$10 off $50 / $20 off $100 Gaming Orders on Amazon with Bill Me Later

Master Shake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
[img-l=1]1696[/img-l]Use coupon code BMLGAMES to save $10 off a $50 gaming purchase and $20 off $100. Offer is good in other Amazon departments too. Find all the details (and other coupon codes) here. Works on pre-orders and systems. Ends August 31st.

Last edited by a moderator:
How were you able to pay the bill right away? The terms say that the bill will be mailed to you. Was it emailed?

Has anyone or does anyone know if this can work on a DS purchase?

I have bad credit so it might be rejecting me cuz of that. Or it is it Video GAMES no Video Games Systems.

The wording is kinda vague, seems like a DS for $130 would qualify for teh $20 off offer. " Video game products qualify for the offer "

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AH84M6E4M2BT2

Can some help or clear this up for me please.

thanks.

[quote name='Master Shake']I just tried and it works on a ds.[/quote]

Thanks for checking.:D

*sighz* :cry: my bad creditz

Can you try it on the limited pokemon DS system that is released on 8/17.

See if it still works, it is #13 on the best sellers list currently.

That is wat I wanted to pre-orderz.\

Thankz

[quote name='Plinko']Doesn't work with preorders, for those who are interested.[/quote]
Yes it does. I tried it with three different things. Make sure to use Bill Me Later and you may have to put in the code a second time.

sweet. just used it on that new pokemans DS even though I don't really like pokemans. But it's black and comes with a baggy so that's good.

Would this stack with the Atlus $5 off code if it lowers the price below $50?

And

If I bought, say, Disgaea 3 for $49.99 would the code work?

Just a note to folks concerned about their credit score, this does affect your credit rating, as it does a credit check and if they approve you, it opens a line of credit. Both of those factors can impact your credit.

[quote name='guinaevere']Just a note to folks concerned about their credit score, this does affect your credit rating, as it does a credit check and if they approve you, it opens a line of credit. Both of those factors can impact your credit.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I would treat this the same as any of those "apply for our credit card, save $10" schemes. (In other words, stay away.)

[quote name='Unassuming Local Guy']Yup. I would treat this the same as any of those "apply for our credit card, save $10" schemes. (In other words, stay away.)[/quote]This is just like any credit card... nothing wrong with it if you use it responsibly, i.e., pay your bill in full and on time.

To an extent, absolutely. And yes yes yes on paying bills full and on time!

But when you go to buy a house or a car or some other big purchase and they check your credit, having a ton of open lines of credit does affect your rating, and what will be the interest rate they offer you. Not trying to start a credit discussion, I just wanted to throw an FYI out there. There's a lot of young folks here who don't pay much attention to their credit ratings or know that such deals as this can impact them later in life.

[quote name='guinaevere']Just a note to folks concerned about their credit score, this does affect your credit rating, as it does a credit check and if they approve you, it opens a line of credit. Both of those factors can impact your credit.[/quote]

Oh, fuck this then.

Thanks a lot.

[quote name='guinaevere']To an extent, absolutely. And yes yes yes on paying bills full and on time!

But when you go to buy a house or a car or some other big purchase and they check your credit, having a ton of open lines of credit does affect your rating, and what will be the interest rate they offer you. Not trying to start a credit discussion, I just wanted to throw an FYI out there. There's a lot of young folks here who don't pay much attention to their credit ratings or know that such deals as this can impact them later in life.[/quote]Too true. I work in the industry so I know that used wisely and in moderation, credit is nothing to be scared of. But for some people with less experience it might be best to just stay away.

Yes, if you are young and do not have significant credit established please make sure you understand all the details of this offer and how it can impact your credit score if you do not pay on time. That said, this is a good opportunity to start a solid credit history if you are younger and just starting out using credit. Just make sure you pay off your entire bill before the due date. Also don't

That said, in for a Lancer bundle, Fable II & Too Human. The fact that this can be used multiple times is awesome.

[quote name='guinaevere']Just a note to folks concerned about their credit score, this does affect your credit rating, as it does a credit check and if they approve you, it opens a line of credit. Both of those factors can impact your credit.[/quote]

Thank you, I do not need another line of credit open just to save $10.. If I were to I'd rather just use the Amazon save $30 open a new credit card offer..

Here's a tip for those having trouble getting this to work. When you go to the "Select Payment Type" screen to select BML, don't enter the promo code on that screen. Just choose BML, enter the required info, and then click Continue to move on to the Order summary screen. On the Order Summary screen, enter the promo code in the blank on the right side of the screen. Worked like a charm. Used it to get the Pokemon DS Lite.

For some reason, whenever I entered the code on the Select Payment Type screen, I received a "This promotion cannot be applied to this order" message. So I just chose BML, clicked Continue, and entered the code on the Order Summary screen. Viola! It worked!

Give it a shot if you're having trouble.

Very cool deal. Canceled my original Gears 2/Lancer bundle and re-ordered using my bill me later account to save the extra $20. Thanks OP!

For those wondering about the bill me later service. I really think it is worth it as long as you pay it off as soon as you get the bill. The potential hit to your credit score is minimal, or likely nothing unless you have a weak score or have maxed out your other lines of credit already, and offers like this $10 or $20 savings while using bill me later pop up several times a year.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yes, if you are young and do not have significant credit established please make sure you understand all the details of this offer and how it can impact your credit score if you do not pay on time. That said, this is a good opportunity to start a solid credit history if you are younger and just starting out using credit. Just make sure you pay off your entire bill before the due date. Also don't

That said, in for a Lancer bundle, Fable II & Too Human. The fact that this can be used multiple times is awesome.[/quote]

How do you use this multiple times? It says limit of one usage per account. Unless you're using more than two Amazon accounts?

Picked up...

Luminous Arc 2 (39.99?!)
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest IV

total 119.97

Shipping by Prime 2 day

in Sept, Nov, and Dec.....

I wonder if they'll charge me now, or when it ships......

[quote name='Serpentor']How do you use this multiple times? It says limit of one usage per account. Unless you're using more than two Amazon accounts?[/quote]

No just my main account. I preordered Fable II and used the code at checkout. After that I put in my pre-order for Gears/Lancer and the code was already showing up when I went to the checkout screen, just hit update/apply button and the amount showing changed from the $10 (Fable II under $100) to $20 since the GoW bundle is over $100 and qualified for the higher discount. Completed that and Too Human rang up $10 off too.

Also for those worried about their credit, having one or two open lines that are current and never late actually imporve your credit score. It is much better to have open lines of credit that are paid off and always current as opposed to going to buy a house or car and never having any type of credit history. Just don't go overboard with 20+ credit cards and a spotty history of paying on time and your credit should be good. Also check your credit every year with the Free government credit report you can get here:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/

That is the free site you should use for credit reports.

It does seem to work on multiple orders, despite the fine print in the offer.

I've got a PSP sitting at the top of my recommendations list. If it pops into the Gold Box before the end of the month and I can get 5% off plus $20 off, I'll be very happy. :)

Glock, you must have been lucky on applying more than once... I think they fixed the loophole or something, i can't get it to work more than once :(

[quote name='Serpentor']Glock, you must have been lucky on applying more than once... I think they fixed the loophole or something, i can't get it to work more than once :([/quote]

Maybe you are right, I just tested it out again and it won't let me use the code again... :cry:

[quote name='guinaevere']Just a note to folks concerned about their credit score, this does affect your credit rating, as it does a credit check and if they approve you, it opens a line of credit. Both of those factors can impact your credit.[/QUOTE]

Oh? Good to know! Thanks Guin! Not worth opening ANOTHER line of credit for a measly 20 bucks. I'll hold off for a $50 + credit card, hehe.

It is weak sauce comparing to the $150 bonus when signing up the Sony card, but hell, $20 is better than nothing. To hell with credits, i got a house and car, no student loans...

I have a few questions about this. Sorry if they're a bit noobish, as I've never really had any credit before.

Say I use this promo once, pay the bill on time, never use Bill Pay again and keep the line of credit open. What happens? Do I still get charged a fee for leaving the line of credit open? Or does it just sit there, stealthily improving my credit score by virtue of staying open?

I opened a BML account for my iPhone in October, paid it in full in December, and never heard from them again.

Although I don't need it and have no business buying it, that DS does look sweet...I might just trade my GBA SP and burn some GS credit on it, though.

[quote name='crunchberries']I have a few questions about this. Sorry if they're a bit noobish, as I've never really had any credit before.

Say I use this promo once, pay the bill on time, never use Bill Pay again and keep the line of credit open. What happens? Do I still get charged a fee for leaving the line of credit open or does it just kind of sit there in limbo? Or does it just sit there, stealthily improving my credit score by virtue of staying open?[/quote]IME there's no fees or any other hassles associated with just leaving it active with a zero balance.

As for your credit, having an unused open line can help or harm you depending on other circumstances. For example, one factor in the FICO score calculation is the ratio of your total outstanding balance to your total credit limit. If you do carry a balance, closing a credit line will raise this ratio and might actually hurt your score. However, closing a line can help you if you have a lot of lines open and an excessive credit limit.

Bottom line is that FICO score isn't just a checklist of things you can either do correctly or incorrectly. There are pros and cons to most things you can do, and a lot depends on your personal circumstances.

Wikipedia reference

I just tried this for DVDs, had 2 orders for 35.99 and 14.99 (Black Lagoon series 1 v3 LE, Otoboku v2), so I canceled them both and tried to place the order again with the BMLDVDSI or BMLDVDS1, whichever it is - neither worked. Both DVDs were sold from Amazon, were preorders to be released on 8/16, but I got an error that the promo code could not be applied to my order. Why? My total was 50.98, and while I did have 45.60 in gift certificates to apply, the error occurred before I was able to apply them, so that shouldn't matter... I don't get it.

Edit: Maybe it's because I have Amazon Prime? I think you're automatically not eligible if you have it - that's stupid!

BML is an open account loan, but without the credit cards.

Fees like standard credit cards apply.

I've used mine off and on... it doesn't close but it really isn't a line of credit but it individually assigns a top value.

I tried to make an order for a video card, about $250 and it denied it at Newegg.

I think it acts like bank loan, since there is a bank behind it, HSC or Chase, can't remember... But it performs as a credit card repayment plan with fees and what have you.

I've always payed mine in full the first month they send me the bill... kinda nice that way...

But I wonder what will happen on the preorders.... if they will bill me now, or bill me later :lol:

I want to pre-order GH4 bundle for $189?
Have anyone tried the BML on this pre-order?
When will they bill me, this month or in October?

Thanks

[quote name='sickle']I want to pre-order GH4 bundle for $189?
Have anyone tried the BML on this pre-order?
When will they bill me, this month or in October?[/quote]I preordered Luminous Arc 2 and Eternal Poison. Amazon doesn't charge until the order ships; I can't imagine this would be different just because the payment method is Bill Me Later instead of a credit card. If anything shows up in my BML account prior to shipment, I'll post.

bread's done
Back