Rock Band instrument trade ins?

cwalker3

CAGiversary!
From what I gather, EB doesn't take Rock Band drums or guitars. Is that correct?

Also, it seems that Gamecrazy might. Anyone know what they'll give me?

I know I could ebay for more, but really, I just want to get rid of the stuff as I'll buy the new wireless versions anyway...

So they take guitars? I'm pretty sure they don't take the drums, which would be the bigger PITA to get rid of...

[quote name='cwalker3']So they take guitars? I'm pretty sure they don't take the drums, which would be the bigger PITA to get rid of...[/quote]
Last night I found a thread on the Rock Band forums about this.

Gamestop will buy guitar controllers, but not the drums.

The forums also mentioned a 20% trade-in bonus towards the purchase of RB2 controllers. I called my local store today and they confirmed. Will be going to trade-in my RB1 guitar & an Xplorer tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how much/little I get for em.

[quote name='jpw21683']Last night I found a thread on the Rock Band forums about this.

Gamestop will buy guitar controllers, but not the drums.

The forums also mentioned a 20% trade-in bonus towards the purchase of RB2 controllers. I called my local store today and they confirmed. Will be going to trade-in my RB1 guitar & an Xplorer tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how much/little I get for em.[/quote]

Thanks, could you specify if you have the 360 or PS3 ones (if it matters)?

Looking to get rid of my RB guitar.

[quote name='Duckbutt']Both stores take em.[/quote]
Thanks, I should posted in that forum/thread instead of here. Like most I stay in the 'deals' forum, and didn't notice there was a specific 'games request' forum...

I decided against trading in my Xplorer, so I only took the RB1 strat (Xbox 360 version).

They were going to give me $5 for it ($5.50 with Edge Card) + 20% bonus.

I told them to fuck off.

[quote name='jpw21683']I decided against trading in my Xplorer, so I only took the RB1 strat (Xbox 360 version).

They were going to give me $5 for it ($5.50 with Edge Card) + 20% bonus.

I told them to fuck off.[/quote]

They sell them for $20, so what did you expect? $5 (before bonus) is pretty generous for GS.

bread's done
Back