$1 PSP UMD Movies at Dollar Tree!!!

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!
Not really a DVD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD deal, so I guess I'll be putting it in this forum. Noticed Rent and Starship Troopers at my local store. Didn't look for long since I don't have a PSP.

Anyone know if these are flippable anywhere?

[quote name='str8gamer23']Anyone have any luck in california ? I checked 3 stores no luck. Should I keep looking?[/QUOTE]

I found a shit load of them in the Orange store on Chapman and Main. Im about to go check out another Dollar Tree store here in Santa Ana.

Palmdale CA Dollar Tree had a whole shelf full of them. Got like 20 movies for my son to watch on his PSP.

[quote name='cagdvdbargains']lexington MA had them, they opened 3 boxes for me. I say Lexington, but you will really think of it as Burlington, by the new Market Basket and Old Navy

Middlesex Commons - Store #3820
675 Lowell St
Lexington, MA 02420

picked up
steam boy
starship troopers
starship troopers 3
Spider-Man animated mutant menace
Spider-Man 3
Mall Cop
Cruel Intentions

they had angels and demons
national security
godzilla
charlies angels
and some of the others mentioned here, no final fantasy, the boxes seemed to be duplicates or pretty close of each other.

Checked several other dollar trees all said they didn't have them, but they clearly had lots of boxes to unpack.[/QUOTE]

if you're stores will look for them, they are packed 30 to a box, I think , so the box is like 18 -20 inches long and about as big as a umd case. covered in green stars and the labels say "Sony UMD"

in lexington, they left them in the box at an unused register, so I think all the MA Dollar stores are digging through their truck deliveries.

also saw
Gridiron Gang
7 Seconds
To Die For
Guess Who
Lords of Dogtown
Little Man
Walk Hard: Dewey Cox Story
Hollow Man
Bewitched
Fired Up

similar to a selection on page 2. I they must be grouped together.

on dvd, I saw 4 episodes of the greatest american hero...go Mr. H.

All of the movies we got also seem to have come from Canada. The movie ratings on the back say "Canadian Home Video" and have a maple leaf. Seemed a little odd.

We got :

Dragon Wars
Ghost Rider
Stealth
Fun with Dick and Jane
Fired Up
Metropolis
Steamboy
Hollow Man
Boyz N The Hood
Year One
Legend of Zorro
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3
7 Seconds
Dark Crystal
Starship Troopers 3
Lords of Dogtown
Paul Blart Mall Cop
RV
Anger Management

Can someone help me to pick up both spiderman 1 & 3, if possible?

I can't find anything in 3 different dollar tree stores.

Help!!!

Grabbed

Boys n the hood
Air force one
Stripes
FF spirits within
The pest
Monty python holy grail
Zathura

They had tons more.

picked up some im mcallen tx,

mall cop
boyz n tha hood
7 seconds
bad boys 2
spiderman cartoon
guess who
legend of zorro
stealth

if you guys have trouble finding them, ask one of the employees, i asked one of the girls and she didnt know about them, then she went and asked the supervisor and he had them inside a little office on the front of the store, they didnt let me go inside but they brought out one of each movies they had, they were real cool, and the girl was real fine, lol

[quote name='Ugamer_X']For the people who have found these, could you post your city/region? From what I've gathered in this thread, it seems to be only east coast stores who have received them so far. I've checked two stores in SoCal and found nothing.[/QUOTE]

It might be a drive but, beaumont CA store had like a 100 mostly repeats. I bought about 20. I just kept listening to the people on this thread and didn't give up hope. Thanks guys. (this was the 4th store I visited)

Southern California here. For about the past year, my local stores have been stuck with nothing but Chris Rock Bigger and Blacker; One Love The Life Game; and Shorts Play Extreme. Haven't checked in awhile, but doubt there's anything new.

[quote name='buster90']Nothing in Dallas, TX I stopped in for some candy and no UMDs anywhere.[/QUOTE]

If you go to south Irving (nearby Irving Mall), Dollar Tree over there has tons of UMDs. Finally I got spiderman 1 & 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The lady at register kept asking me what the hell is that? She thought it will play on DVD player.................

Not sure it's true but here's my 2 cents:

- Don't go to Dollar Tree store if there's no Gamestop in the neightborhood. I've visited 10 different Dollar Tree stores and I couldn't find anything. But the two stores later I visited they have tons of UMDs in stock, and of course there are two Gamestop within 10 miles areas.

Hopefully it'll help.

[quote name='junghu']Not sure it's true but here's my 2 cents:

- Don't go to Dollar Tree store if there's no Gamestop in the neightborhood. I've visited 10 different Dollar Tree stores and I couldn't find anything. But the two stores later I visited they have tons of UMDs in stock, and of course there are two Gamestop within 10 miles areas.

Hopefully it'll help.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that there IS a Gamestop in the same shopping center as the Dollar Tree where I first witnessed these products. Interesting theory.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I can confirm that there IS a Gamestop in the same shopping center as the Dollar Tree where I first witnessed these products. Interesting theory.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, your actually agreeing with his theory. He's basically saying if there's a gamestop close by there WILL be umds at that dollar tree. Funny because I went to a store last night that was a few stores down from a GameStop and they had nothing lol. Go figure!

I really want Mall Cop, RV, Secret Window, Metropolis and any other movie thats not on my list of 52 pick ups already lol. :) PM me!

No luck in Rockaway, NJ (northern NJ). Then again, they didn't really have an electronic section, just some DVDs on a bottom shelf in the toy section. Didn't ask as they were quite busy and I didn't want to try explaining to them what I was looking for if they didn't already know. Will try again later this week.

[quote name='junghu']Not sure it's true but here's my 2 cents:

Hopefully it'll help.[/QUOTE]

Nice theory, but as far as I know, these are shipping from Gamestop's warehouses to Dollar Tree's warehouses and then out to stores. It's not like they're walking to Gamestop and grabbing the boxes from the back. Most Gamestop stores haven't had this many UMDs in stock in years.

According to one Dollar Tree in my area (the employees called back to apparently either the manager...or the guy in charge of shipments if they're not one in the same), the hold up is that the shipments from their warehouses are staggered by area. According to him, my stores are apparently supposed to get them in today. So I might check later.

MR_E, Im in the Northtowns. Not sure where in WNY you are...

However I went around this morning. I did 6 Dollar trees from Amherst, North Tonawanda, and Tonawanda.

3 of them had UMDs, 3 didnt. My guess is that those 3 that didnt hadnt put them out yet.

The 3 stores that did had a ton of UMDs. All the same selection but I was able to buy 10-12 UMDs at each.

If you are in the Walden area or southtowns I didnt try there. Might be a different story.

[quote name='xDerekRx']MR_E, Im in the Northtowns. Not sure where in WNY you are...

However I went around this morning. I did 6 Dollar trees from Amherst, North Tonawanda, and Tonawanda.

3 of them had UMDs, 3 didnt. My guess is that those 3 that didnt hadnt put them out yet.

The 3 stores that did had a ton of UMDs. All the same selection but I was able to buy 10-12 UMDs at each.

If you are in the Walden area or southtowns I didnt try there. Might be a different story.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I'm in the southtowns. Probably going to check out Hamburg, McKinley, and the West Seneca stores today (the West Seneca store is where I got the info about the shipment coming in today). Will report back.

I forgot to add the most important part. All stores had a stock boy with a large cart emptying boxes. So my guess is that the stores that didnt have them out yet probably didnt get around to it. By the time you go Im sure theyll have em out. The selection is the same and all the stores got a ton of copies so I doubt at all youd have trouble getting what you want.

I went to a store earlier and it had about 25 different titles. Unfortunately, there were not any copies of Labyrinth or The Dark Crystal.

Be going to another DT later today. I'll pickup any movies I see people posting that they can't find and I would be willing to do a trade for possibly something not in my area. I see a couple requests for RV and a few others, so I'll PM people when we get back.

[quote name='Qwid']Be going to another DT later today. I'll pickup any movies I see people posting that they can't find and I would be willing to do a trade for possibly something not in my area. I see a couple requests for RV and a few others, so I'll PM people when we get back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

For those lucky enough to be let in to look at the selections while they are in boxes, the boxes are skinny and brown with like a hint of green on them, maybe even like a triangle print (if I remember correctly). Hope this helps in case you see sealed boxes of product :)

[quote name='lude21']Grabbed

Boys n the hood
Air force one
Stripes
FF spirits within
The pest
Monty python holy grail
Zathura

They had tons more.[/QUOTE]
Which one was that at? I went to the one down by me and they had ZERO of these.

I was 1 for 3 today. West Seneca was the only store that had them (out of the other two, one said they don't think they got it, and the other said that normal employees aren't allowed in the stockroom, and if they got them, new items are usually out on the shelf Monday).

The store that did have them didn't have much (like a bunch of copies of maybe 20 or 25 titles) and was pretty crazy, too. Looked like they'd already been pretty picked through, and people were checking it out the whole time I was there. One woman was standing next to me and literally grabbing handfuls of movies and then chucking the ones she didn't want back into the bin frisbee-style.

Long story short, I grabbed 13 movies (stuff that's been mentioned) and only found one of the ones I was really looking for. Might check the other southtowns stores again monday after they stock their shelves.

[quote name='MR_E']I was 1 for 3 today. West Seneca was the only store that had them (out of the other two, one said they don't think they got it, and the other said that normal employees aren't allowed in the stockroom, and if they got them, new items are usually out on the shelf Monday).

The store that did have them didn't have much (like a bunch of copies of maybe 20 or 25 titles) and was pretty crazy, too. Looked like they'd already been pretty picked through, and people were checking it out the whole time I was there. One woman was standing next to me and literally grabbing handfuls of movies and then chucking the ones she didn't want back into the bin frisbee-style.

Long story short, I grabbed 13 movies (stuff that's been mentioned) and only found one of the ones I was really looking for. Might check the other southtowns stores again monday after they stock their shelves.[/QUOTE]

I actually rechecked a few of the stores I went to earlier in the day at around 8pm. They still never added. The 3 I went to that actually had them, had them around 9or10am. So overall I went 3/7 in the northtowns. Id imagine Monday would be a reasonable time to check. Id hate to work at Dollar Tree. Just boxes of endless stock everywhere.

I actually grabbed a couple of random music CDs for .49 each and some duct tape. Its hard to leave Dollar Tree without buying something you dont need.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I wonder how many shoppers are confusing these for DVDs...[/QUOTE]

Apparently a lot if the cashier saying "You know these are for psp, right?" before checking me out is any indication.

Im at a store right now that has mostly all the titles. I'm looking for mall cop, secret window, rv an anything else I don't have. I can pick up whatever and trade if anyone is interested. Will be here for a few more minutes. :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's probably because people are buying them for the trade and upgrade $5 off coupons at Best Buy.:lol:

TV shows at Dollar Tree? Such as? They're not full sets though, right? More like the "Best Of" ones they had a couple of times already probably.

Either way, too bad there's no way to upload these UMD flicks to my PC and then DL them to my PSP Go.:cry:[/QUOTE]I think it might be possible if you have a psp 1/2/3000 as well.

[quote name='orangecrush']I think it might be possible if you have a psp 1/2/3000 as well.[/QUOTE]

There certainly is a way to transfer these and enjoy them on the PSP Go :) YouTube is very resourceful :)

[quote name='orangecrush']I think it might be possible if you have a psp 1/2/3000 as well.[/QUOTE]
I kind of figured that's what I'd have to do. Unfortunately that means I'd have to find a cheap PSP with a working UMD drive to test it out.:whistle2:#

Bingo :) There's no other way unfortunately. Also just to note the umd movies are about 1.6GB in size even with compression. You're just better off buying a 2000 or 3000 PSP model just to watch these. I prefer the PSPGo as well but another thing that's great is besides the Go being able to connect with component cables to a TV, the 2000 and 3000 can as well and these movies look pretty good on a LCD tv screen :)

Here is a master list of all the titles found so far by all CAGS.

7 Seconds
Air Force One
Anacondas
Angels & Demons
Anger Management
Animal, The
Astro Boy Vol 1
Bad Boys
Bad Boys 2
Bewitched
Boyz n The Hood
Charlie's Angels
Christmas with the Kranks
Click
Creature Comforts
CrossOver
Cruel Intentions
Dragon Wars D War
Final Fantasy Spirits Within
Fired Up
Freedom Land
Fun with Dick & Jane
Ghostrider
Godzilla
Gospel, The
Gridiron Gang
Guess Who
Hancock
Higher Learning
Hollow Man
House of Flying Daggers
International, The
Labyrinth
Lakeview Terrace
L4yer Cake
Legend of Zorro
Little Man
Lords of Dogtown
Metropolis
Monty Python Holy Grail
National Security
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Paul Blartt: Mall Cop
Pest, The
Rent
RV
Saving Silverman
Secret Window
Spiderman: Anim Ser Vol 1: Menace
Spiderman
Spiderman 3
Starship Troopers
Starship Troopers 3 Marauder
Stealth (This has 3 full game levels of Wipeout Pure on the UMD)
Steamboy
Stripes
Sweetest Thing, The
Taking Of Pelham 1-2-3, The
The One
To Die For
Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans
Year One
Zathura

I'm currently looking for the following. If you can pick up let me know by dropping me a PM! Thanks!
Bad Boys 2
Click
Creature Comforts
Dark Crystal
Ghostrider
Metropolis
RV
Paul Blart Mall Cop
Secret Window
Starship Troopers 1 (not part 3)
The One (not Year One)
Zathura

Thought I'd throw up my Want List along with Blizzard's:

The One
Little Man
Zathura
RV
Freedomland
Starship Troopers (the first one, not the third)
Lakeview Terrace
House of Flying Daggers

If anyone can pick these up I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm willing to trade or just buy them outright.

im here in mcallen tx and i can confirm we have them here in texas , so far all the stores I have gone to, have psp movies, not a great selection but i jave picked up a few

7 seconds
hollow man
the legend of zorro
guess who
boyz n the hood
stealth
mall cop
fired up
bad boys 2
bewitched
rent

the first store i went to they said they got them last tuesday and by thursday they ran out completely!
the second store only had a few of them, they said some guy came and took multiple copies of each movie

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']Here is a master list of all the titles found so far by all CAGS.

7 Seconds
Air Force One
Anacondas
Angels & Demons
Anger Management
Animal, The
Astro Boy Vol 1
Bad Boys
Bad Boys 2
Bewitched
Boyz n The Hood
Charlie's Angels
Click
Creature Comforts
CrossOver
Cruel Intentions
Dragon Wars D War
Final Fantasy Spirits Within
Fired Up
Freedom Land
Fun with Dick & Jane
Ghostrider
Godzilla
Gospel, The
Gridiron Gang
Guess Who
Hancock
Higher Learning
Hollow Man
House of Flying Daggers
International, The
Labyrinth
Lakeview Terrace
L4yer Cake
Legend of Zorro
Little Man
Lords of Dogtown
Metropolis
Monty Python Holy Grail
National Security
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Paul Blartt: Mall Cop
Pest, The
Rent
RV
Saving Silverman
Secret Window
Spiderman: Anim Ser Vol 1: Menace
Spiderman
Spiderman 3
Starship Troopers
Starship Troopers 3 Marauder
Stealth (This has 3 full game levels of Wipeout Pure on the UMD)
Steamboy
Stripes
Sweetest Thing, The
Taking Of Pelham 1-2-3, The
The One
To Die For
Year One
Zathura

I'm currently looking for the following. If you can pick up let me know by dropping me a PM! Thanks!
Bad Boys 2
Click
Creature Comforts
Dark Crystal
Ghostrider
Metropolis
RV
Paul Blart Mall Cop
Secret Window
Starship Troopers 1 (not part 3)
The One (not Year One)
Zathura[/QUOTE]

Can you add 2012 to the mix? Found a single copy at one of my Dollar Trees.

bread's done
Back