007 Quantum of Solace Special Edition x360 - $28 shipped at newegg

I think $30 might be the new MSRP for this game. I just played through this game last week after renting it from Gamefly and it's probably only worth a rental.

@3
The "Collector's Edition" comes packaged in a metallic "007" case and features a full version of the game as well as a bonus disc full of "behind-the-scenes" videos with actors from both the game and the motion picture.

@4
Yeah the standerd version is 29.99 but usually the special edition doesnt drop at the same time, and for collectors like myself this is a good deal.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']what is in the LE?[/QUOTE]

Only get it if you want the steelbook, the bonus DVD is just generic behind-the-scenes stuff, which bizarrely repeats interviews and soundbites twice just to pad things out!

[quote name='perdition(troy']this is a renter at best. it was incredibly short.[/quote]

So was COD4 but i've had it for a year and a half. The online multiplier in bond is awesome.

[quote name='derspiess']FWIW, I picked up the PC version (though not Special Edition) at Target on clearance for $7.48 last week.[/QUOTE]

I did too. It has achievements (even on PC) if you're into that. Even though it's very short, I found it to be great fun and I really like the MP (despite the painfully small community) It was worth 7.48, and its definitely the best 007 game since Goldeneye, though its still not there yet.

I bought this for the hell of it because I had extra store credit. Not that great, but the trophies are interesting.

[quote name='ace50421']I think the SE has a T-Shirt with or something of the sort.[/quote]

No that was a Best Buy only promo that had the standard edition in it. Dinovelvet is correct on the contents.

game is really short, pretty solid gameplay online, but repetitive, I gooxed the 3 copies that I got from BB a while back

Thanks, OP! The bf is a huge Bond fan and was waiting for the game to drop. The CE version will make him one happy fella!

[quote name='derspiess']FWIW, I picked up the PC version (though not Special Edition) at Target on clearance for $7.48 last week.[/quote]
Same here. It's worth it at that price. The PC version is also a GFW-Live game. So you can earn achievements towards your gamertag.

The game uses the CoD4 engine, so it's not a bad game at all. It's worth at least a rent.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Only get it if you want the steelbook, the bonus DVD is just generic behind-the-scenes stuff, which bizarrely repeats interviews and soundbites twice just to pad things out![/quote]

Thanks. Any reviews from others on the bonus material? How long is it? How much does it focus on the making of the game vs. movie-related interviews and such?

The bonus material is the key to me: I'm sure the game-only will be sub-$20 soon.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks. Any reviews from others on the bonus material? How long is it? How much does it focus on the making of the game vs. movie-related interviews and such?

The bonus material is the key to me: I'm sure the game-only will be sub-$20 soon.[/quote]

Ill post to let you know when I get mine in.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks. Any reviews from others on the bonus material? How long is it? How much does it focus on the making of the game vs. movie-related interviews and such?

The bonus material is the key to me: I'm sure the game-only will be sub-$20 soon.[/quote]

I used to own this version of the game, now picking it back up. Only thing worth it is the gold tin. The videos on the bonus disk (in a paper sleeve) are about 15-20 minutes total.

cheap enough for me, guess i'll jump on it.

damn, newegg is really fucking me up this month. i'm trying to save, lol.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Only thing worth it is the gold tin. The videos on the bonus disk (in a paper sleeve) are about 15-20 minutes total.[/quote]

Thanks. Guess I'll pass. Only thing "gold tin" means to me is the potential to mess up my neatly stacked games in my media rack.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks. Guess I'll pass. Only thing "gold tin" means to me is the potential to mess up my neatly stacked games in my media rack.[/quote]

I bought this at bestbuy for $30. Im a sucker for steelbooks

This game and The Bourne Conspiracy are 2 game I've been wanting to try. Although receiving mixed reviews, they seem like solid games. But my backlog is already somewhat deep, so I'll probably just wait

[quote name='TheHeape']Ill post to let you know when I get mine in.[/quote]

Thanks. When I ordered a different game (Bourne) it shipped next day but took 5 days to get here; hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

^ Not clear if it will be $10 for the CE or just for the regular game. Plus I'm skeptical based on last year's heavily hyped BB clearance-that-wasn't.

I remember when GF shipped this to me, even though it was pretty far down my queue. I was pretty disappointed and fully prepared to ship it back pretty quickly, but I ended up beating the single-player. It was pretty fun, thought short. Never got into the MP, but it seems that the few people who do play it really enjoy it.

This has been on my list since it came out. Only 1 game left to complete my Steelbook 360 NTSC collection :) Now to find RE5 CE with just the game, manual, and steelbook case :(

[quote name='gantt']Thanks. Guess I'll pass. Only thing "gold tin" means to me is the potential to mess up my neatly stacked games in my media rack.[/quote]

Nope. It's a steelbook, so it's the same size as regular game cases.

bread's done
Back