1 million Wii units manufactured a month

mercilessming

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Nintendo tells .biz in regards to the Wii

"For the first three months of this year we have been producing one million hardware units per month. We are increasing the manufacturing capacity and forecast to ship 14 million in this fiscal year to our distributors and retail customers globally."

Good news, my only fear is the Gamecube did sell 25 or 35 million and 3rd party support was alittle short. Granted games like GTA, I could care less about Nintendo not getting. I just wonder with the current sales numbers of the Wii, why hasn't every studio broke out their Gamecube SDKs and started atleast Gamecube level Development for the Wii, with Wii game production comparitively cheaper than anything else, short term seems like everyone would be trying to cash in on the current wii interest. To bad we cann't see into the future, anyway I am looking forward to HeatSeeker on the Wii.

Kinda a joke, but I am suprised Capcom hasn't made the Wii Street Fighter Edition xxxx remix for Virtual Console and called it a new game for 8 dollars.

[quote name='magiic']Im going to go out on a limb and say the Wii[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Back on topic:

Hmmm. I've been hearing that alot of the problem with stock is not that they don't have it, but that it takes like a month to arrive by boat.

So yeah, I expect a steady supply of Wiis, just barely not meating demand, for quite some time. Probably of DS proportions.

Is a hardware unit a wii, or is it wii's, remotes, nunchucks, etc? Those sound like hardware units to me. Needs to be defined.

Sony sold 100 million PS2s in 5-6 years. Thats 15 to 20 million a year. Nintendo can only make 12 to 14 million a year? Wow... Sony is better at something.

Certainly a valid comparison especially considering the amount of PS2s produced stayed constant in the system's lifespan....

[quote name='David85']Sony sold 100 million PS2s in 5-6 years. Thats 15 to 20 million a year. Nintendo can only make 12 to 14 million a year? Wow... Sony is better at something.[/QUOTE]

Imagine that, huh? Granted over time the Wiis will be alot easier to produce and I'm sure Nintendo can reach 25 million units produced a year if needed (in two+ years). Aren't we also supposed to get multiple colors and a cheaper version down the road without Wii Sports? I'm sure Japan is going to deplete those.

[quote name='mastarecoil']Is a hardware unit a wii, or is it wii's, remotes, nunchucks, etc? Those sound like hardware units to me. Needs to be defined.[/quote]

Are you a fucking idiot? We are talking about the WII CONSOLE HERE. No one or no article has said anything about accessories. How hard is it to understand that a hardware unit = the Wii console?

[quote name='panasonic']Something is wrong with what nintendo is saying if the wii is virtually sold out and npd says it sold around 250k[/QUOTE]

Nothing is wrong with what Nintendo is saying. They're making 1 million Wiis globably (and NPD doesn't count Wal Mart which has to account for a significant number of sales especially with the whole "Grandma will love it" marketing that's been going on).

bread's done
Back