1 Month of Xbox Live Gold for $1 + free Halo Reach Avatar item

greggysasaki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Please forgive me if this was posted before. I noticed this deal in the spotlight section of my dashboard. A code for Noble 6's helmet will be sent out to the email you have registered.

[quote name='sgr76']I'm guessing this is a silver deal?[/QUOTE]

was on my dashboard and I have gold until December and I got in on the 1 year for $29.99 with the helmet deal so guess not only for silver

[quote name='sgr76']I'm guessing this is a silver deal?[/QUOTE]

I currently have Gold and it showed up on my dashboard. I was able to add it to my account without any problems.

I signed up for this earlier today, and I am already Gold. I suspect they pushed the offer out to the wrong group.

Anyway, my $1 month doesn't start until July 2011 when my current one expires. I got in on this purely for the Noble 6 helmet.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']missed out on the @29.99 renew. how does this one work? I have live till end of 2010. just really want free noble 2![/QUOTE]

This is the same reason why I got this myself.

I hate giving M$ my CC # since I have many horror stories about M$ screwing people after their accounts had been compromised. Also, it's not possible to remove the CC # later, is it?

[quote name='eau']I hate giving M$ my CC # since I have many horror stories about M$ screwing people after their accounts had been compromised. Also, it's not possible to remove the CC # later, is it?[/QUOTE]
ive had live since the original xbox and have never had a problem, and you can remove the CC.

Saw this deal earlier today, too. Am also a present Gold member.

Also saw a 2-year Live pre-buy for $84, which included 1600 MS Points ($20 value) deposited into your account within a few weeks of the end-of-the-promotion

[quote name='eau']I hate giving M$ my CC # since I have many horror stories about M$ screwing people after their accounts had been compromised. Also, it's not possible to remove the CC # later, is it?[/QUOTE]

can we use a prepaid visa gift card to pay?

It's a little odd that once MS announced a price hike for Live that they then offer some of their best subscription sales. A year for $30? A month for $1? I can't recall a time where MS was so aggressive with their price slashing as they are now.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's a little odd that once MS announced a price hike for Live that they then offer some of their best subscription sales. A year for $30? A month for $1? I can't recall a time where MS was so aggressive with their price slashing as they are now.[/QUOTE]

Hook us in now, renew us at the more expensive rate a year later.

[quote name='frpilot']can we use a prepaid visa gift card to pay?[/QUOTE]
Yup ive done it numerous times.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I got in on it too for $1, my gold doesnt run out till December, when should I take the credit card info off the account (dont wanna get charged more)[/QUOTE]
I tried going in for a 2nd month immediately after I turned my Silver into Gold (it said something like "Stay gold after your trial is over" and they treat it as a trial for us Silver members although it IS just a gold month, but it said there was an error. Looks like I lucked out, it might have been removed right after I did it.

I really hope they still do it tomorrow though, I need another month on the cheap, or 3 months for $10.

I already have the Noble 6 helmet though, guess I'll trade that here on CAG :p

EDIT: I forgot the whole reaosn I quoted you! You can cancel immediately. Go to Modify Membership and where it says Renew membership ON click on it, keep clicking next next next, then click OFF.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sensuitomo']i believe it was only up for a couple hours.. sucks though(was at work)[/QUOTE]
Lame, lame, lame.

Alright. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']

EDIT: I forgot the whole reaosn I quoted you! You can cancel immediately. Go to Modify Membership and where it says Renew membership ON click on it, keep clicking next next next, then click OFF.[/QUOTE]

I don't have to wait for the 1 month to actually take effect? (my current gold subscription doesnt run out until December 12th) and I havent been charged yet, so do I wait till i get charged (december 12th/13th) and then take the info off ? cus if i do it now im guessing it'll cancel the purchase?

also, I was able to purchase 2 of these 1 month deals, I figured for $1 why not try to purchase 2 of them, so I clicked the tab again and clicked to buy another one, and I did get 2 confirmation emails for the deal... probably could have done it as many times as i wanted... oh well.

[quote name='styl3s']ive had live since the original xbox and have never had a problem, and you can remove the CC.[/QUOTE]

I am shocked how many people think when you remove it you are safe. The non believers go ahead and remove it then try to buy something it pops up then showing the cc you have removed. So no it does not remove it just removes it from showing you it is attached to the account. I had a friend get hacked and acted like he did not care cause he removed his card and wham there goes a few grand from his bank. He still working on the problem with the bank since MS does not care i guess. They say it was removed from his account and give him a end around about it being there fault it was not removed. I tried it on mine and yup when cc is removed and i go to buy ms points it pops up my removed cc info to buy some. I am shocked people do not know this and is sorta old news.

You would be shocked how many accounts get hacked on xbox live and rack up charges. They change the screen name and sell the accounts on ebay and whatever else ways they can make money. I won a auction once for 1600 ms points and tried to rip me off sending me account info with a balance of that amount. Where do you think they get those full of MS points accounts on ebay? I hope MS stops being MS and do something so you can remove the CC and not just make it look like it was removed.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I am shocked how many people think when you remove it you are safe. The non believers go ahead and remove it then try to buy something it pops up then showing the cc you have removed. So no it does not remove it just removes it from showing you it is attached to the account. I had a friend get hacked and acted like he did not care cause he removed his card and wham there goes a few grand from his bank. He still working on the problem with the bank since MS does not care i guess. They say it was removed from his account and give him a end around about it being there fault it was not removed. I tried it on mine and yup when cc is removed and i go to buy ms points it pops up my removed cc info to buy some. I am shocked people do not know this and is sorta old news.

You would be shocked how many accounts get hacked on xbox live and rack up charges. They change the screen name and sell the accounts on ebay and whatever else ways they can make money. I won a auction once for 1600 ms points and tried to rip me off sending me account info with a balance of that amount. Where do you think they get those full of MS points accounts on ebay? I hope MS stops being MS and do something so you can remove the CC and not just make it look like it was removed.[/QUOTE]

Only stupid IDIOTS get "hacked" on Xbox LIVE. I've had a CC on file for years now.

NO. It isn't on file for auto-renew. I go Silver at the end of my subscription. Right now that would be next year. I can buy points thru the dashboard if I chose to.

Sure I've heard all the stories of accounts being stolen and hacked and it is most likely some IDIOT who fell for a FREE MicroSoft points link that they got sent in a message. LoL. That really isn't "hacking" since you give up the info knowingly and stupidly by believing that there are ways you can get FREE MS points.

I know there are some regions mainly in EU where removing a CC isn't so easy. There you have to actually call up MS. US accounts can complete that procedure online.

bread's done
Back