$10 Blu Rays @ Wal Mart B&M and online

silverball

CAGiversary!
This may be a known deal, but I didn't see it posted.

Today 12/04/08 in Olive Branch, MS Wal Mart I saw several Blu Ray Titles marked to $10.
Crash
Terminator 2
Stargate
First Blood
Rambo 2
Rambo 3
Resevoir Dogs
Saw
Saw II
Saw III
Total Recall
Young Guns
There were a few others that I can't remember. I forgot my cell phone and couldn't take notes or pics.

I've been to Wal-Mart like 3 of the 5 days since Black Friday and not seen this and yesterday spotted it right on the endcap with new releases. Sold out. Darn.... Well, they still had the $14.99 blu-ray's still there. Tried to see if they could check if they had some in the back (Target is usually good about that) but the ladies said if it's not there, then they're sold out. Oh well...

I checked online a few days ago but they were $11.86 and not $10. I'll have to check again right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
i browsed online and thought i saw it, but checking again it was only the first 2. but really the 3rd one was the worst so far.

Yikes, a lot of the reviews were not too good but I'm guessing a lot of these releases were among the first Blu-ray releases. I was going to buy Total Recall but then saw a new Blu-ray (from Studio Canal) version is coming out on Dec. 18th. T2 with no extras and in digital 5.1 eh?

I admit, it's all tempting for $10 but with several thousand of DVD's in my collection (which include a lot of these on sale), not sure if I want to rebuy a lot of these films I have on DVD on BD just yet. Especially if blu-ray owners have given them less than stellar reviews. But again its really tempting since I'm enjoying watching my films on hi-def now.

[quote name='Hulk']Are you sure Saw 3 was $10? It's $18 online and $22 at my store.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's possible someone placed it in a $10 spot, but it was saw III, but I didn't check the tag to verify a match.

Nice find. I wish the walmarts here in San Diego would discount blu-rays (and not put them behind the frakking locked, glass case).

[quote name='h0mi']Nice find. I wish the walmarts here in San Diego would discount blu-rays (and not put them behind the frakking locked, glass case).[/QUOTE]

Looks like they don't trust people in San Diego yet ;)

I would be in for Terminator 2, Stargate, Saw, Saw II, Saw III and Total Recall however I expect a rerelease of Terminator and T2 around the time the 4th movie comes out. If not when in theaters then with in 6 months when it comes to BD and DVD. As of now the lack of extras and from what I have read the pictur quality is not much better makes me not want it and I'm find with my DVDs of the films. I have Stargate and the Saw movies I might get however I just can't bring myself to buy BD versons of DVDs I already own. The same was with some HD-DVDs. Only movie I can think of that I have double diped on is Batman Begins I bough the BD version even though I have the HD version. I have Clerks and Clerks X but I got Clerks X from pepsi. If they are going to come out wiht a BD version of Total Recall with extras no point in getting this one then. To bad the list does not include BD DVDs I don't currently own that I would pick up. Anyway thinks for the post OP.

My local Walmarts had those shelfs set up, but the copies didnt come in yet. Nothing that interests me. You can get the entire Rambo I-III set on DVD for $14, and IMO the Blurays dont offer much of an incentive even at $10 a pop. Only title I would have bought was T2 but I already own it on BR.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']http://www.walmart.com

Just search for the title you want.

Man the internet is getting way too lazy.[/QUOTE]

thankz and how long this deal for

I think amazon also has T2 for 12.xx and Stargate for around 10. So if one was to buy them all from amazon they would chances are save. Well atleast the ones that are 10 or close to it and did not live in an area where amazon charged tax.

went to walmart this morning in columbus oh, they said there was no 10 dollar saw 3, all the other ones were 10 bucks tho

My Wal-Mart received a full shipment but looks like everyone bought CRASH, T2, Stargate and the SAW movies. Actually had Reservoir Dogs in my hand but I have it on DVD already and asked myself... Do I really want to see that movie again...hehe..Pulp Fiction yes...Reservoir Dogs, not really and then I asked myself the same thing with the Rambo films.

So, just picked up Young Riders since I don't have on DVD and for Total Recall, will wait for the new release that comes out next week.

bread's done
Back