1.00 Games at EB

bdw418

CAGiversary!
Feedback
137 (100%)
YMMV of course, but my local EB in Evanston, IL had a special running for all games that end in 41 cents. I picked up Oni, EA Top 10 Blue Pack, Grand Prix 4, Anarchy Online, Battlecruiser Millennium, and Sniper for $1.00 each.

"Your Mileage May Vary", I don't have a formal definition for it, but it basically means that the deal may be running in a different store location than others.

Cheapy D should write a glossary of terms, or we could have a terms thread.

That might be fun.

These were new games, waxHead, and their prices varied across the board. Grand Prix 4 was marked at $19.41, Battlecruiser Millennium at $4.41, Sniper at $9.41, Top Ten Blue at $7.41 (I think)--and all of them rang up for $1.00 each.

Come to think of it, I think this promotional applied to any merchandise ending in $0.41, toys included.

[quote name='bdw418']These were new games, waxHead, and their prices varied across the board. Grand Prix 4 was marked at $19.41, Battlecruiser Millennium at $4.41, Sniper at $9.41, Top Ten Blue at $7.41 (I think)--and all of them rang up for $1.00 each.

Come to think of it, I think this promotional applied to any merchandise ending in $0.41, toys included.[/quote]

thanks for the response, those are incredible deals on new games!

how were you able to find out about it? did your store post something about the sale, or was it in a flyer, etc?

You're probably better off asking the clerk, waxHead, as this deal doesn't seem to be very widespread. My EB had a poster taped onto the bargain bin.

Brick and Mortar...

Those links they posted above, they should contain the definitions to all the acronyms used here on CAG.

[quote name='EggViper']what does b&m mean?[/quote]

b&m == brick & mortar, the physical store location, not the online store ;)

I work at EB.

FYI, everything that ends in $0.41 is going to be 50% off automatically at the register.

*Most* EB's will have all this stuff (95% of it is PC Games) in a special area, and therefore it will sell very well.

Some EB's however will have it mixed in with other games. If you find something like this, ask to *buy* it. If you ask him to check the price, it will come up with whatever it says. But if you ring it out, it will automatically mark it down 50%.

Enjoy!

:shock:

Holy crap, that's a good deal! I've got to get out there just so I get a chance at Top Ten Red or Blue...even if they're just half off, they'll still be cheap (maybe around $5)...

Too bad I've got to be at school in an hour... :?

Guys, please let me know what you find at your local EB's. Just like set said, the $0.41 usually denotes 50% off. I guess my EB really needed to clear out some space. Good hunting to you all!

bread's done
Back