$10 off al games @ CompUSA*

thabizzle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I drove around town after work today, looking for some cheap ass games. I stopped in CompUSA and after browsing throgh all the games($39.99 is a clearance price to these guys), I find Guilty Gear X2 for $19.99. Satisfied with this interesting find, I went to the register to check out. The cashier told me that he would take $10 off the game if I signed up for three FREE months of AOL. He told me that I could call this number he gave me to cancel it when I got home. Pretty nice, huh?

Very nice, but I hear that you can have serious problems cancelling AOL. They will try to do anything to keep you using AOL.

[quote name='thabizzle']I drove around town after work today, looking for some cheap ass games. I stopped in CompUSA and after browsing throgh all the games($39.99 is a clearance price to these guys), I find Guilty Gear X2 for $19.99. Satisfied with this interesting find, I went to the register to check out. The cashier told me that he would take $10 off the game if I signed up for three FREE months of AOL. He told me that I could call this number he gave me to cancel it when I got home. Pretty nice, huh?[/quote]

did he tell you that to seal the deal.

he probably got a buck for you to fill that out or the one that gets the most sign ups wins a gift certificate

anyway good find

believe me, i knew he got commission for the trial. I used to work at Sears and we got $2 for every Sears Card app we turn in. The guy was just doin his job. I'm not too worried about the AOL thing, either. I've ordered stuff from infomercials before. Let em try all they want. Besides, I need a good laugh every now and then. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

[quote name='thabizzle']believe me, i knew he got commission for the trial. I used to work at Sears and we got $2 for every Sears Card app we turn in. The guy was just doin his job. I'm not too worried about the AOL thing, either. I've ordered stuff from infomercials before. Let em try all they want. Besides, I need a good laugh every now and then. Thanks for the feedback, guys.[/quote]

Those card applications (when turned down) count as a hit on someone's credit....which is bad if you do it too often. I don't care, but some people might want to take out a loan for a house or something like that...

[quote name='thabizzle']...($39.99 is a clearance price to these guys)...[/quote]

Worse, 39.99 is a clearance price on games with a $19.99 MSRP. I went to 2 CompUSAs today to try to find The Hobbit (Xbox) for $4.99. No luck, marked $29.99, rang up $19.99, and no ad in my region.

Yes, AOL is worst when you ask them cancel your account.

It does happenned to meeeh last month when i call in ask of the customer service to cancel my Account and he say everything is alright but this month they charge me $21.XX.

I have to call them again......but it does take forever to get some one so i end up goes to Customer Service LIVE Chat to get 1 of the customer serive to help me out. The gal is so nice & friendly she say everything is taking care and my account is completely cancel.

Then 2 weeks later i call them back again to double check my account is already cancel. I kinda "SHOCK" cuz my account still ALIVE.

Finally, I get the guy to cancel it for me and make sure 100% is accurate (I did ask his name and his aol username incase).

I did paid $21.XX for not used aol last month but not this month again !!

AOL is one of the worst companys I have ever dealt with. I too had a problem trying to unsubscribe from them and they charged me $21. Those Bastards! I dont understand why so many people are subscribed to AOL.

I wouldn't go for this deal...Its like shaking hands with the devil..

I use to have AOL for about a year. Called to cancel a few months ago. The guy gave me a hard time and basically wouldn't let me cancel. I have to be very forceful in my decision to cancel.

I posted this a while ago, but there was an article where thig guy's brother died and he tried to cancel his dead brothers subscription to aol and they would'nt let him cancel without major harrasment. They didn't even care that his bro was dead.

I would never be involved in a deal if it had AOL with it. I cancelled my subscription about a couple of years ago because I hated the service, and now I get AOL CDs in the mail about once a month asking me to "come back to AOL".

I have never had a prob with AOL, just be forceful. Don't waiver and take charge of the conversation. Don't let them get anything in edgewise and you'll be just fine.

Trying to cancel AOL is terrible. First off it takes like a half hour just to talk to somebody. Once you get to somebody it's even worse. Even if you are forceful and keep stating "Just cancel my account!" they will keep you on the line and keep asking you stupid crap forever. I was sooo pissed off that the person that I was practically yelling to just cancel my fucking account! I will never go through that again.

I have aol but since I have aol boradband its only like 10 bucks a month which is awesome. as for the speicific thing I would just fill it out with a fake everything to get the 10 bucks off

here we go once again, ppl getting sucked into the "trials" MSN is much better to cancel AOL will suck the life out of you before you can even find their cancelation number. and $10 off is not a good deal at all considering most online websites will give you a $20 gift card to BB or some electronic store for signing up the trial with them.

So, MSN have 3 FREE Months Unlimited Dial UP Promtion running right now then $10 per month after that if you wish to continue or cancel your account after the promtion is OVER!

Did anyone take advantage of this deal !!!

[quote name='punqsux']when u call to cancel the aol people are worse than jehovah witness'[/quote]

my dad told them to cancel his account for months and they never did.

He never checked his balance and they got a shitload of money out of him.

Aol is hell, took two months before they shut it off for us, my mom canceled the card we were paying with and they sent us a lteter asking for money. Evil people. Not worth $10.

Cancel AOL by snail mail. That's how I did it about a year ago. It's a much less stressful way to do it, seeing as how they can't really argue with your letter. The address is:

America Online
PO BOX 17100
Jacksonville, FL 32245-7100

Be sure to include your full name, address, phone number, a note saying that you are mailing them to cancel, and one of the following: AOL screen name, last four digits of the credit card that the account is on, or the answer to your acount security question. They should send you a cancelation confirmation within 6 weeks or so. Just be careful not to cancel too close to the end of your trial, since snail mail can take some time and I'm pretty sure they will not reverse charges based on postmark dates. You can find all of the details here: http://www.aol.com/support/index.adp?toc=billing&page=23

Good luck.

-Matt

If they won't cancel it, just call your Credit card company and tell them to either block all future AOL charges or have them issue you a new card #. When the going gets tough......

[quote name='punqsux']when u call to cancel the aol people are worse than jehovah witness'[/quote]

I dunno who was worse, cancelling my first aol account or dating my jehovah's witness ex. both were missions of patience and fuitility.

bread's done
Back