$1-month Xbox LIVE Gold (still ALIVE -- even for beta users!) [for Silver members]

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not sure if this is widely known but ever since beta users began using the new dashboard it seems that ALL deals and advertisements have disappeared from our screens. I know I was usually getting a $1/month Gold offer each time my sub. would expire and I would revert back to a FREE Silver Membership.

Hopefully, this will help some of you out as I have just stumbled across it tonight.

Upon trying to download the new Gamespot video app. on my Silver account, I was alerted on screen that the download would only work if I were a Gold member. I clicked to "UPGRADE" and followed the prompts that after a couple of clicks brought me to a screen with 6 offers.

12 Months $60
3 Months $25
Redeem Code

1 Month $1

[quote name='Romeo']I spoke with MS about that. They're trying to phish people's PayPal info. Same thing happened to me and a friend when we did it.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on that? I don't think I like the way that sounds.

just wondering, but if M$ is able to convert all their silver accounts over to gold for $1 a month, would they end up getting more subscription revenue each month?

makes you go hmmm.... :)

[quote name='11440']Can you elaborate on that? I don't think I like the way that sounds.[/QUOTE]

They won't officially admit it but I know it's true. The rep on the phone wouldn't confirm/deny it.

Basically I tried my credit card, which is already on file, and it kept getting rejected. I also was on the phone with a friend telling them to get the free month, and their card denied every time. After several tries, both of us at the same time tried Paypal and it went through immediately without a hitch.

Now another member just mentioned it happened to them yesterday, and this happened to my friend and I last week. It cannot be some accident or coincidence at this point.

[quote name='Romeo']They won't officially admit it but I know it's true. The rep on the phone wouldn't confirm/deny it.

Basically I tried my credit card, which is already on file, and it kept getting rejected. I also was on the phone with a friend telling them to get the free month, and their card denied every time. After several tries, both of us at the same time tried Paypal and it went through immediately without a hitch.

Now another member just mentioned it happened to them yesterday, and this happened to my friend and I last week. It cannot be some accident or coincidence at this point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't even know that PayPal can be used to pay for Live.

[quote name='Romeo']They won't officially admit it but I know it's true. The rep on the phone wouldn't confirm/deny it.

Now another member just mentioned it happened to them yesterday, and this happened to my friend and I last week. It cannot be some accident or coincidence at this point.[/QUOTE]

And that is why u use a $1 leftover giftcard u have sitting around :bouncy:

I noticed last night that it is not showing me the $1 month either. It has changed to $9.99 on the offer wall. I choose 'No Thanks' and it takes me to the FREE month trial option.

I've got a CC on file that I have used for other FREE/$1/$2 months.

I've not committed to anything yet as I have a 14-day Gold pass ongoing.

[quote name='UnicornBang']Where did you hit no thanks at? I tried it on multiple apps[/QUOTE]

On the wall that has the 6 options. Under the 'Redeem Code' offer is the 'No Thanks'. I believe only those consoles that have FREE 1-month trials (3 per console usually) that have not been used are getting the FREE offer. If not, you are taken back to the Get Gold screen where there is another 'No Thanks' square at the bottom.

[quote name='UnicornBang']Where did you hit no thanks at? I tried it on multiple apps[/QUOTE]

You need to be Silver first then DL any app. I tried the Netflix app.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I noticed last night that it is not showing me the $1 month either. It has changed to $9.99 on the offer wall. I choose 'No Thanks' and it takes me to the FREE month trial option.

I've got a CC on file that I have used for other FREE/$1/$2 months.

I've not committed to anything yet as I have a 14-day Gold pass ongoing.[/QUOTE]

I got the free month this way. Thanks!

Just got the free one 1 month. Being a CAG is the gift that keeps on giving. Just in time for Halo 4 as well!

[quote name='da510']Just got the free one 1 month. Being a CAG is the gift that keeps on giving. Just in time for Halo 4 as well![/QUOTE]

Same reason I need it and for COD next week.

There's a 1 month for $1 for Silver members available through the Vevo app. It will ask if you want to upgrade to Gold to use Vevo, and select no to get the $1 month deal.

Remmber to turn off auto renewal.

[quote name='UnicornBang']It still doesn't work for me. This does not work for all users[/QUOTE]

I think you need a credit card on file and/or need to be a former Gold member. Do you and are you?

what the heck.. tried the free month trick by going to d.load netflix and it seemed to work. Went through the whole process. Did that a few days ago. I just went to xbox live rewards to try to get some points... and it shows i am NOT a gold member. Anyone know what the deal is? I went through the whole sign up process, entered a credit card, ect, and it seemed to work fine but it now shows i am just a silver member

I did this a couple of days ago, and I was pleasantly surprised! :D Thanks for the post!! Now I just have to remember to turn off the auto-renew.

[quote name='Kenshindono']what the heck.. tried the free month trick by going to d.load netflix and it seemed to work. Went through the whole process. Did that a few days ago. I just went to xbox live rewards to try to get some points... and it shows i am NOT a gold member. Anyone know what the deal is? I went through the whole sign up process, entered a credit card, ect, and it seemed to work fine but it now shows i am just a silver member[/QUOTE]

My rewards isn't showing gold either. Maybe it has to do with the 1 month "trial" gold. Sucks because I just bought a bunch of xbla stuff. We'll see what happens when I try for the $1 next month

I cannot get this to work at all.

My Gold subscription expired a few days ago and I've been trying since then to make this work. I found a video (below) that shows how it's supposed to work as described in this topic, but I can't get it to work like that.

When you select "free download" for Gamespot TV, it's supposed to bring you to the "You need Xbox Live Gold to continue." That never happens for me; I just get the popup telling me the app is 73.89 MB and to confirm download. If I use the app and try to play a video, I get another popup telling me to get Gold, but I only get the $9.99/month option. I've tried a bunch of other apps with the same result.

My account had Gold for 3 years and this is the first time I've let it expire since this method seems to work for 99% of people here. I'm also on the new Dashboard, but I don't think you can even use the old Dashboard if you're online.

Very frustrating. I'm about to give up and drop $50 for another year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE9ZLn-joPg

[quote name='Quacker']I cannot get this to work at all.

My Gold subscription expired a few days ago and I've been trying since then to make this work. I found a video (below) that shows how it's supposed to work as described in this topic, but I can't get it to work like that.

When you select "free download" for Gamespot TV, it's supposed to bring you to the "You need Xbox Live Gold to continue." That never happens for me; I just get the popup telling me the app is 73.89 MB and to confirm download. If I use the app and try to play a video, I get another popup telling me to get Gold, but I only get the $9.99/month option. I've tried a bunch of other apps with the same result.

My account had Gold for 3 years and this is the first time I've let it expire since this method seems to work for 99% of people here. I'm also on the new Dashboard, but I don't think you can even use the old Dashboard if you're online.

Very frustrating. I'm about to give up and drop $50 for another year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE9ZLn-joPg[/QUOTE]

Same things happens with me, Xbox live user here since the beginning.

[quote name='tears2040']Same things happens with me, Xbox live user here since the beginning.[/QUOTE]
Glad to know I'm not the only one. But I don't understand why it seems to work for everyone else. Perhaps we have been XBL Gold subscribers for too long?

Not too sure why but I am able to download these apps with no prompt's. I have a "Xbox Live Free" account don't know if that differs from Silver. My account currently expired from a prepaid card.

It worked for me yesterday. I had had a gold membership for a while, and it expired in September. Got a 2 months for $2 deal, which just expired the other day, and then got 1 month for $1. Seems silly to get a longer subscription now that it's easy enough to turn off auto-renew online.

[quote name='Skydude']It worked for me yesterday. I had had a gold membership for a while, and it expired in September. Got a 2 months for $2 deal, which just expired the other day, and then got 1 month for $1. Seems silly to get a longer subscription now that it's easy enough to turn off auto-renew online.[/QUOTE]

It's actually not silly, seeing as this method doesn't work.

My free month just ended. Tried this route again and it didn't work.

Also microsoft scams consumers. My gold ran out around 11pm EST on the 23rd when my expiration date was the 24th.

bread's done
Back