10% Back in eBay Bucks UNTIL March 30th

acthechamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (95%)
Check emails/messages/home page to see if you got this offer.

Earn 20% on fashion purchases

Earn 10% on all other purchases (does NOT work on eBay gift cards but works on the rest)

I just bought $150 Best Buy Gift Card and received $15 eBay bucks for it.

Valid until March 30th, 11:59 PM PT.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
In for whatever I have left in eBay certs worth of GS GCs.  On my way home from work I'll convert them back to eBay certs.  Good times.

Don't forget cash back sites.

With all the coupons and bonus eBay Bucks deals they've been pushing, they must really be trying to pump up their end of quarter numbers.

Could you by any chance show how it looks like in the homepage? I've never gotten offers like these in the past, its frustrating.
This time it was hard to miss.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-29%20at%2011.55.33%20AM_zpsisez5jep.png

that does not show up on my ebay homepage.
It appears on the account that I use for purchases, but not on the account I use for selling. The selling account is older than the purchasing account by 12 years or so. Same options selected for all communications preferences on both accounts.

No offer for me...tried being signed in and not...incognito and not....then I decided to actually sign up for the ebay bucks program...did not even know this was a thing. Whatever.

Here's to future purchases!

Keep in mind that you need to get a minimum of $5 within a calendar quarter to get any money. If you don't get the $5 within that period, eBay eats your bucks and you get nothing.

So in order to get $5, you need to spend $50. Which is not bad, but it still sucks if you don't get the minimum amount.

The current period ends on the 31st.

I got this as well, but when I add 200$ worth of paying dollar (not face value), it only shows gives me only 4$.

Why???

It's like car commercials

0% APR FOR LITERALLY EVERYONE that qualifies. Come in and found out if you qualify. Also, you don't qualify.

I got this as well, but when I add 200$ worth of paying dollar (not face value), it only shows gives me only 4$.

Why???
Don’t worry about that, the estimated eBay bucks display is wonky like that. Sometimes you’ll see it show up with the default 2% and then at final checkout page it’ll update to the correct promo % only to default to the default 2% at the purchase confirmation page and vice versa. The important thing is to make sure you activate the promotion. You can confirm that by opening up your eBay bucks homepage to view the current activated promos. After your purchase, you’ll be able to view the page and see if the promotion correctly calculated your money earned.

I’ve participated in this program for years and only one time last year the site was not calculating my promo correctly and I just called CS over the phone and they manually adjusted my ebay bucks on the spot. It was painless aside from having to wait 15 minutes for the adjustment to be authorized.

This eBay stuff is free easy money. Ever since Gamestop offered eBay gift cards, I’ve been going to my home store and recycling my on hand eBay gift cards into Gamestop gift cards to purchase a new eBay gift card to save for the next promo. I noticed the Paypal digital gift card account limits your purchases when there’s an active eBay bucks promo going. Some people have mentioned having issues with their GS stores but maybe I’ve just been lucky but I thought GS credit was officially limited only on Amazon and gas card purchases at the moment.

I’ve participated in this program for years and only one time last year the site was not calculating my promo correctly and I just called CS over the phone and they manually adjusted my ebay bucks on the spot. It was painless aside from having to wait 15 minutes for the adjustment to be authorized.
I will say once maybe a year and a half ago they didn't calculate the bonus amount right. I had to contact customer support 3x before I actually got my bonus. Each said it will appear within a week. Maybe I was unlucky?

Ya one time I didn't get the 4x bonus, gave them a call and they were able to add the bonus bucks to my account the same day. I'm not sure if I can participate this promo or any in the near future as I'm almost at the $5k 180 day limit but I read on SD they changed those terms and theres no longer a limit but I don't want to risk being locked out and not being able to use my eBay bucks certificate.

Ya one time I didn't get the 4x bonus, gave them a call and they were able to add the bonus bucks to my account the same day. I'm not sure if I can participate this promo or any in the near future as I'm almost at the $5k 180 day limit but I read on SD they changed those terms and theres no longer a limit but I don't want to risk being locked out and not being able to use my eBay bucks certificate.
Where on SD did you see this? I am closer to the limit than I would like to be and would be happy with a change.

Sucks, I tried to do that coupon yesterday for $25 off of $125 yesterday, got 1 $100 gamestop card and 3 psn gift cards at best buy. My best buy order never got confirmed and I paid $101 for my gamestop gift card instead of $106 for everything. Leaves me sour lol, might just get 1 $100 gamestop gift card with this promo

Where on SD did you see this? I am closer to the limit than I would like to be and would be happy with a change.
Before eBay GCs used to get tied to the PayPal account and could be found under the following link (could check if you had remaining balances on previous used eBay GCs) - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-pie-available

Today I bought some GS GCs using eBay GCs and passed the $5k 180 day limit but the eBay GCs I used aren't on the PayPal account in the above link.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8573494-psa-ebay-updates-its-gift-card-terms-and-conditions-removed-rolling-180-day-5k-spending-limit-added-gc-spending-limit-of-1k-per-transaction

Anyone have any idea how you can get this promotion to work? I get ebay bucks but I never get these promotions.
I believe you need have promo emails enabled or at least after I did that my 2nd eBay account started getting eBay Bucks promos. Under Account > Communication Preferences > Promotions and Surveys > "check" - General email promotions

I believe you need have promo emails enabled or at least after I did that my 2nd eBay account started getting eBay Bucks promos. Under Account > Communication Preferences > Promotions and Surveys > "check" - General email promotions
thx. never got these promo just like i never get those bby free certs... just enable today, hopefully it'll show up tmr.

sadly, its been checked for months...

I will say once maybe a year and a half ago they didn't calculate the bonus amount right. I had to contact customer support 3x before I actually got my bonus. Each said it will appear within a week. Maybe I was unlucky?
Yeah anytime you call CS anywhere it's luck of the draw if you can find competent people.

I wouldn’t quite call it newsworthy yet but something of note when I picked up some eBay gift cards last night was my GS store manager mentioned to me that LP was aware about people buying POSA gift cards such as eBay in particular using gift cards/store credit. He said that the plan was to soon stop allowing people to buy any POSA gift cards using gift cards/store credit. I didn’t drill him about any possible POS block so as to stay a little more conspicuous so it’s possible but he may just have been referring to a store policy similar to how stores are not allowed to process Kindle or gas POSA cards like that vs a hard coded POS block. What I did clarify with him on was whether he meant that it was Kindle/gas cards that was no longer going to be processed and he emphasized to me that any POSA cards like eBay were not to processed as well. He said that it wasn’t profitable enough for them and that they actually pay commission to companies like eBay to get their gift cards and that LP is aware that allowing people to use gift cards on non-profitable items needed to change. He also mentioned about certain customers coming in frequently and maxing out on the $500 gift card and recycling them continuously (I’m not one that does this and he pointed out that he wasn’t singling me out since he mentioned I purchase lesser gift cards on occasion only – which is true - so it sounded more like it’s becoming a district problem for my area).

I’m not quite overly concerned about the warning of change since I suspect he’s trying to enforce a store level policy at the moment only. Corporate changes like the POS block take time so to add eBay gift cards into the mix just seems like something that will take even longer than what he was claiming. He let me buy my $300 eBay gift card but I got the sense that he was going to start cockblocking everybody sooner than later. But just putting it out there that at a minimum, more managers and LP are going to notice the increase in recycling gift card purchases which I’m sure at some point will end.

Yeah anytime you call CS anywhere it's luck of the draw if you can find competent people.
I wouldn’t quite call it newsworthy yet but something of note when I picked up some eBay gift cards last night was my GS store manager mentioned to me that LP was aware about people buying POSA gift cards such as eBay in particular using gift cards/store credit. He said that the plan was to soon stop allowing people to buy any POSA gift cards using gift cards/store credit. I didn’t drill him about any possible POS block so as to stay a little more conspicuous so it’s possible but he may just have been referring to a store policy similar to how stores are not allowed to process Kindle or gas POSA cards like that vs a hard coded POS block. What I did clarify with him on was whether he meant that it was Kindle/gas cards that was no longer going to be processed and he emphasized to me that any POSA cards like eBay were not to processed as well. He said that it wasn’t profitable enough for them and that they actually pay commission to companies like eBay to get their gift cards and that LP is aware that allowing people to use gift cards on non-profitable items needed to change. He also mentioned about certain customers coming in frequently and maxing out on the $500 gift card and recycling them continuously (I’m not one that does this and he pointed out that he wasn’t singling me out since he mentioned I purchase lesser gift cards on occasion only – which is true - so it sounded more like it’s becoming a district problem for my area).
I’m not quite overly concerned about the warning of change since I suspect he’s trying to enforce a store level policy at the moment only. Corporate changes like the POS block take time so to add eBay gift cards into the mix just seems like something that will take even longer than what he was claiming. He let me buy my $300 eBay gift card but I got the sense that he was going to start cockblocking everybody sooner than later. But just putting it out there that at a minimum, more managers and LP are going to notice the increase in recycling gift card purchases which I’m sure at some point will end.
Interesting. Would make sense for GS to make it ba corporate policy. However, I never understand why these employees do things like this. I'm lucky that all the employees at my GSs are super chill about everything.

Interesting. Would make sense for GS to make it ba corporate policy. However, I never understand why these employees do things like this. I'm lucky that all the employees at my GSs are super chill about everything.
He was the SM so he's expected to look out for the long term profitability of his store. I don't really blame him but agreed sometimes I prefer to deal with the other employees for that very reason.

3 more hours left for 10% back in eBay bucks which can be redeemed on April 3rd which is in a few days. Did pretty good this time around rolling gcs.

bread's done
Back