1 Year Subscriptions to Gaming magazines <$5

stojko23

CAG Veteran
This was stolen from SD.

Linnx posted:

http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/...gory=Games

Use code HEARTS18 to save 18%

These magazines are $4.69, a few are $5.95. Take 18% off that. Pretty slick if you are a reader of any of these.

Computer Gaming World Magazine
Electronic Gaming Monthly Magazine
Game Informer Magazine
Nintendo Power Magazine
Official Xbox /non Cd Version Magazine
Pc Gamer Magazine
Playstation 2 Magazine

I also have a question about the Game Informer magazine. If I get a subscription to it online, will I get the Gamestop edge card also?

[quote name='stojko23']This was stolen from SD.

Linnx posted:

http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/...gory=Games

Use code HEARTS18 to save 18%

These magazines are $4.69, a few are $5.95. Take 18% off that. Pretty slick if you are a reader of any of these.

Computer Gaming World Magazine
Electronic Gaming Monthly Magazine
Game Informer Magazine
Nintendo Power Magazine
Official Xbox /non Cd Version Magazine
Pc Gamer Magazine
Playstation 2 Magazine

I also have a question about the Game Informer magazine. If I get a subscription to it online, will I get the Gamestop edge card also?
[/quote]

Probably not but you can get the edge card for $2 using the thread in this forum. Search Edge card $2 or something similiar.

Not a bad price for the mags that cant be had for free in the magazine thread.

Some people seem to not have good experiences with them, but I have. No problems with them whatsoever. I think at one point I even got a 3 year subscription to the original OPM with the CD for about 19.99.

I ordered Nintendo Power from them before and got it. It works. It just takes a couple of months before you start receiving the magazines.

Anybody have any experience with or knowledge of the required email list that they push on you as part of the discounted subscription cost?

[quote name='cbotwell']Anybody have any experience with or knowledge of the required email list that they push on you as part of the discounted subscription cost?[/quote]

If you're worried about spam, just make a dummy Yahoo or Hotmail account and forget about it.

[quote name='AwRy108']JUST AN FYI: Last time I ordered from this site, the two mags I paid for NEVER showed up. Ever.

Buyer beware.[/quote]

Yeah, the email thing made me think it probably wasn't the most legitimate site. The part where it tells you that they use your email is about a paragraph long, and I'm not sure if its just firefox, but it pops up in its own window only to close itself not giving you enough time to read the part about spaming you.

Might be worth it to try as cheap as it is.

Yeah I have been curious about this site as well.
I wanted to try out a year of PC Gamer.

Might go through with it since it is pretty inexpensive.

Isn't PSM dead? I thought they were rebooted to Playstation the Official Magazine. Wonder if this deal is for that mag instead of PSM or Playstation 2 Magazine.

I ordered a magazine subscription from them once. I believe it was entertainment Weekly. Anyway. After a while, i got an email stating that the subscription is no longer available and that I would be refunded. I never got refunded.

[quote name='Draknight']Isn't PSM dead? I thought they were rebooted to Playstation the Official Magazine. Wonder if this deal is for that mag instead of PSM or Playstation 2 Magazine.[/quote]

Whoops. force of habit. good catch.

I've used this site before with mixed results. Yeah, the magazines finally came - but, it took almost 11 months for one and 8 months for another. I had to send numerous emails to their customer support to get the ball moving. I finally gave up on one and ordered the mag elsewhere before this sub finally kicked in.

Yeah, methinks you're better off shelling out a few more dollars at a more respectable magazine seller.

I just got the weekly "Deal Of The Day" email from bestdealmagazines.

On Monday (02/18) they have Nintendo Power for $3.99. Just go to their site and click on the Deal Of The Day link.

Wow, this magazine site is amazing... they are offering a subscription to Computer Gaming World for just $4.69!! Of course, Computer Gaming World is now known as Game for Windows (been that way for over a year now), but it costs $12.95...

Definitely seems buyer beware, what with offering a sub to a mag that hasn't existed for over a year, and offering the new rendition for 3x as much.

I'm sorry there are a few bad experiences with this site. I've been using them for years ordering magazines for myself and family. I've probably ordered 50+ over the years, including renewals. Never had any problems - they only problem is that they often take 8 weeks to start. However, this is usually because monthly magazines print labels and magazines well in advance.

Give it a try - their prices are great.

I've also been using this site for years. I've gotten probably 2 dozen subscriptions through them. Never had a single problem. Maybe you wait 8-10 weeks for the first issue. But they haven't screwed me on a single order.

Computer Gaming World no longer exists (it became Games for Windows). So don't order that.

edit: I see someone beat me to that point.

Also, here's a testament to how far PC Gamer has fallen: I didn't even take a second look at the $5 price. That is one magazine that went from awesome to not worth the paper it's printed on.

PC Gamer is actually very, very good now that they've changed editor-in-chiefs and even had another redesign just an issue or two ago. I still hesitate to trust their reviews, but the columns are great, the last page by Zero Punctuation is funny, they often do have cover stories I'm interested in (this month's issue is devoted to upcoming zombie games), and they even do the occasional reprint from PC Gamer UK, which is arguably the best game magazine in print currently, but costs literally $160.

Hmm..tempting.

I had been wanting to get one or two gaming magazine subscriptions, but I'll probably just try somewhere else. Where is a good place to go? I usually just by individual magazines at Barnes and Noble or somewhere like that.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Computer Gaming World no longer exists (it became Games for Windows). So don't order that.

edit: I see someone beat me to that point.

Also, here's a testament to how far PC Gamer has fallen: I didn't even take a second look at the $5 price. That is one magazine that went from awesome to not worth the paper it's printed on.[/QUOTE]

Games for Windows no longer exists either. It became online only about a month ago. I was supposed to get PC Magazine or something in its place but never got anything. Also I ordered from this site and did get my subscriptions. It just took a really LONG time to get them. Like a week past the maximum time they state it will take to receive your first issue.

I bought Gameinformer and Xbox mag off this site not too long ago. The have been coming to my house and it was a great deal. Anyone on the fence I would recommend.

bread's done
Back