10% off ALL games at new gaming site - AllYourGame

AYG Nick

CAG Veteran
logo.png

What's up everybody? I recently opened up a new game store for core gamers. Today it is my pleasure to announce it to the CAG community. The company is called AllYourGame and the site is:
http://allyourga.me

Check out the website, join up in the forums, and most importantly - let me know what you think! I want to build something great for us gamers and your feedback is incredibly important.

To find out more about who we are and what we stand for, go to our About Us page:
http://allyourga.me/about

And as for the 10% discount, simply use the code 'cag10off' when purchasing.

Thanks guys, and don't forget to tell me your thoughts, good or bad!

[quote name='confoosious']Are belong to us?[/QUOTE]
I was going to say the same thing.

The site seems really well put together. Some of the prices do seem a bit high, even with the 10% off. Everybody has to make a profit though, I understand. I will peruse it for awhile and try to find something. Thanks for posting and good luck.

Edit: when I click on the forum it doesn't load. Do I have to be signed in to access it or something?

[quote name='confoosious']Are belong to us?[/QUOTE]Play off the meme "All your base"

[quote name='CAG10954']Thanks but wow your games are way overpriced.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Techman16']Reminds me of gamestop pricing... No offense[/QUOTE]
I won't try to fool anyone into thinking we have the lowest prices. For a small operation like ours, it's too difficult to undercut places like Amazon or eBay. Our goal is to offer the best customer service and a great community for gamers. I know that CAG is obviously price-focused, but I also believe there is value in a store for gamers by gamers.

My vision for the company is that it will stand for more than just selling games. I'd like to promote the growth of our hobby by sponsoring things like LAN tournaments, pro-gaming, indie games, the modding community, etc.

I want to avoid a price war where it's a race to the bottom - instead I want to focus on creating a company that gamers trust and believe in.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I was going to say the same thing.

The site seems really well put together. Some of the prices do seem a bit high, even with the 10% off. Everybody has to make a profit though, I understand. I will peruse it for awhile and try to find something. Thanks for posting and good luck.

Edit: when I click on the forum it doesn't load. Do I have to be signed in to access it or something?[/QUOTE]
Here's some more info on the meme:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/all-your-base-are-belong-to-us

As for the forum, I ran a security patch to vBulletin 4.1.2 immediately before posting this, and it seems it has crashed the forum, so I'm looking into that now.

Well, my first impression is that the web site looks nicely put together, but I just don't really like the name. Not a big fan of using country (I think) extensions to complete words for domain names. It just looks a bit unprofessional.

And the problem with using the meme is that since you're selling stuff, it just doesn't have that friendly tone that customers look for. I like the floating furry head though :p

All game prices are pretty much MSRP. Pass

I believe the majority of CAGs could care less about a "community" for a website that involves taking your money on overpriced items sir. These prices are almost an insult.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']Well, my first impression is that the web site looks nicely put together, but I just don't really like the name. Not a big fan of using country (I think) extensions to complete words for domain names. It just looks a bit unprofessional.

And the problem with using the meme is that since you're selling stuff, it just doesn't have that friendly tone that customers look for. I like the floating furry head though :p[/QUOTE]Thanks for your thoughts. I tried to get allyourgame.com, but unfortunately the guy who owns it doesn't respond to phone calls or emails and has it set to auto-renew. Hey, if del.icio.us can grow with a country extension, we can too!

[quote name='IronClaw']Good luck with your endeavor.[/QUOTE]Thank you :)

[quote name='poker360']All game prices are pretty much MSRP. Pass

I believe the majority of CAGs could care less about a "community" for a website that involves taking your money on overpriced items sir. These prices are almost an insult.[/QUOTE]Our prices are certainly set at MSRP, and I know that CAG isn't exactly the place to show off MSRP prices, but hopefully there are some of you who do believe in what we'd like to accomplish.

I certainly don't mean to insult anyone with our prices, but it's pretty much impossible for us to sell them at lower prices due to our limited infrastructure at the moment. Margins are super slim for new games, and even more so for the way we have our business currently set up. The discount I mentioned completely vaporizes any profits we make, but I don't mind because I believe in building a better game store and value your opinions.

nice site, but i dont see the benefits of shopping there vs. other large retailers that offer better prices. even if your prices were better by a dollar or two, i would still prefer to order from companies such as amazon because they have been one of the most reliable online retailers in my experience. i'm not saying i would never shop at this site, but you're going to have to offer something that others retailers dont in order to draw me (and other CAGers) away from them.

sorry, i dont mean to sound like a jerk, just wanted to give you my honest opinion.

[quote name='AYG Nick']Thanks for your thoughts. I tried to get allyourgame.com, but unfortunately the guy who owns it doesn't respond to phone calls or emails and has it set to auto-renew. Hey, if del.icio.us can grow with a country extension, we can too!

Thank you :)

Our prices are certainly set at MSRP, and I know that CAG isn't exactly the place to show off MSRP prices, but hopefully there are some of you who do believe in what we'd like to accomplish.

I certainly don't mean to insult anyone with our prices, but it's pretty much impossible for us to sell them at lower prices due to our limited infrastructure at the moment. Margins are super slim for new games, and even more so for the way we have our business currently set up. The discount I mentioned completely vaporizes any profits we make, but I don't mind because I believe in building a better game store and value your opinions.[/QUOTE]
I would hope you believe in what this site is called and what we are trying to accomplish. We are CHEAP ASS Gamers and we can't AFFORD MSRP because once again we are CHEAP ASS Gamers.

I think most of the people on CAG are the kind of gamers who have families, careers, school, other hobbies, etc that force us to be as frugal with our gaming dollars as humanly possible as opposed to teens/early undergrad students who have time to attend LAN parties and stuff like that.

You're best bet would be to throw out a better discount to CAG's to get them to have their first shopping experience on your site and hope that they do their must-have purchases/pre-orders with you, because as much of a CAG as I am, stuff like Skyrim, Deus Ex HE and Zelda are getting bought day one regardless of price. Those are the sales you want to get.

[quote name='CAG10954']I would hope you believe in what this site is called and what we are trying to accomplish. We are CHEAP ASS Gamers and we can't AFFORD MSRP because once again we are CHEAP ASS Gamers.[/QUOTE]

well MSRP with 10% off is still a deal. Anyways REAL cheapass gamers would just pirate stuff. we're just cheap ;)

Like others have said, it's a nice layout and very functional, but... With everything at MSRP there's just no reason to bother with it, especially since people already have credit built up at other places, etc.

Just an idea, but maybe you could try and specialize in a certain type of game, like out of print titles, hard-to-find imports, or something like that? Kind of like GameQuestDirect. If you can't compete on price, then you need to offer something beyond the same games that every other site is selling to entice people to switch from the sites they already know and trust. Just my $.02.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Like others have said, it's a nice layout and very functional, but... With everything at MSRP there's just no reason to bother with it, especially since people already have credit built up at other places, etc.

Just an idea, but maybe you could try and specialize in a certain type of game, like out of print titles, hard-to-find imports, or something like that? Kind of like GameQuestDirect. If you can't compete on price, then you need to offer something beyond the same games that every other site is selling to entice people to switch from the sites they already know and trust. Just my $.02.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not just that everything is MSRP, it's that it's above "street price" ... I just checked Your Shape Fitness and it was above what everyone else is selling it for.

You can't compete on service on new games. How much service do I need?

I agree with your suggestion on being a specialty store.

[quote name='hle078']nice site, but i dont see the benefits of shopping there vs. other large retailers that offer better prices. even if your prices were better by a dollar or two, i would still prefer to order from companies such as amazon because they have been one of the most reliable online retailers in my experience. i'm not saying i would never shop at this site, but you're going to have to offer something that others retailers dont in order to draw me (and other CAGers) away from them.

sorry, i dont mean to sound like a jerk, just wanted to give you my honest opinion.[/QUOTE]I see what you're saying. I figure that's one of the biggest hurdles I'll need to overcome - gaining customer's trust. One thing I can comment on is that our shipping speeds have been very fast thus far. In my experience, ordering from Amazon with the free shipping can take a week or more to receive the item. All of our orders have been at the customer's doorstep 2-3 days after placing the order.

[quote name='CAG10954']I would hope you believe in what this site is called and what we are trying to accomplish. We are CHEAP ASS Gamers and we can't AFFORD MSRP because once again we are CHEAP ASS Gamers.[/QUOTE]I do believe in that. I know you guys might not be my target audience since I don't have the cheapest prices, but even if nobody here buys, I still appreciate all the feedback.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I think most of the people on CAG are the kind of gamers who have families, careers, school, other hobbies, etc that force us to be as frugal with our gaming dollars as humanly possible as opposed to teens/early undergrad students who have time to attend LAN parties and stuff like that.

You're best bet would be to throw out a better discount to CAG's to get them to have their first shopping experience on your site and hope that they do their must-have purchases/pre-orders with you, because as much of a CAG as I am, stuff like Skyrim, Deus Ex HE and Zelda are getting bought day one regardless of price. Those are the sales you want to get.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the suggestions. I can do 10% discounts on pre-orders of those games. As of now, the website isn't set up to handle pre-orders, but if you email me at [email protected], I can put those in for you. I'll be setting up the pre-order system in the near future.

[quote name='henrylin22']well MSRP with 10% off is still a deal. Anyways REAL cheapass gamers would just pirate stuff. we're just cheap ;)[/QUOTE]10% off never hurt anyone :D

There are actually plenty of people who will pay MSRP. Most people do. There are also lots of people who will pay for good service and community. These people do not come to CAG, SlickDeals, etc. Deal sites attract a very specific type of gamer - the one who is price-sensitive above all else. You will find very few people on these sites who are loyal to a particular business - and by loyal I don't mean you shop there often, I mean you buy there to support the business even when the price is higher than you can get elsewhere. AYG Nick, your idea is a fine one, but your marketing efforts are just misdirected. A site like this can certainly take off, but marketing towards cheapasses is not going to work. You need to find MSRP customers who want the bells and whistles that you intend to offer. They're out there, they're just not on this site.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Like others have said, it's a nice layout and very functional, but... With everything at MSRP there's just no reason to bother with it, especially since people already have credit built up at other places, etc.

Just an idea, but maybe you could try and specialize in a certain type of game, like out of print titles, hard-to-find imports, or something like that? Kind of like GameQuestDirect. If you can't compete on price, then you need to offer something beyond the same games that every other site is selling to entice people to switch from the sites they already know and trust. Just my $.02.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, finding rare titles is not an area I know much about personally.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, it's not just that everything is MSRP, it's that it's above "street price" ... I just checked Your Shape Fitness and it was above what everyone else is selling it for.

You can't compete on service on new games. How much service do I need?

I agree with your suggestion on being a specialty store.[/QUOTE]GameStop currently has it on sale, but Best Buy and Target are selling it for the exact same price. Either way, if I opened a game store attempting to compete with Amazon and Walmart on price, I'll just get stomped out of the market. Companies like Zappos build billion dollar business based on customer service despite having higher prices. There's certainly room in the market for someone who cares personally about the products they sell and the people they sell them to.

I like the look of the site and wish you good luck but I'm just not interested in anything you're selling at those prices because I'm a CAG. Still though, I appreciate your vision and what you are trying to accomplish. Unlike some people in this thread, I'm not going to be a dick and lambaste you because the prices are too high for my taste. I understand you are running a business and the goal is to make a profit. If you offer some sort of preorder in store credit ala amazon I would strongly consider buying from you.

Maybe you could do contests or giveaways to set your site apart? Like, every purchase enters you in a drawing to win tickets to E3 or something.

[quote name='illennium']there are actually plenty of people who will pay msrp. Most people do. There are also lots of people who will pay for good service and community. These people do not come to cag, slickdeals, etc. Deal sites attract a very specific type of gamer - the one who is price-sensitive above all else. You will find very few people on these sites who are loyal to a particular business - and by loyal i don't mean you shop there often, i mean you buy there to support the business even when the price is higher than you can get elsewhere. Ayg nick, your idea is a fine one, but your marketing efforts are just misdirected. A site like this can certainly take off, but marketing towards cheapasses is not going to work. You need to find msrp customers who want the bells and whistles that you intend to offer. They're out there, they're just not on this site.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='AYG Nick']

GameStop currently has it on sale, but Best Buy and Target are selling it for the exact same price. Either way, if I opened a game store attempting to compete with Amazon and Walmart on price, I'll just get stomped out of the market. Companies like Zappos build billion dollar business based on customer service despite having higher prices. There's certainly room in the market for someone who cares personally about the products they sell and the people they sell them to.[/QUOTE]

There certainly is. But you have zero reputation or branding. Why would anyone buy an MSRP game from you when even with 10% off, Amazon with a proven track record is about the same or less?

You need to establish your brand by offering a few games at a loss. Because someone who bought from you before might be more willing to buy from you again for MSRP if you establish a relationship with them. Find a game where nobody is offering any deals on (Catherine maybe?) and sell that at cost or below. You might find some buyers that way. Then maybe those people will appreciate your excellent service and buy again.

That being said, those people don't live on CAG. You're barking up the wrong tree here.

[quote name='illennium']There are actually plenty of people who will pay MSRP. Most people do. There are also lots of people who will pay for good service and community. These people do not come to CAG, SlickDeals, etc. Deal sites attract a very specific type of gamer - the one who is price-sensitive above all else. You will find very few people on these sites who are loyal to a particular business - and by loyal I don't mean you shop there often, I mean you buy there to support the business even when the price is higher than you can get elsewhere. AYG Nick, your idea is a fine one, but your marketing efforts are just misdirected. A site like this can certainly take off, but marketing towards cheapasses is not going to work. You need to find MSRP customers who want the bells and whistles that you intend to offer. They're out there, they're just not on this site.[/QUOTE]Thank you - I think you understand exactly what I'm aiming for :)

[quote name='DarkSora09']I like the look of the site and wish you good luck but I'm just not interested in anything you're selling at those prices because I'm a CAG. Still though, I appreciate your vision and what you are trying to accomplish. Unlike some people in this thread, I'm not going to be a dick and lambaste you because the prices are too high for my taste. I understand you are running a business and the goal is to make a profit. If you offer some sort of preorder in store credit ala amazon I would strongly consider buying from you.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the kind words. Pre-order credit is something I'll look into.

I respect the CAG community and completely understand why my site may not be for you. Everyone has given some great feedback and I appreciate all of it. I have to step away from the computer for a little while, but I'll be back on a bit later to respond some more :)

I know there isn't much of a markup on games, but there has to be a better distrubitor out there that can get you better prices. The local mom and pop gets theirs from a distributor and they typically run 5 bucks less than gamestop so I know it's possible. Maybe you need to look into a different distributor or branch off into other stuff also that has a higher markup Ie, Tabletop gaming (magic the gathering, dungeons and dragons), Dvd/blu-ray, used Etc. Games just don't have a big enough mark up to make it really as a new store, you have to build up to give the discounts which brings the people in.

And you could always go the type of model that gamestop or best buy are using.

Trade in 2 or even 3 games from a list and get a free new release game. You can then turn around and sell those 3 for 25 or 30 each or something like that and make your money that way. People would be more willing to buy if they can trade in some of their games to knock down the price a bit I imagine.

Actually I believe his first goal should be to have people to sign up to the site. Once people cross over to being a member, there is a much higher chance of buying. 10% off is not a bad, but I do agree that we the worse audience to choose. Still any exposure is better than none. I will look into it once in a while and hopefully find something to buy. The URL is probably my biggest gripe, really need to get that .com to build more trust. By default I don't think any site that is not .gov, .com, or .org. allyourgame.com would be the most ideal choice obviously.

[quote name='poker360']All game prices are pretty much MSRP. Pass

I believe the majority of CAGs could care less about a "community" for a website that involves taking your money on overpriced items sir. These prices are almost an insult.[/QUOTE]

Some prices are actually above MSRP. $40 for Pokemon Black or Dragon Quest VI?

Haha yeah. OP, have you ever seen the show "Shark Tank" ??

They would eat you up and spit you out if you presented this "idea" of a website to them.

Yeah i do realize i'm coming off as a little asshole, but quite frankly, i don't care. You're advertising a website for game deals when your actually more expensive than most sites.

You say your site will fail if you have cheap prices, i will tell you for a fact it will fail the way it is now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking website. Like most others here, I'm just too cheap for your prices. I'd love to see your website be successful though, so I wish you luck.

Like tons of other people have said, good looking site/layout, but you're at the worst possible place to advertise this. I get what you're trying to do, which is just get more traffic into your site in hopes of bringing in more sales, but CAG thrives on deals. 10% off MSRP is barely a deal, and like others have said, there are a LOT of games on your site above MSRP. I doubt you've looked around to notice, but a lot of threads in the Deals forum here on CAG will show 10% off coupon threads, or Preorders now available threads, and they immediately get 1-starred and shot down by the community.

You say that your website will fail if it tries to compete directly with websites, but I don't see how you can fail going that route. KmartGamer has pretty much transformed the way CAG, SlickDeals, and all deal websites have shopped around for games. One week they'll have a relatively new release for $39.99 instead of $59.99, other weeks it'll be brand new releases for 60, but with a 15$ gaming coupon, B1G1 50% off select titles, etc.

I'm not trying to sound hateful, but there's not really anyone here who wants to pay MSRP/Above MSRP for videogames. So I get it...you just want more traffic to your site. Good luck.

Good luck. If you're not offering something "niche" like in this market, you'll die like the rest. A great community or LAN focus etc. Is no excuse to draw in even the uninformed who pay full retail. If I dont know there's deals like most cags and I'm just Joe Blow, I'm shopping at big box retailers who I trust. If I'm informed, I don't pay full price. Hell, a portion of these folks don't even connect their consoles just to save money.

I won't just say you're in the wrong place, I don't think you'll last a year without a reward system, cutting prices, or something that makes you different then everyone else. Take a price cutting stance, find capital to support you first year, offer a loyalty program then slowly get to a point where profits begin.

[quote name='dmdragon']I know there isn't much of a markup on games, but there has to be a better distrubitor out there that can get you better prices. The local mom and pop gets theirs from a distributor and they typically run 5 bucks less than gamestop so I know it's possible. Maybe you need to look into a different distributor or branch off into other stuff also that has a higher markup Ie, Tabletop gaming (magic the gathering, dungeons and dragons), Dvd/blu-ray, used Etc. Games just don't have a big enough mark up to make it really as a new store, you have to build up to give the discounts which brings the people in.

And you could always go the type of model that gamestop or best buy are using.

Trade in 2 or even 3 games from a list and get a free new release game. You can then turn around and sell those 3 for 25 or 30 each or something like that and make your money that way. People would be more willing to buy if they can trade in some of their games to knock down the price a bit I imagine.[/QUOTE]Used games is something I plan on growing into in the future, however it's something that would require some time and capital to build the infrastructure.

[quote name='illennium']Pre-order credit may be a great idea. People here tend to double-count that shit like crazy. :lol:[/QUOTE]It's definitely something worth looking into.

[quote name='xRemnant']Actually I believe his first goal should be to have people to sign up to the site. Once people cross over to being a member, there is a much higher chance of buying. 10% off is not a bad, but I do agree that we the worse audience to choose. Still any exposure is better than none. I will look into it once in a while and hopefully find something to buy. The URL is probably my biggest gripe, really need to get that .com to build more trust. By default I don't think any site that is not .gov, .com, or .org. allyourgame.com would be the most ideal choice obviously.[/QUOTE]That's actually something I'd really like to. I want to build the forums up substantially so that I have people coming to the site regardless of whether or not they are buying. As for the URL, I'm trying my best - the owner simply won't respond and won't let go of it.

[quote name='Cantatus']Some prices are actually above MSRP. $40 for Pokemon Black or Dragon Quest VI?[/QUOTE]Right now my prices are derived from the data my distributor gives me. In those specific cases, it seems like they're incorrect. It's something that I'll look into getting corrected.

[quote name='Cahk']Great looking website. Like most others here, I'm just too cheap for your prices. I'd love to see your website be successful though, so I wish you luck.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the kind words :)

[quote name='SativaSam']Like tons of other people have said, good looking site/layout, but you're at the worst possible place to advertise this. I get what you're trying to do, which is just get more traffic into your site in hopes of bringing in more sales, but CAG thrives on deals. 10% off MSRP is barely a deal, and like others have said, there are a LOT of games on your site above MSRP. I doubt you've looked around to notice, but a lot of threads in the Deals forum here on CAG will show 10% off coupon threads, or Preorders now available threads, and they immediately get 1-starred and shot down by the community.

You say that your website will fail if it tries to compete directly with websites, but I don't see how you can fail going that route. KmartGamer has pretty much transformed the way CAG, SlickDeals, and all deal websites have shopped around for games. One week they'll have a relatively new release for $39.99 instead of $59.99, other weeks it'll be brand new releases for 60, but with a 15$ gaming coupon, B1G1 50% off select titles, etc.

I'm not trying to sound hateful, but there's not really anyone here who wants to pay MSRP/Above MSRP for videogames. So I get it...you just want more traffic to your site. Good luck.[/QUOTE]My thoughts on presenting the site on here was for feedback and also to get the name out there. You're right in that I don't expect anyone here to buy from me because CAG isn't necessarily my target market. All the responses (good or bad) have been very helpful though, so I'm glad I came here.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Good luck. If you're not offering something "niche" like in this market, you'll die like the rest. A great community or LAN focus etc. Is no excuse to draw in even the uninformed who pay full retail. If I dont know there's deals like most cags and I'm just Joe Blow, I'm shopping at big box retailers who I trust. If I'm informed, I don't pay full price. Hell, a portion of these folks don't even connect their consoles just to save money.

I won't just say you're in the wrong place, I don't think you'll last a year without a reward system, cutting prices, or something that makes you different then everyone else. Take a price cutting stance, find capital to support you first year, offer a loyalty program then slowly get to a point where profits begin.[/QUOTE]I appreciate the suggestions - a loyalty program is definitely something I'd like to look into. Building a great community may not be seen as a valuable asset to people not within that community, however it's important to those that are indeed a part of it. Price isn't the only way to offer value, and there are a lot of people who will pay a bit more to support a company they like.

10% is not that huge when other sites are offering $10 giftcards on preorders. I'd buy from you if you broke street dates, lol.

Yeah but advertising to those people to cost money...advertising to us is evidently free. Good luck with your new business man, I certainly wont put down a fellow gamer...but I also wont even click in to check out your site unless I hear the prices have dropped. Just business of course.

[quote name='illennium']There are actually plenty of people who will pay MSRP. Most people do. There are also lots of people who will pay for good service and community. These people do not come to CAG, SlickDeals, etc. Deal sites attract a very specific type of gamer - the one who is price-sensitive above all else. You will find very few people on these sites who are loyal to a particular business - and by loyal I don't mean you shop there often, I mean you buy there to support the business even when the price is higher than you can get elsewhere. AYG Nick, your idea is a fine one, but your marketing efforts are just misdirected. A site like this can certainly take off, but marketing towards cheapasses is not going to work. You need to find MSRP customers who want the bells and whistles that you intend to offer. They're out there, they're just not on this site.[/QUOTE]

Best of luck with your site and business. Like others have said, you are posting non-cheap games to a Cheap Ass Gamer website, haha. That doesn't mean you'll fail - you have huge balls to do something like this in today's market. You'll just have to carve out your own niche.

bread's done
Back