10.00 Walmart Blu Rays now 8.00?

The reason I mentioned 10 because I remember Monster Squad and The Condemned at 10.00 and the spot were the 10.00 BR's were, was filled with 8.00 titles...

I would be interested in hearing more about this. I planned on picking up Kung-Fu Panda this weekend so I'll take some pics on my phone.

It's hit and miss on these. Some of the ones that used to be $10 (The Condemned, The Punisher, Crank) are now going for $8, but some of the one's that were $10 are still $10 (Dogma, American Psycho, 28 Days Later).

My WM has a bunch of different priced ones 8$, 10$, 13$ and 15$, not sure about previous 10$ being 8$ but i know they have them, i picked up way of the gun for 8$ but the usual 10$ were still 10$ (total recall, cabin fever etc)

could be YMMV

The $8 Blu-Rays I remember seeing:

- The Monster Squad (purchased)
- The Condemned (purchased)
- Near Dark (purchased)
- Lord of War (no extras, unlike SE DVD, which is unacceptable to me for Blu-Ray and indicative of a future double dip IMO, so I passed even though I really like the movie)
- Crank (already own on DVD - not sure if it's worth the upgrade)
- Chaos (Jason Statham direct-to-DVD flick - probably fun, but I've never seen it and I'm trying to limit my Blu-Ray collection to only top quality releases and supreme guilty pleasures)

Out of those, I know for a fact that The Condemned and Near Dark used to be $10.

There was also another section of $10 Blu-Rays, but most of those were already sold out.

i can confirm this. but the titles that are $8 are not for me. I like crank but at this point I've seen it too many times to own. The other titles i cant recall at all.

At the Wal mart near me they have a bunch of $8.00 blus...
but they've always been priced at eight dollars since they first got them in stock; Mostly the titles already listed.

However, there were two movies i noticed that used to be $10.00 and are now going for $8.00:
The Running Man was one & the other was either Hard Rain or the Drop Zone(cant remember which one dropped in price)

I have Rambo for 8 at my Walmart but that's the only one. I'm really hoping that they'll add Hellboy 1 to the 8 dollar bin, soon.

Which Crack does Statham have sex to keep his heart going in? 1 or 2? Never seen either one, but heard he has sex in public in at least one of them. Or maybe it's both?

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']The $8 Blu-Rays I remember seeing:

- Near Dark (purchased)
- Lord of War (no extras, unlike SE DVD, which is unacceptable to me for Blu-Ray and indicative of a future double dip IMO, so I passed even though I really like the movie)
- Chaos (Jason Statham direct-to-DVD flick - probably fun, but I've never seen it and I'm trying to limit my Blu-Ray collection to only top quality releases and supreme guilty pleasures)

Out of those, I know for a fact that The Condemned and Near Dark used to be $10.

There was also another section of $10 Blu-Rays, but most of those were already sold out.[/QUOTE]
Crank is def worth the upgrade the PQ is amazing

^
Agreed. Crank (and Crank 2) are great blu's to have for their A/V alone.

[quote name='merkman']Which Crack does Statham have sex to keep his heart going in? 1 or 2? Never seen either one, but heard he has sex in public in at least one of them. Or maybe it's both?[/QUOTE]

I believe you'd be referring to a scene in the first one.

[quote name='merkman']Which Crack does Statham have sex to keep his heart going in? 1 or 2? Never seen either one, but heard he has sex in public in at least one of them. Or maybe it's both?[/QUOTE]

It's both.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']The $8 Blu-Rays I remember seeing:

- Near Dark (purchased)

There was also another section of $10 Blu-Rays, but most of those were already sold out.[/QUOTE]

Return The Condemned and pickup Crank or Lord of War. Crank is worth the upgrade in my opinion, unless your TV does not have 1080p, but then why are you buying blu-rays to begin with =P

Both. Once in the middle of the street in the first one and on a race track in the second one.

Frailty just got added to the $8 Blu-Ray rack at my Walmart. This is a MUST HAVE!

[quote name='freshzen']Return The Condemned and pickup Crank or Lord of War. Crank is worth the upgrade in my opinion, unless your TV does not have 1080p, but then why are you buying blu-rays to begin with =P[/QUOTE]

I didn't return The Condemned (I had already opened it and it's too much of a guilty pleasure anyway), but per your advice (and the advice of others in this thread), I grabbed Crank.

I loved it in the theater, but I bought the DVD and never watched it. :( Still, with the increased PQ and HD extras, how could I resist? I actually got the Blu cheaper than the DVD.

I passed on Lord of War. It's an awesome movie, but the lack of extras are inexcusable when the DVD SE had them. Come on! I'll wait for the inevitable double dip. Besides, as good as the movie is, it's not exactly one I'd watch over and over.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']

I passed on Lord of War. It's an awesome movie, but the lack of extras are inexcusable when the DVD SE had them. Come on! I'll wait for the inevitable double dip. Besides, as good as the movie is, it's not exactly one I'd watch over and over.[/QUOTE]

I agree that a lack of extras is unacceptable, but what do you think the chances of a double dip of Lord of War are? I didn't think that movie did that well. I think it's been too long since its release to warrant a director's cut.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I agree that a lack of extras is unacceptable, but what do you think the chances of a double dip of Lord of War are? I didn't think that movie did that well. I think it's been too long since its release to warrant a director's cut.[/QUOTE]

The DVD got one, so why not the Blu-Ray?

Throwing a bunch of extras that have already been made onto a disc doesn't sound like much effort at all.

With that said, you could still be right: We may never get that double dip. But I only see Blu-Rays getting cheaper over time, not more expensive, so it doesn't hurt me to wait.

When Walmart can afford to create a $5 Blu-Ray bin like they did for DVDs, you know they will.

Personally I think we are a few years away from the $5 Blu-Ray bin at Walmart. Heck I've seen Walmart locations that have either none or next to none of the $8-10 Blus that are mentioned here on CAG.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Personally I think we are a few years away from the $5 Blu-Ray bin at Walmart. Heck I've seen Walmart locations that have either none or next to none of the $8-10 Blus that are mentioned here on CAG.[/QUOTE]

The ones at my Walmart are separate from the rest of the Blu-Rays, so try hunting a bit. It's possibly hidden somewhere.

My Walmart has BR disks scattered on like 4 or 5 shelves all over electronics. I scour the shelves and find that most of the cheap shit is sold out and what's left is either expensive or garbage.

bread's done
Back