10/17 XBOX LIVE Down for Maintenance - "Cool Stuff" Revealed

Yeah I'm just staying up waiting around for Lumines. Got a little Saints Row in but want to play Lumines really bad. Anyone going to buy the extra 600 point pack with it?

Truthfully i have no idea, i thought there were extra levels, seperate multiplayer etc, but i havent been keeping up w/ it much since i thought it was supposed to b out over a month ago

From Gamespot "Besides the regular version of Lumines Live, Microsoft is also selling a Lumines Live! Advance Pack separately for 600 Microsoft points ($7.50). According to the company, the Advance Pack will include 22 new skins with new music tracks. Microsoft also said more updates would be on the way in the form of unspecified "exclusive downloadable content to enhance and extend the gameplay experience."

I'm just wondering if the updates we will have to pay for or not. Because if you buy the game and the advance pack thats already over 20 bucks.

[quote name='DomLando']From Gamespot "Besides the regular version of Lumines Live, Microsoft is also selling a Lumines Live! Advance Pack separately for 600 Microsoft points ($7.50). According to the company, the Advance Pack will include 22 new skins with new music tracks. Microsoft also said more updates would be on the way in the form of unspecified "exclusive downloadable content to enhance and extend the gameplay experience."

I'm just wondering if the updates we will have to pay for or not. Because if you buy the game and the advance pack thats already over 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

haahahahahahaha. If they are already raking us over the coals already for this game, do you really think they will make future expansions free? Thats like saying Bethesda is going ro make the next set of horse armor free. Sorry, but free content on the marketplace is pretty few and far between.

Funny, I had the chance to rack up some play time on the PSP version and completely forgot this was coming out for the 360. Looks like I'll have a portable and a console version. Score.

[quote name='DomLando']600 points for an expansion pack does seem a little excessive when the full version of the game is 1200.[/QUOTE]

Well the game ships with 12 skins and this expansion (supposedly) added 22 more.

---------

According to wiki, they have 3 game packs lined up. A Music/Video pack, a Mission/Puzzle/Skins pack, and an Advanced Difficulty pack.

I'm guessing we're getting the Mission/Puzzle/Skins pack.

either something went totally unexpected for m$ or they don't know how to feed us hardcore gamers who are willing to stay up this late just to play a game or 2.

[quote name='lilboo']So um.. i'm on XBL right now. Besides Lumines Live! being up...what's different?

Where's the "cool features" ?[/QUOTE]

Apparently all of the "cool features" are on the xbox.com side of things....which is still down.

I managed to download Lumines, and have been playing for a couple hours now.
I noticed that the leaderboards are incredibly slow to load. Hopefully it'll be fixed.

Also, I am addicted.

i got on before I left and downloaded Lumines.. the full game was there but no packs were.. maybe they'll release those later today...

I downloaded the trial version before heading off to work and didn't notice anything different either. Just from playing the trial version of Lumines the D-pad feels like its not as responsive as it should be. Thats my small complaint for the morning. The Analog stick works like a beast though. I'll be downloading the full version when I get home tonight. I really liked this game on the psp but I traded my psp so I need my lumines fix.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I connected to XBL, but the downloadable content window would not load.
Silly me, thinking I'd play some Lumines before work...[/QUOTE]

Same here (except replace "work" with "class")

All of live was loading super slow, and my NAT came up as moderate instead of open.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm also having connection troubles. Just managed to get on after like 4 tries.

Nice upgrade![/QUOTE]

moar liek DOWNgraed, m i rite?

got into XBL but couldn't see any marketplace stuff. wanted to play the Lumines demo before class...

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I connected to XBL, but the downloadable content window would not load.
Silly me, thinking I'd play some Lumines before work...[/quote]

Yeah I tried the same thing, it connected and the marketplace wouldnt load so I signed off and I couldnt sign back in. :roll: its back up alright.

It took me FOREVER to sign on, and once I did, it "can't retrieve information from XBox Live" when I try to check for new arcade games. Same on themes and pictures.

Now it kicked me off XBL. WTF? Maybe that'll fix it.

Nope. Signed back in and everything's broke. Oh well. Back to watching Scrubs.

bread's done
Back