$10 Bestbuy Rewards Refunds

hero101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
207 (100%)
Today, I got a $10 coupon from bestbuy in the mail for reimbursement for $9.99 enrollment. Fellow reward members should get this in the mail also.

coupon exclusion include:
some stuff (digital camera SLR, new released dvds, videogame hardware, desktop and laptops) and some other stuff which i'm too lazy to type.

All I got was a 12% off coupon and a notice saying they won't charge enrollment fees anymore if you make at least 1 purchase a year.

[quote name='OGHowie']All I got was a 12% off coupon and a notice saying they won't charge enrollment fees anymore if you make at least 1 purchase a year.[/QUOTE]

Same here......bastards.....

I got the $10 gift check the other day. This will go nicely with the $15 rewards they sent me a month ago. Now, what game to get for free. :) Something for the DS I think.

[quote name='OGHowie']All I got was a 12% off coupon and a notice saying they won't charge enrollment fees anymore if you make at least 1 purchase a year.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. But if you read the full terms, you'll also find that the rate of return has changed to $5 certificate for each $250 you spend. Basically, RZ started at 5% ($5 for every $100) when it was first launched as a trial, dropped to 4% ($5 for every $125) when it was launched nationally, dropped again to 3.3% ($5 for every $150) and now cut to 2%.

[quote name='fidodido']Ditto. But if you read the full terms, you'll also find that the rate of return has changed to $5 certificate for each $250 you spend. Basically, RZ started at 5% ($5 for every $100) when it was first launched as a trial, dropped to 4% ($5 for every $125) when it was launched nationally, dropped again to 3.3% ($5 for every $150) and now cut to 2%.[/QUOTE]

2%!?! Bastards!

[quote name='fidodido']Ditto. But if you read the full terms, you'll also find that the rate of return has changed to $5 certificate for each $250 you spend. Basically, RZ started at 5% ($5 for every $100) when it was first launched as a trial, dropped to 4% ($5 for every $125) when it was launched nationally, dropped again to 3.3% ($5 for every $150) and now cut to 2%.[/QUOTE]

In the test market I'm in they double the points for CDs, games, and movies (in store only). You can also pick one of 5 categories for double points (in store and online). In theory, if you're strictly buying games and gaming gear, you could earn $5 for every $125 again.

[quote name='bmarquardt']In the test market I'm in they double the points for CDs, games, and movies (in store only). You can also pick one of 5 categories for double points (in store and online). In theory, if you're strictly buying games and gaming gear, you could earn $5 for every $125 again.[/QUOTE]

This might be everywhere now. I just got a card in the mail today that stated all CD's, music, and video games will always get double points from now on. I've also never had to pay a yearly fee. I got it free during a promotion a few years ago and every time I let it lapse I get a letter saying since I'm such a good customer they added a year at no charge. They obviously don't look at my purchase record since I only get to the BB here about once evey 3 or 4 months. :p

[quote name='fidodido']Ditto. But if you read the full terms, you'll also find that the rate of return has changed to $5 certificate for each $250 you spend. Basically, RZ started at 5% ($5 for every $100) when it was first launched as a trial, dropped to 4% ($5 for every $125) when it was launched nationally, dropped again to 3.3% ($5 for every $150) and now cut to 2%.[/QUOTE]Wow, that's lame. Reward Zone was the only thing keeping me going to Best Buy, I think I might start shopping at Circuit City first more often now. Their clerks don't seem to pop out at every damn corner asking me if I need help. >_

[quote name='BasketCase1080']same here... this pisses me off[/QUOTE]

than again... my expiration date is coming up too.

I got the $10 coupon today as well - I joined on April 3rd. I should have about $20 worth of certificates coming soon as well, since I recently purchased a new stove from BB...so $30 to play with, should be nice. :)

I got the 12% too. Maybe those who got into the program prior to this year or got in for free are S.O.L on the $10. Too bad because I'd much rather have the $10 then the 12%

[quote name='Redeema']I got the 12% too. Maybe those who got into the program prior to this year or got in for free are S.O.L on the $10. Too bad because I'd much rather have the $10 then the 12%[/QUOTE]

I joined on JAn 31 2006 and got the 10 today

[quote name='OGHowie']All I got was a 12% off coupon and a notice saying they won't charge enrollment fees anymore if you make at least 1 purchase a year.[/quote]

Yup, that's what I got. It would be nice if they sent me $10, but then again, I signed up for free through a coupon from this site last year. Still, the rewards have been terrible. Supposedly they sent me rewards certificates, but I have never received any until fairly recently recieving my first three. I think that the program has been a gip from the beginning and I have a theory that they are selevtive as to who they send out the certificates to because most of my buying only happens there with a GGC or coupon or when some deals is occuring.

Man, I almost threw mine away...It said it was about the new policy and I already found out about it from here, so I figured Id throw the letter away. Thank god for CAG.

i got my $10 coupon the other day. Not bad considering i got my reward zone membership for free. Anyways, looks like i'll be going to CC more now that the reward % is lower.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yup, that's what I got. It would be nice if they sent me $10, but then again, I signed up for free through a coupon from this site last year. Still, the rewards have been terrible. Supposedly they sent me rewards certificates, but I have never received any until fairly recently recieving my first three. I think that the program has been a gip from the beginning and I have a theory that they are selevtive as to who they send out the certificates to because most of my buying only happens there with a GGC or coupon or when some deals is occuring.[/QUOTE]
I've rarely bought anything from BB without a coupon or PM or something, and I've gotten both certs I earned. Just switch to email, no way they can get lost that way.

I signed up in April (Think around the end) so i SHOULD be entitled to my $10 back. I didn't get it.. or anything yet ;(

Actually, the 2% doesn't start September 18th.

http://www.myrewardzone.com/learnmorefaq.jspx

And I'd better get one of those $10 coupons. I could use an upconverting dvd player. :)

[quote name='Roufuss']The 12% coupon is worthless... it's not usable on games, dvds, movies, it's only on big ticket stuff.[/quote]

12% coupon = $36 off of a Zen Vision:M. BIN! $264!

[quote name='tcrash247']Good thing I bought my 360 3 weeks ago at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Ahahahahaha yeah me too! A couple months ago, but yup! ****ers have gotten their fair share of money outta me over the past few years cuz of their damned reward points. Now that it's down to 2%... out goes my slight bias towards them on big purchases.

Two Percent, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah it's free now, but hell... at 2%, who really gives a sh*t. Not like they've had a good sale in 2 or so years either. On top of all the other usual rips on BB.

I renewed my membership around April of this year and got a lousy 12% coupon. I wonder if I can call them up and complain to get my $10 membership fee back...

reward zone is a ripoff.

The sales associate told me it was 10% back, so I said what the hell and got a card and used it on a laptop and software purchase.

So then I find out that the return is only 2%, and I go on the wabsite and tell them to send the coupons or whatever.

3 months ago...

I got nothing.

They tried to mask their new BS reward values by making you think they juswt made it simpler, so you'd skim over it.

"A simplified point system! Get 1 point for nearly every dollar spent!"
"Earn 250 points and get a $5 reward certificate!"
"We're not going to tell you that that's actually $100 more that you have to spend to get $5 back!"

Good thing we got our new TV recently, before this change. It was bad enough when they upped from 125 to 150, but 250, that's a bunch of money just to get $5. I thought $150 was bad.

But at least you get your membership renewed for free, and it's now a free service.

I got the $10 coupon, for this reason, "To show our appreciation to you for being a member and because you've recently paid $9.99 for enrollment, please enjoy a coupon good for $10 off your next purchase at Best Buy."

And they should've at least given us $10 cash, or even $10 credit, because a coupon means you can't use it with any other coupons ($5 off, 10% off, whatever.)

Oh, and another thing, the Reward Zone $$ should be like store credit, but it's not. If you use them on a purchase, the points that you get is only the cash difference, not the total price before using your rewards.

Just got the 12% coupon... the 2% thing is crap. Considering it's BB's way of tracking individual purchases (you know how marketers love how to track people's buying habits), I likely won't be bothering with the card unless it's a screaming RZ member's only deal that I can't get somewhere else.

Remember, they don't actually give you the points until 30 days have past since you made the purchase... so if you've set yourself up to get $10 or $20 GCs, set it back to $5 and make any large purchases you were planning on before July 18th to make sure you get full value back. (July 18 because of the 30 day point delay and the fact that they usually wait a full month after you have enough points to actually ship the GC).

I got the 12% coupon also. I last renewed my membership in May '05 for two years at $14.99.

Anyways, yeah, it sucks how it was lowered to 2%, but that's probably because they started the new Reward Zone Mastercard. You get 5 points for every dollar you spend at Best Buy when using it as credit, you get 1 point per dollar when you pay another way but show the card, and you I think youg get 1/3 of a point per dollar spent outside of Best Buy.

So in Best Buy, if you use the credit, you'd be getting 10%! (Spend $50 x 5 points = 250 points = $5 certificate).

However, I'm going to find out today if this will actually be the case after September, because right now, it's even better than that:

Spend $30 x 5 points = 150 points = $5 certificate (that's 16.667% rewards!)

I'm guessing that their changing the point system because the Best Buy MasterCard pays too good of a reward.

I wonder how long it will be before Circuit City makes their rewards program available outside of the credit card. Right now its 5% of your purchase is rewarded on CC purchases and 1% on purchases outside on the CC Visa card. Plus the rewards has always been a free with the CC credit card too.

I got the 12% coupon also. I last renewed my membership in May '05 for two years at $14.99.

I called them up and they're going to issue a $5 refund in the form of a certificate.

Anyways, yeah, it sucks how it was lowered to 2%, but that's probably because they started the new Reward Zone Mastercard. You get 150 points for every dollar you spend at Best Buy when using it as credit, you get 100 points per dollar when you pay another way but show the card, and you I think you get 30 points per dollar spent outside of Best Buy.

So right now:
In Best Buy, if you use the credit, you'd be getting 5%. (Spend $100 x 150 points = 15,000 points = $5 certificate), and 3.33% for other payment methods, and 1% for purchases outside of Best Buy.

===========

Sorry about the bad info I posted earlier. I got a little confused by something.

With current system, you get 1 point for every single cent you spend (so a purchase of 49.99 gets you 4,999 points), and you need 15,000 points to get back $5.

With the upcoming new system, you get 1 point for every dollar you spend, not cent. You'll need 250 points to get back $5. I think this will make it worse for us as points will probably be rounded down. So I'm guessing that, let's say you buy something for $39.95, you'll probably only get 39 points for that.

So here's the thing, I asked and they told me that we'll still be getting 5% back with the MasterCard. That would mean that you'd have to get 2.5 points per dollar spent or there will have to be some seperate point system for the credit card, or what the guy told me is wrong.

I still didn't get anything in the mail :(

I don't understand why on earth they made it $5 for every $250 you spend. Like.. OK..they don't HAVE to have this program. They don't HAVE to give you $5 back..but they made it, and that's an interesting incentive. But damn, make the incentive worth it!!

Sigh

I really hate places that don't allow you to stack coupons. Especially with a coupon like this!? being that's its more on the lines of a store credit because it's refunding the $10!

Siiigh!
But hey, getting a $30 DS game for $20 is pretty nice I guess.. or a $20 for $10 :)

bread's done
Back