$10 games at BB including Mana Khemia, Grimgrimoire+ more YMMV

Ski Hawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
145 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy, and they had a rack of $10 games. Ones that I remembered were Mana Khemia, Grimgrimoire, and Teenage Zombies, but there were a lot more. YMMV, but why not check it out?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check mine to see if I can find some. But I kind of doubt they will show up in a BB in Boston.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Just got back from Best Buy, and they had a rack of $10 games. Ones that I remembered were Mana Khemia, Grimgrimoire, and Teenage Zombies, but there were a lot more. YMMV, but why not check it out?[/QUOTE]

OP, when the games were scanned at checkout do you know if they scanned for $9.99 or did the cashier have to get a manager to override the price down to $9.99? This is very important :)

[quote name='foundation']Just got back. Picked up Mana and Grim Grimoire as well as Makai Kingdom which was $9.99.[/quote]

nice, I'm definitely stopping by tomorrow if they have those

I hope Georgia Best Buys have them

Hmm...I picked up Mana for $20 a few days ago. Have to go in tomorrow for an external hd anyway so may check for a price adjustment. Think I saw a few copies of Grim also last week but no price. Thanks fro the heads up OP.

I picked up the special edition of Mana Khemia with the soundtrack CD in the large box when I was out of town for $39.99 on Sunday. I assume the Mana Khemia the OP is referring to is the regular version that doesn't include all the other stuff with it.

All versions of Mana Khemia include the OST in them. To the person who asked, the games have a special sticker on them that indicate they are $10, and they are marked down manually at the register.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']All versions of Mana Khemia include the OST in them. To the person who asked, the games have a special sticker on them that indicate they are $10, and they are marked down manually at the register.[/QUOTE]

This statement right here means its YMMV. Thanks.

GrimGrimoire is not a RPG it's a RTS... awesome prices... if I didn't already own GrimGrimoire & Makai Kingdom... I'd buy them in an instant for $9.99! ;)

[quote name='Ski Hawk']All versions of Mana Khemia include the OST in them. [/QUOTE]
The copy I picked up did not include any extras. So unless that OST is actually on the game disc itself....

the original version is that boxed version, then they did a normal game disc version...the newer one I believe has a MSRP of 19.99

i can believe a bb still had makai kingdom. i havent seen these games around me since they were released. i will check today anyway.

The PSP port of Mana Khemia is coming out soon. I think they're adding stuff to it, so I figure I'll just pick that up.

Went to 2 Georgia Best Buys, the sale appears to be everywhere, but a definite YMMV

Cumberland Best Buy- complete crap, except for Jak X and GTA: Vice City

Kennesaw Best Buy- $10 Max Payne and Splinter Cell (Double Agent I think), the only good games, but none of the RPGs mentioned
This one also had a $15 bin with slightly better games

no go on any of the games listed for 9.99. they did have mana khemia for 20, but thats too much for now.

anyone other than op able to get the titles in the title for 9.99? also, could your provide a scan of your receipt?

[quote name='Animal7390']no go on any of the games listed for 9.99. they did have mana khemia for 20, but thats too much for now.

anyone other than op able to get the titles in the title for 9.99? also, could your provide a scan of your receipt?[/quote]
Sorry, don't have a scanner, and my digital camera can't get a clear enough shot of the receipt.

[quote name='donssword']Grim Grimoire may be a GH at this point -- I know Odin Sphere is.

If they are GH, they will be most everywhere now.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but there is no way Grim Grimoire is going to be a Greatest Hits title. I'm guessing it didn't sell nearly enough to qualify.

Gonna check the Best Buy in Rego Park, NY later today for Fable 2 (then FF 4 at Circuit City) & see if theres some Makai Kingdom + Grim Grimoire for myself.

Oh damn...just seeing this now. Hopefully one of the local Best Buys still has a copy of Grim Grimoire.

Many thanks for the heads up, Ski Hawk.

Checked the Best Buy in Rego Park, NY....only 360 games I'd be embarassed to get as a Christmas & Oblivion: Shivering Isles expansion & the only PS2 game on the rack was some awful sports sim.

They had Disgaea for 9.99 in the bin at my Best Buy today. Needed a manager's approval as always with the YMMV cheapos at Best Buy.

[quote name='Josef']I'm sorry but there is no way Grim Grimoire is going to be a Greatest Hits title. I'm guessing it didn't sell nearly enough to qualify.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. I figured at this point in the game, Sony threw the minimums out the window. That is why games like Killzone and Sly Cooper received GH releases.

[quote name='donssword']You're probably right. I figured at this point in the game, Sony threw the minimums out the window. That is why games like Killzone and Sly Cooper received GH releases.[/QUOTE]

Didn't those games actually sell a decent amount?

[quote name='Josef']Didn't those games actually sell a decent amount?[/QUOTE]

According to vgchartz.com, 750,000 for Killzone and 950,000 for Sly so both easily surpassed the 400,000 minimum.

oh snap i better check my BB.
I doubt they will have anything. They usually dont have shit for deals at mine, but thats living in cali for yah.

bread's done
Back