on clearance.

$5? don't most stores salvage after 70% off

Yeah, quite correct. Unless there's some kind of anomaly or aberration they will have pulled them for salvage after 70% off.

Last edited:
Ehh, highly skeptical about this. Target stopped doing 90% off clearance a long time ago. These were $15 each, and most locations will have pulled these titles by now.

LIVE A LIVE was $15 at 70% off (regular price was $50) -- and in my area at least only one location actually had it marked down. All the others I checked it remains at full price. While Bayonetta Origins and WarioWare: Get It Together were not hard to source, I found this to be the more difficult of the titles to find on clearance.

Yeah, quite correct. Unless there's some kind of anomaly or aberration they will have pulled them for salvage after 70% off.
A Target I went to yesterday still has Live a Live unmarked in the switch section with the rest of the games. I saw wario ware at aTarget I went to today. There were no price scanners so I couldn't check if it was still in the system.

A Target I went to yesterday still has Live a Live unmarked in the switch section with the rest of the games. I saw wario ware at aTarget I went to today. There were no price scanners so I couldn't check if it was still in the system.

If my experiences are any indication then chances are LIVE A LIVE is either still full price or has been marked for salvage in the system at this point. I also saw a few copies of WarioWare: Get It Together in stock at a location I stopped by today and they were still there even though they should have been pulled since it comes up as "price not available" on the in-store scanner.

Yeah targets and Walmart seem to have removed nearly all their price scanners. It's really annoying.

That's interesting as there are no issues finding price scanners at any of the Target locations around here as they are ubiquitous. Walmart however is an entirely different story though...... you're lucky if you can find one working scanner in the entire fucking store at any location. If this is one of their ploys to try and strongarm people into Walmart+ then they can shove it up their ass. Price-scanning is not something you should have to pay for. It's ridiculous. As is the degree to which Walmart is dilapidated in this area of concern and how it never gets addressed.

Last edited:
That's interesting as there are no issues finding price scanners at any of the Target locations around here as they are ubiquitous. Walmart however is an entirely different story though...... you're lucky if you can find one working scanner in the entire fucking store at any location. If this is one of their ploys to try and strongarm people into Walmart+ then they can shove it up their ass. Price-scanning is not something you should have to pay for. It's ridiculous. As is the degree to which Walmart is dilapidated in this area of concern and how it never gets addressed.
I think Walmart wants you to install their app and allow location services. If you scan an item in store with location services on, you can get the in store price.

I think Walmart wants you to install their app and allow location services. If you scan an item in store with location services on, you can get the in store price.
Possibly get the in store price if the app works. I've gotten numerous item not found or out of stock scans.
Thanks but I tried it before in the past and it never seemed to work for me. Would show the online price instead of the in-store price.
That too.

Be on the lookout for any NOP games starting the 28th! I know most stores got rid of their end caps with NOP games, but you may get lucky.

Checked out my local store today, found a bucket of games that were at present all full price. Asked the Associate nearby and she said they were indeed games that weren’t in the planogram but she wasn’t sure when/if they’ll get marked down. Highlights for me were Sonic Origins Plus, AC Mirage, The Quarry and Dying Light 2 all for PS5. I’d probably take the plunge on some of them. They also had WarioWare GIT and Fire Emblem but I’ve got them already. I don’t remember the XB games sorry. I’ll check back after the weekend to see if they’ve been clearanced tho.

IMG_8250.jpeg

Proof...photos borrowed from Facebook group.
441156842_7779593035426917_8798339360032107316_n.jpg

441872103_10161247451070729_2194815997368858443_n.jpg

The only game I don't have in this clearance group is Triangle Strategy and none of the Targets near me have it.🫤 And any games they do have ring up full price.

Oh, I could have sworn I saw some people get it for cheap at Target recently. Well, maybe when it does go on clearance, one of my Targets will get a copy lol
Regarding Triangle Strategy:

Some Walmart locations may have had marked it down recently but at all the ones I checked it went salvage (i.e. priced at $0.03 and sales are blocked in the system). As far as Target goes for this title, you may still find a few copies randomly floating around but it looks to be discontinued there from what I've seen. They never put it on clearance though as far as I am aware.

someone on SD posted the 70% off clearance games they found at target

207-42-0065 Saints Row Xbox
207-42-0137 new tales of borderlands xbox
207-32-0373 riders republic xbox
207-34-0401 dying light 2 ps4
207-34-0630 saints row ps4
207-32-0259 cod vanguard xbox
207-34-8889 cap om fight collection ps4
207-42-0018 village resident evil xbox
207-42-0051 fifa 22 Xbox
207-32-0342 far cry 6 xbox
207-44-0096 cod vanguard ps5
207-42-0007 cod black ops xbox

someone on SD posted the 70% off clearance games they found at target

207-42-0065 Saints Row Xbox
207-42-0137 new tales of borderlands xbox
207-32-0373 riders republic xbox
207-34-0401 dying light 2 ps4
207-34-0630 saints row ps4
207-32-0259 cod vanguard xbox
207-34-8889 cap om fight collection ps4
207-42-0018 village resident evil xbox
207-42-0051 fifa 22 Xbox
207-32-0342 far cry 6 xbox
207-44-0096 cod vanguard ps5
207-42-0007 cod black ops xbox

Dang, was hoping for some new Nintendo Switch games too. Oh well, at least we got a few recently. Will keep an eye out for more.

Someone on the Nintendo collector’s Reddit found Mario Tennis Aces for $14.99. So there may be Switch games out there, but it will be YMMV. And according to SD Splatoon 2 is $17.99.

I stopped by 3 stores today and those two titles were both still full price at all of them -- though I'm not certain as to whether they had any stock of them as I just price-checked using the UPCs on my phone and didn't think to look.

Last edited:
Went hunting at 3 locations today. One had absolutely nothing, but another did have these at 70% off on a clearance endcap in electronics:

20240529_173048.jpg
20240529_173240.jpg
^ It may be worth noting that this particular location still had a bunch of off-planogram games in a locked case on a endcap (the only one my area that still did/does afaik) so from what I can tell it's not stuff that they pulled out of the back but was already there.

The third store had these in a 70% off clearance bin next to the electronics desk (I pulled out only one of each for demonstration purposes). Saw only Xbox and PlayStation and no Switch titles at this one:

20240529_203957.jpg

Very few Nintendo Switch games to speak of but I did see these at the one location above:
:switch: American Ninja Warrior Challenge (NSW) - $5.99
:switch: LEGO Worlds (NSW) - $5.99
:switch: Monopoly (NSW) - $5.99
:switch: Puyo Puyo Tetris (NSW) - $5.99

This latest video game clearance seems pretty YMMV thus far.

Last edited:
Just got back from my store and they had tons. Only Switch game was Splatoon. Not listing games that have already been mentioned.

One
Tiny Tina's Wonderland- $6
MLB The Show 22- $6
NBA 2K23- $9

XBO/X combo
Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga- $12
Guardians of the Galaxy- $6

Series X
Callisto Protocol- $6
NFS Unbound- $6
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion- $9
Gotham Knights- $9
FIFA 23- $9

Plenty of PS4/5 titles, but I ignored them as I don't have that console.

Found at one store:

:ps5:
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin $5.99
New Tales From the Borderlands $5.99

:ps4:
Mortal Kombat XL $6.29
Mortal Kombat 11 $5.99
Assassin's Creed Origins $5.99
Ratchet & Clank $5.99
Ghostbusters: The Video Game $5.99
Cooking Mama: Cookstar $5.99

:switch:
Just Dance 2021 $8.99
Super Bomberman R $5.99
Puyo Puyo Tetris $5.99

:xb1:
Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War $20.99
Dying Light 2 $17.99
Saints Row $17.99
It Takes Two $11.99
Mortal Kombat 11 $5.99

Vinyl:
Mitski: The Land Is Inhospitable and So Are We $8.39

Someone on the Nintendo collector’s Reddit found Mario Tennis Aces for $14.99. So there may be Switch games out there, but it will be YMMV. And according to SD Splatoon 2 is $17.99.

Tried another store today where I had previously seen that they had several copies of Mario Tennis Aces sitting on one of those 'collecting dust' endcaps with some other games, but it looks like that title got cleaned out. I checked and it was indeed $14.99 at that location.

Tried another store today where I had previously seen that they had several copies of Mario Tennis Aces sitting on one of those 'collecting dust' endcaps with some other games, but it looks like that title got cleaned out. I checked and it was indeed $14.99 at that location.
This is bad. I was getting ready to go look for this game but apparently I already own it...

This one is a doozy…. Haven’t been to my regular target in a month since I’ve been on holiday. Went yesterday to check out the clearance deals and found a small handful of I was interested in. The lead for electronics was there… they’re quite a character. Always seems unfriendly and you’re a burden when asking to get a game out of the coffins.

There were THREE (3) games I was interested in buying. This person straight up says, and I quote “I don’t think you can buy multiple games on clearacne”. Immediately called their bluff, and they proceeded to call three separate leads/admins on duty and tell them on the walkie “hey I have a customer who wants to buy several items on clearance, can they do that”? I got very firm and said ”you better tell them I’m trying to buy ONE copy of three games, don’t lie to them on the walkie”. Every other lead told this rep they were wrong and I was sold three games.

Got a survey last night after the visit and I blasted them on the experience. I also may be calling corporate to file an official grievance. The audacity to have an employee activity try to stop me from buying something, to go out of their way to, is just wrong.

This one is a doozy…. Haven’t been to my regular target in a month since I’ve been on holiday. Went yesterday to check out the clearance deals and found a small handful of I was interested in. The lead for electronics was there… they’re quite a character. Always seems unfriendly and you’re a burden when asking to get a game out of the coffins.

There were THREE (3) games I was interested in buying. This person straight up says, and I quote “I don’t think you can buy multiple games on clearacne”. Immediately called their bluff, and they proceeded to call three separate leads/admins on duty and tell them on the walkie “hey I have a customer who wants to buy several items on clearance, can they do that”? I got very firm and said ”you better tell them I’m trying to buy ONE copy of three games, don’t lie to them on the walkie”. Every other lead told this rep they were wrong and I was sold three games.

Got a survey last night after the visit and I blasted them on the experience. I also may be calling corporate to file an official grievance. The audacity to have an employee activity try to stop me from buying something, to go out of their way to, is just wrong.

Sounds like the guy had a big stick jammed up you know where. I've encountered people with bad attitudes like that at Walmart but not at Target that I can recall.

It also shouldn't matter had it been three copies of one game either. Myself, my brother, and my niece all have Nintendo Switches for example and I've bought 3 copies of games before so we can each have our own -- and I don't even have a large family. Frankly, it's nobody's business anyway. I'm friendly with one guy in electronics at my local Target and from what I've gathered from him the prevailing attitude there is it's not really their job to be clearance police.

Last edited:

Absolutely they should compensate at least a gift card for the troubles the employee gave you besides reprimand

Like, what would it matter how many clearance items you're buying and if it's multiple copies of the same item? It's on clearance, meaning they're trying to get rid of it. You're doing the store a favor by buying three things they don't have to throw away or send back to the manufacturer later. Ridiculous.

Incompetent people exist and we just have to learn to deal with them. Then there are people who take their job far too seriously for minimum wage and a company that doesn't know their name.

You won the lottery finding the person at the nexus.

Is this clearance for all of the games in the endcap cases? A store I went to had some security tied to the case cover with clearance labels, but there are a bunch more inside the case that I can only assume weren't stickered.

Is this clearance for all of the games in the endcap cases? A store I went to had some security tied to the case cover with clearance labels, but there are a bunch more inside the case that I can only assume weren't stickered.

Not necessarily. A store I went to today had a bunch of games in security cases on an endcap but only select titles were on clearance. As far as I saw they had all the correct ones labeled. (In the photos just above I separated them and only took shots of those that were on clearance)

Last edited:
So I take it this is one of those you just need to go to your store because like for Example, Elden Ring might show up as at my store but a different price in the app.

The app, as far as I've seen, uses the online price, not an in-store clearance price. When I got Live a Live and it wasn't labeled clearance, it scanned on the target app for the online price but the price checker in the nearby toys section scanned it at the clearance price. Warioware also was the same way.

bread's done
Back