1 TB HDD deals?

Zmonkay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Hey all,

I'm looking to get a couple of terabyte drives, one for a friend to throw in an external enclosure, and another to throw in my rig. Anyone have any good deals? I'm kind of leaning towards WD, as that's what I've used in the past and have yet to have one fail on me (knock on wood), but if anyone knows an equivalent or better one, that's fine too.

I swear I saw a thread in here the other day about this, but hell if I can find it now.

Thanks!

HOT! Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 7200RPM for $65.48 AR and Live.com
These deals were listed separately, but I felt compelled to pull them together as they equal one fantastic deal, netting the Hitachi 1TB drives for $65.48 delivered.

Tigerdirect.com has the Hitachi 1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache Internal OEM Hard Drive (model 0A35155) for:

$109.99 -15% cashback ($16.49) - $30MIR (limit 5 per household) + $1.99 shipping = $65.48 delivered.

To activate this higher 15% cashback,

Go to live.com
Search for "digitalcameras"
click the ad for tigerdirect 15% gold coin cashback.

Drive Link

Rebate Link

Note that I also linked through another deal site (FW) for yet another 4% off (I have been able to get cashback for both links simultaneously with other vendors, so it doesn't hurt to try).

It only charged me the $1.99 shipping when purchasing 2 drives. So for me, the end cost will be: $60.09 per drive (.06 / GB!)

Credit to Deal Explorer and JoeToLive for the individual posts.

Taken from http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=413558&t=1038066

BIG THANKS muhsheesuh!

Just ordered one, and sent the info to my friend to see if she wants it for her enclosure. Thanks for all the other links too all!

I just purchased two of these drives after looking around for the best deals. For some reason the Fry's website is down, but do a search for the:

SEAGATE 1TB FREEAGENT PRO TR eSATA, FW & USB EXT.HD

It's 1 TB of storage space, but also it has the ability to handle a 400 firewire download speed. For me those drives that do only USB 2.0 take way too long to up/download.

The price is around $129. I looked at the thread someone else posted about deals for Black Friday and I didn't think any of them were better than this.

I've purchased many many many of these HDs for editing and they've been working great so I have a lot of confidence that they won't crash and burn on you.

bread's done
Back