1 Free Year of EGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think its legit but it might be expired.

If I have a sub. show up on the corp. site in 2-6 weeks I'll sign up for like 5 of these...

found this in the source code (something not on the page)

This offer is available to gamers who register for WCG USA. This offer may be voided without prior notice if you are not registered on WCG USA website by June 30th, 2006.

I signed up for this or a very similiar offer last year, got the magazines. Sort of an enjoyable read, the Sean Baby articles were probably the best part in my opinion.

Cool offer but I'm not interested in it....I hate EGM. Such nintendo fanboys (or PS3 haters)

I don't have a next gen console ATM but still, I would like to see some fair reviews of games.

[quote name='beundertaker']Cool offer but I'm not interested in it....I hate EGM. Such nintendo fanboys (or PS3 haters)[/quote]
Despite the fact that...they talk about the 360 VERY often and usually frown on some of Nintendo's methods. Yeah, real Nintendo fanboys alright. And to be fair, they're ordinary gamers like us. Only they're also journalists. They don't get full copies of games for free for every staff member on board. Same with consoles and handhelds. They usually have to pony up their own money to get these things to do their job. Like most people, they're not pleased with the price of the PS3.

Don't see how that makes them "haters."

Free EGM is the only EGM.

Even for free I feel slightly ripped off.
But it's ok I guess for the pictures/ads....

EGM certainly is nothing special but I can't think of any printed publications that are these days....

And yeah that Mercury link isn't working, not allowing people to select the EGM magazine on second page. I'm on Firefox and not willing to try IE and figuring if FF isn't working Opera won't either.

[quote name='freshzen']And yeah that Mercury link isn't working, not allowing people to select the EGM magazine on second page. I'm on Firefox and not willing to try IE and figuring if FF isn't working Opera won't either.[/quote]
Tried both. Neither worked.

Actually, EGM is my favorite game magazine. It's Game Informer I can't stand. I've wiped my ass with better journalism (not that I make wiping my ass with glossy paper a habit, it's just a euphemism. :D).

[quote name='Alien Spider']Actually, EGM is my favorite game magazine. It's Game Informer I can't stand. I've wiped my ass with better journalism (not that I make wiping my ass with glossy paper a habit, it's just a euphemism. :D).[/QUOTE]

Word

[quote name='Alien Spider']Actually, EGM is my favorite game magazine. It's Game Informer I can't stand. I've wiped my ass with better journalism (not that I make wiping my ass with glossy paper a habit, it's just a euphemism. :D).[/QUOTE]

Remember that shit mag GamePro. I think that was the name. I hope they went out of business cuz they fucking sucked.

Nintendo Power is bad too. Its geared to either retards, little girls or like 10 year old kids. I have yet to figure it out. Every month there is some crayon scribble that might be Mario based on the colors as picture of the month. And at least 5 people writing in telling Nintendo Power to make better games or ask why they dont make more games that do whatever. Even when I was young I didnt think the video game magazines MADE the video games too so I am leaning towards it being geared towards retards personally. And by retard I mean mentally challenged so all you PC nuts just cool it.

The only reason I read Game Informer was I got it for free when I worked at Funcoland. It made good reading while in the crapper kicking out a stink pickle...:whistle2:&

In for a year of EGM. My current subscription was about to run out so perfect timing. Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='musha666']Remember that shit mag GamePro. I think that was the name. I hope they went out of business cuz they fucking sucked.

Nintendo Power is bad too. Its geared to either retards, little girls or like 10 year old kids. I have yet to figure it out. Every month there is some crayon scribble that might be Mario based on the colors as picture of the month. And at least 5 people writing in telling Nintendo Power to make better games or ask why they dont make more games that do whatever. Even when I was young I didnt think the video game magazines MADE the video games too so I am leaning towards it being geared towards retards personally. And by retard I mean mentally challenged so all you PC nuts just cool it.[/quote]
Ditto. I like EGM a lot (Games for Windows is even better, only PC though). Nintendo Power wasn't worth my time. I got 3 free issues from the three for free promotion and I wouldn't pay even 1c for that retarded magazine. They also have the most biased reviews I'd ever read.

I never read Game Informer. OXBM is an ok official magazine. OPM was too RIP.

Gamepro sucked as well. I used to like Nintendo Power.... back when I was 8 and Nintendo was the only game in town. I remember when it was free (Called the Nintendo Fun Club I think) and then went to the subscription based NP.

Nintendo Power's actually improved after they redesigned their magazine. They're no longer the biased magazine they once wore and actually acknowledge competition. o_O

[quote name='Tsukento']Nintendo Power's actually improved after they redesigned their magazine. They're no longer the biased magazine they once wore and actually acknowledge competition. o_O[/quote]

If I can find a free subscription as with EGM and GFW, I'll give it a shot :lol:.

[quote name='neoism']will this stack on my account. I have til april 08[/quote]
Yep.

I got 47 issues left for FREE :D. My GFW subscription expired this month though :bomb:.

x SofaKingCool

Ergo Proxy FTW :D!

[quote name='striker199']just takes me to video game expo tickets after I enter my information?[/QUOTE]

Same with me. If it works: Awesome. If not, I guess I'll just get more spam or something.

[quote name='striker199']just takes me to video game expo tickets after I enter my information?[/quote]

I think the promotion expired about a year ago.

I'm not saying there is anything better out there...but it still isn't 'good'.

LOL, does anybody pay for EGM? I'm moving this week, so I'm gonna have to pass on this tempting offer, but it reminded me to log on to EGM's site to update my address. I have 100 issues remaining, all acquired through various free offers over the years... my subscription is effective until November of 2015.

EGM used to be awesome. I remember getting those huge issues back then with like SF2 on the cover or something. Lamepro was always wack. Gamefan was a good mag though will the nicest pics.

I've gotten two years free so far, yet no one has ever called me to ask if I want to subscribe. Although, I have subscribed for a year a while back.

[quote name='toneroni']EGM used to be awesome. I remember getting those huge issues back then with like SF2 on the cover or something. Lamepro was always wack. Gamefan was a good mag though will the nicest pics.[/quote]

I was always a fan of the craziness that was "Ultra Game Players" with the hidden messages in the magazine and their senses of humor...but your post reminded me that I have the egm 50th issue, with the holographic Road Rash 2 cover in a box somewhere here. And i don't know why...:lol:

[quote name='SniperREX']If I can find a free subscription as with EGM and GFW, I'll give it a shot :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I get my NP for "free" through Game Crazy MVP. I choose that over OXBM and EGM (not an xb gamer and I was still getting EGM at the time).

I'm not against NP, but I certainly don't trust all of their 8/10 scores. Its really not that bad, albeit some articles are geared towards younger audiences, so is the particular game you jerk! =P

bread's done
Back