10 days of deals at Monoprice.com - 40% off gaming Aug. 4th

has anyone placed an order with monoprice lately? I'm normally an advocate of their site but the order I placed last month took forever to get here and 4 of the 6 cables I bought are already broken plus the hdmi switcher I bought has tons of distortion. I honestly couldn't believe it was the same company.

Really? I've never had a problem with them. The last order I placed was a few months ago for an HDMI switch and it worked fine.

[quote name='Big D.']Really? I've never had a problem with them. The last order I placed was a few months ago for an HDMI switch and it worked fine.[/QUOTE]

I posted that wrong. I actually got a Hdmi splitter, not switch. It was this one:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=7522&seq=1&format=2

Like I said, I was a little shocked with the service. I've placed tons of orders with these guys and have never been unsatisfied. I'm hoping this was just a one time fluke.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']has anyone placed an order with monoprice lately? I'm normally an advocate of their site but the order I placed last month took forever to get here and 4 of the 6 cables I bought are already broken plus the hdmi switcher I bought has tons of distortion. I honestly couldn't believe it was the same company.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered something over the weekend and already got my order. Took 3 days.

Thanks for posting this, saved $2 off a Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter for my new MacBook Air. Basically made shipping free.

[quote name='RoMee']I might finally buy their 8323 headphones.[/QUOTE]

I have them. Listening to them right now actually. I'm not an audiophile by any means but they sound magnitudes better than anything I have listened to. I don't think anything could come close for the price.

This, didn't think i'd find a headphone deal on CAG, lol.
Might also go ahead and pick up some cables as well.

Well, I can vouch for monoprice as I order from them all the time. As for shipping, I always do OverNite (only avail to CA) since it's either cheaper or around the same price as standard UPS and much faster.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']has anyone placed an order with monoprice lately? I'm normally an advocate of their site but the order I placed last month took forever to get here and 4 of the 6 cables I bought are already broken plus the hdmi switcher I bought has tons of distortion. I honestly couldn't believe it was the same company.[/QUOTE]

I bought 2 DVI to HDMI adapters a week or so ago. Took 3 days, but the HDMI end of one of the adapters came off the first time I used it. Pins were all bent up inside. Very disappointed with that.

[quote name='dugbrandon']I have them. Listening to them right now actually. I'm not an audiophile by any means but they sound magnitudes better than anything I have listened to. I don't think anything could come close for the price.[/QUOTE]

They do look like nice headphones,
Do they block out noise pretty well? I use a cheap pair when I cut the grass, that block out the sound of the mower surprisingly well, but they are getting beat to hell. I'll probably need to replace them before long.
May give these a try.

I haven't been terribly impressed with them lately. Bought a bunch of gold plated Mini USB cables and all 6 are now junk. Took less than 2 weeks to go through all 6 cables. On top of that they messed up 2 of my orders either by including an extra item (not complaining) or subbing for something semi similar

[quote name='Chlorox']I haven't been terribly impressed with them lately. Bought a bunch of gold plated Mini USB cables and all 6 are now junk. Took less than 2 weeks to go through all 6 cables. On top of that they messed up 2 of my orders either by including an extra item (not complaining) or subbing for something semi similar[/QUOTE]

Well, really, if you buy into that gold plated garbage, you're asking for trouble anyway. Gold isn't going to be very useful unless your A/V setup is outside in a humid environment or something.

Will their mechanical (Cherry MX switch) "gaming keyboards" be on sale for this? I already ordered a keyboard from WASD yesterday, but one of my friends is looking for a less expensive mechanical KB. Link seems to describe a sale that is happening that doesn't appear to be about gaming... Maybe I'll just have to wait and see?

[quote name='dugbrandon']I have them. Listening to them right now actually. I'm not an audiophile by any means but they sound magnitudes better than anything I have listened to. I don't think anything could come close for the price.[/QUOTE]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106376

I picked these up for 14.99 last week when they had a code for an additional $10 off. I think they sound great.

[quote name='Flacksguy']They do look like nice headphones,
Do they block out noise pretty well? I use a cheap pair when I cut the grass, that block out the sound of the mower surprisingly well, but they are getting beat to hell. I'll probably need to replace them before long.
May give these a try.[/QUOTE]

They do a good job of blocking out noise, if you are listening to music at the time. I don't know that I would wear them while mowing though because I would feel weird with the clunky over the ear things on my head outside. The only thing I don't like about them is that My ears get sore and hot after wearing them for a long time. Perhaps if your ears are just a little smaller than mine you wont have issues with getting sore, though I think I have fairly normal sized ears. I wear some cheap skullcandy ear buds while mowing or on my motorcycle and those do just fine as far as blocking out the noise.

[quote name='dugbrandon']They do a good job of blocking out noise, if you are listening to music at the time. I don't know that I would wear them while mowing though because I would feel weird with the clunky over the ear things on my head outside. The only thing I don't like about them is that My ears get sore and hot after wearing them for a long time. Perhaps if your ears are just a little smaller than mine you wont have issues with getting sore, though I think I have fairly normal sized ears. I wear some cheap skullcandy ear buds while mowing or on my motorcycle and those do just fine as far as blocking out the noise.[/QUOTE]

Headphones aren't really meant for wearing for long periods of time. I'm comfortable wearing my Beyerdynamic DT990s (a little more expensive :p) for an hour or maybe two tops (then I have to take maybe a 5-10 minute break from them). And these are very comfortable headphones, moreso than most.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Well, really, if you buy into that gold plated garbage, you're asking for trouble anyway. Gold isn't going to be very useful unless your A/V setup is outside in a humid environment or something.[/QUOTE]

I've had better luck with gold plated items for some reason. Any time I got an aux cable without it they'd crap out in no time.

[quote name='Chlorox']I've had better luck with gold plated items for some reason. Any time I got an aux cable without it they'd crap out in no time.[/QUOTE]

Gold plating does not improve the signal itself, but the good thing about it is that it doesn't corrode. It can scratch easier than other coatings because gold is a relatively soft metal, making it ideal for wires that you do not constantly plug/unplug, or even in a relatively humid environment. Another thing you can do to prevent corrosion is use dielectric grease (the same stuff you use for light bulbs and spark plug wires in cars), which would be useful in some environments. Use just a little bit if you ever use it (though with spark plugs you can use a good amount).

I have a pair and love them.

The only nitpick for me was the cheap earcushion (and small ear hole in them) made these slightly more fatiguing than they would have otherwise been.

Someone at headfi.org posted these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016MF7W2 . These feel like butter on my ears and have a slightly larger ear hole. PERFECTION!

Could not be happier for a sub $50 investment.

[quote name='wynams']I have a pair and love them.

The only nitpick for me was the cheap earcushion (and small ear hole in them) made these slightly more fatiguing than they would have otherwise been.

Someone at headfi.org posted these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016MF7W2 . These feel like butter on my ears and have a slightly larger ear hole. PERFECTION!

Could not be happier for a sub $50 investment.[/QUOTE]

I only want to see how they sound like, the last budget cans I bought was the Panasonic HTF600 and I was disappointed. They were good but not as good as the hype claim them to be.

I'll probably pick up the 8320 along with the 8323 and try them out, if I don't like it I'll just give it to one of my cousin.
Don't want to spend too much since I just ordered a Hifiman HE-400

From the first link below is where I got the earcushion idea ... I did add some cotton backing while I had them apart. I may pick up a second set during the sale next week and tackle something along the lines of the 2nd link below.

These are definitely bass heavy out of the box. The light padding I did tightened up the sound quite nice, and I suspect that the mod link below would sound pretty amazing for $23 cans.

8323 review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/569239/monoprice-hi-fi-dj-style-headphone-review
8323 mod: http://www.head-fi.org/t/610542/mod-monoporice-8323

Not had a problem yet and made a bunch of orders there. Ever since they had their site compromised i use Paypal however. I also generally order 5-8 things at once and pay the extra 3$ and get USPS Priority mail option.

I've gotten a 360 VGA cable from them before which had this bad ghosting effect, but a PS2 component cable from them worked fine. I'll give them another shot today with a Component Splitter and their heavily promoted 4 Way System Component cables.

That gaming keyboard looks nice. I need a nice keyboard with USB/headphone jacks in it. But still, $60 seems like a lot since they're selling other keyboards for as low as $8.

bread's done
Back