1 vs 100 Beta is on in Canada this Friday

Kekumba

CAGiversary!
1 vs 100 Beta is on in Canada

Starting this Friday, May 8th our fine friends in Canada are going to get the very first look at the new Xbox LIVE show 1 vs 100 when the team rolls out a beta just for Canada*. If you have have an Xbox LIVE Gold account in Canada, you’ll want to check out the beta since in addition to it being a lot of fun, they’re also giving away real prizes. Hit the 1 vs 100 page on Xbox.com for FAQ’s, Rules and more. Keep an ear out as well, as I may drop in a few nights as ‘guest host.’

*I have a feeling there may be a lot of Hockey related questions, don’t you?

Didn't see it posted, thought I'd throw it out there.

Damn, I'll be missing out on the first night. Looks like it will be fun though. Hopefully the time limits make it google proof because the cheaters will be running wild since there are real prizes.

What does this symbol mean?
mspoints.jpg

This is the symbol for Microsoft Points. Microsoft Points will be at stake in 1 vs 100 Live, but not in the Canadian Beta.
oh snap gambling

Actually, if you read the rules and prize info about the game, there are no skill-based prizes in the Canadian beta. All prizes are awarded from a sweepstakes-like system, and you get entries just from participating in the game.

I haven't been able to stay in a game for more than 30 seconds. Past 30 minute I haven't been able to even get back to the lobby. :(

Beta is beta.

That was fun. Except for when it was about to start and it made me download it again which took like 10 minutes. Then I kept getting kicked back to the main menu after every question. Quitting to dash and starting up the game again fixed that. Most of the questions aren't that easy. Alot of it is pop culture. I need to watch Entertainment Tonight more often I guess. I screwed up the Gears of War one cause God of War looked like Gears of War at first and I spazzed on the X button cause the faster you answer the more points you get.

There was a host but he didn't appear too often. Half the time when I think he's supposed to be talking it's just his avatar moving his lips with no audio. Then most of the time he got cut off before he could finish what he was saying lol. Yay beta! There's short commercials every once in awhile too. Most of them were for Windows laptops. "I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person I guess."

I only heard the live host for about the last 45 minutes. Even then, there seemed to be a delay due to buffering that led to him being cut off by the AI host.

I got 2 network disconnects, otherwise, it was a great time!

I got on shortly after it started and had no real problems. I only got sent back to the Lobby once and that was after the One d/c during a question. I couldn't hear the Announcer for the first hour of the game and was surprised when I could hear him and found out that no one was actually winning prizes. I feel bad for the first few people who chose to take the money. I'd be pissed if I thought I won 3000 M$ points.
I actually made it to the Mob for one round and I was in the Top 10 in the Crowd a few times. I'm going to play again for sure. Hopefully I can start winning some stuff.

I didn't have any disconnect/kick problems with the game ... I joined at the start and was able to stay connected until it ended. However, like a few others, I wasn't able to hear the host until about an hour into it, and then he cut out after a while.

I was in the crowd the whole time, no Mob or One for me.

Also, I think the highest number of people that I saw connected was about 11,000 -- it was in one of the stats screens.

I'm interested to see what kind of achievements are going to be listed for this game. I pressed the start button during the game, and one of the options was "Achievements" ... I doubt we'll see any in the beta.

All in all, it was quite fun ... I'm going back for the next one.

I thought the game was pretty hilarious.
(Excuse me if any of the questions are typed wrong)

What is the sequel to Gears of War?
a) God of War
b) Gears of Peace
c) Gears of War 2

What chain sells 'timbits'?
a) (Can't remember)
b) Tim Hortons
c) Future Shop

Where would you commonly find a plunger in?
a) Bedroom
b) Living Room
c) Bathroom

What is the button that turns back a tape on a cassette?
a) Record
b) Rewind
c) Fast-Forward

For the last 3, about 30 of the mob was knocked off each time.

@ unknown2099: The next beta will be on Tuesday. This time, people should have a easier time getting in and playing as mob since there's three shows running together.

I honestly don't see how that game can be fun. Winning trivium games are only fun if your opponents aren't fucking retards.

I think it can be awesome, I was having serious connection problems so I was only in the crowd for a total on 10 minutes last night but I chock that up to beta-ness. I'll definitely check out some of the later beta tests and when it actually comes out.

i was able to answer 1 question (in the mob) before i got the network error after that i couldn't even join a game. After multiple attempts to join i got a you must have xbox live gold to participate message and i got disconnected from xbox live
i guess the prize for the game i was playing in might have be n+ cuz there were ads for it (thought they were not giving out the regular prizes in the beta though)

i was in the mob and doing REALLY WELL for the last hour. 11p-12a
couldn't log in for the first hour but hey, not like i got in and won real prizes.
lotta fun though. easy questions, fast, smooth, lotta dumb challengers, what's not to like?

oh yeah the no-prizes. well hopefully it goes live this summer?

I couldn't even get past the lobby. Oh well, I guess that's why we do beta testing. Next one is Tuesday night, for those interested.

[quote name='kleptodathief']im too lazy to even fireup the xbox to try this beta![/quote]
Thanks for the input!
Anyway.

My Gold expired so I didn't have a chance to get in on this, I'll probably grab it before the next show so I can test it out.
The prizes for non beta games are looking good. With large amounts of MS points and XBLA games supposedly handed out regularly.
I do wonder if they have a system in place, just in case your "prize" game is something you already own though.

[quote name='Deltapixel']Beta is on again tonight at 10pm (not sure what time zone)[/quote]
10 PM Eastern time (EDT -4)
This is for most of Ontario

I've actually been playing for a good while now. Current game is 1 vs. 3, and they have more players than last time apparently. Glad they sorted out the network problems already. :D

Yeah this was fun. Although at the start I got disconnected a few times, and another person in my party couldn't hear the live host until the last 45 minutes so there are still bugs left from last time.

Also did anyone else find extended play rather difficult? I did pretty good during the live show, but absolutely horrible on extended. Who knew all Canadian questions would make the trivia harder?

Today's live game ran much smoother for me than the one on Friday where I was getting kicked out every 20 seconds or so.

I'm liking the extended play more over the live game personally with the holds you can earn to keep your streaks alive on questions you don't want to risk losing the streaks

I tried it again last night, and things went smoothly for me -- no disconnects, and I was able to hear the host much more often than last Friday night (but he still cut out occasionally). This time I was able to get into the Mob. Of course, one of the next questions was a pop culture/celebrity question and I bombed.

I think the way into the Mob (or the One, for that matter) has to do with your stats -- accuracy, answer speed, streaks, etc. I had a 17 correct answer streak, and right after that is when I landed in the Mob.

I also tried the Extended play ... it was a little different. It didn't seem quite as competitive because I wasn't grouped with other players, but there was less wait time between questions.

By the way, thanks to TripleQ for posting the link to the schedule.

[quote name='onemorechanc']I think the way into the Mob (or the One, for that matter) has to do with your stats -- accuracy, answer speed, streaks, etc. I had a 17 correct answer streak, and right after that is when I landed in the Mob.[/QUOTE]That's what the host said, its not random

[quote name='Sousanator']That's what the host said, its not random[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess it would be neat if we could hear the host all the time! The times that I did hear him, he was just talking about somebody's gamertag or explaining that people who chose the money aren't getting anything ... they should just stick with the mob.

Man, I had a 21 answer streak going and didn't even make it into the mob. The live game was a little slow for my tastes, but I guess I'm too used to playing video games :p

Tried last night, and got into the final 2 mob vs 1 in a game, says I won 800 pts for a live game, so we'll see in 6-8 weeks.

Extended play was alright, I just suck so bad at geography questions. They said extended play is a good way to boost your stats for a chance to get into the mob.

I lawled at that question about Michelle Obama last night. Went from 86 mob to 26 with that question alone. Stupid reporters!

[quote name='shifty_37']Tried last night, and got into the final 2 mob vs 1 in a game, says I won 800 pts for a live game, so we'll see in 6-8 weeks.

Extended play was alright, I just suck so bad at geography questions. They said extended play is a good way to boost your stats for a chance to get into the mob.[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath, the beta isn't giving away prizes for winning. However they are doing a sweepstakes thing and you get more entries based on how much you play 1 v 100.

What was this Michelle Obama question that everyone screwed up?

[quote name='jbo2891']Don't hold your breath, the beta isn't giving away prizes for winning. However they are doing a sweepstakes thing and you get more entries based on how much you play 1 v 100.

What was this Michelle Obama question that everyone screwed up?[/QUOTE]
It was something along the lines of 'What annoyance would Michelle Obama like most to leave behind when she leaves the White House?' Choices were: reporters, kids and a third one (pets?) I can't quite remember.

[quote name='Flooba']It was something along the lines of 'What annoyance would Michelle Obama like most to leave behind when she leaves the White House?' Choices were: reporters, kids and a third one (pets?) I can't quite remember.[/QUOTE]

lol, thanks... seems like reporters was the only logical answer.

[quote name='jbo2891']Don't hold your breath, the beta isn't giving away prizes for winning. However they are doing a sweepstakes thing and you get more entries based on how much you play 1 v 100.

What was this Michelle Obama question that everyone screwed up?[/QUOTE]

Yeah my friend told me about the host saying something about no prizes during the beta. Didn't hear it as I missed a bit.

They have a few questions unrelated to Canada during extended play also.

"Which of the following countries is not Scandinavian?" and such.

bread's done
Back