10% off Amazon (and other) GiftCards at TRU 12/2~12/8

I know its a regional deal, and belongs elsewhere.... just in case there are some TX CAGs in this thread.... HEB Grocery store has $300 in gift cards for $250 right now. This includes Amazon, Best Buy, etc.

[quote name='crupp']I know its a regional deal, and belongs elsewhere.... just in case there are some TX CAGs in this thread.... HEB Grocery store has $300 in gift cards for $250 right now. This includes Amazon, Best Buy, etc.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? that is awesome. Can we separate, pick and choose?

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Seriously? that is awesome. Can we separate, pick and choose?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. They also have PSN cards, XBOX live and point cards.... and to my surprise, 3DS/Wii U eShop cards.

[quote name='crupp']I know its a regional deal, and belongs elsewhere.... just in case there are some TX CAGs in this thread.... HEB Grocery store has $300 in gift cards for $250 right now. This includes Amazon, Best Buy, etc.[/QUOTE]

Omg El HEB. I havnt seen one of those since i was in the Army man.

[quote name='Vigilante']Dang it, if only I could use my $20 Groupon on one of those Amazon GCs...:\[/QUOTE]

TRU groupon isn't supposed to work on any gift cards.

[quote name='DANIEL']correct me if Im wrong but they dont charge tax on gift cards, right? right?[/QUOTE] I'm fairly sure they don't. At least when I've bought Kindle gc at BestBuy (for the Amex promo) they never charged me tax. That suggests to me that my state (CA) does not require sales tax collection on giftcards.

So if I buy the kindle amazon gift card I can use it for anything on Amazon? Like if I wanted some blank DVDs shipped to me or if I wanted a few MP3s?

[quote name='stupidproz1']So if I buy the kindle amazon gift card I can use it for anything on Amazon? Like if I wanted some blank DVDs shipped to me or if I wanted a few MP3s?[/QUOTE]

yes. anything that amazon sells. I have purchased movies, video games, motor oil & oil filters for the car with it

[quote name='stupidproz1']So if I buy the kindle amazon gift card I can use it for anything on Amazon? Like if I wanted some blank DVDs shipped to me or if I wanted a few MP3s?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's just like a regular Amazon gift card. Good for purchases on items on the whole site.

[quote name='DANIEL']yes. anything that amazon sells. I have purchased movies, video games, motor oil & oil filters for the car with it[/QUOTE]
I remember you can just charge the code into your account and throw away the physical card right?

[quote name='TooPoor']I remember you can just charge the code into your account and throw away the physical card right?[/QUOTE] yup. I have a few hundred dollars worth stock up on my account right now from all the Amex-BB promos

Hmm .. PM at Target for $125 worth of Amazon gift cards for $112.50. Use AMEX to pay for another $50 off. Total of $125 worth of gift cards for $62.50?

[quote name='chuckywang']Hmm .. PM at Target for $125 worth of Amazon gift cards for $112.50. Use AMEX to pay for another $50 off. Total of $125 worth of gift cards for $62.50?[/QUOTE]

Details about the AmEx extra $50 off?

[quote name='chuckywang']Hmm .. PM at Target for $125 worth of Amazon gift cards for $112.50. Use AMEX to pay for another $50 off. Total of $125 worth of gift cards for $62.50?[/QUOTE]
amex for $50 off? can you elaborate. I know of the best buy/halo promo but never heard of a target one

shame that all the TRU's around my area pulled the kindle GC's off their shelves a couple months back... hopefully they restocked or something x_x

[quote name='ken9']shame that all the TRU's around my area pulled the kindle GC's off their shelves a couple months back... hopefully they restocked or something x_x[/QUOTE]

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. But i'll check another TRU to be sure.

Plus you get an extra 5% back if you have toys r us rewards. I may have to get some ps3 and amazon GCs. Been waiting to get the Unfinished Swan, and I always shop on amazon.

Thank you so much for the heads up on this (thanks to the OP also), I had no idea. Pulled up the local ad and it's $5 of $50, $15 off $100, and $50 off $300 giftcards. Definitely going to take advantage of HEB's deal on this.

Wonder if this will work on PSN and XBL. Most times when TRU has % sales on video game "accessories" they claim that points cards are "gift cards". Let's see what they say this time.

[quote name='ken9']shame that all the TRU's around my area pulled the kindle GC's off their shelves a couple months back... hopefully they restocked or something x_x[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if you can check stock online or why some TRU no longer have amazon gift cards? I used to buy discount TRU gift cards and do a direct exchange for amazon but they haven't had those cards in months. The employees seemed clueless as to why they had none, told me they must be out of stock but can't be true.

[quote name='jamezuva']amex for $50 off? can you elaborate. I know of the best buy/halo promo but never heard of a target one[/QUOTE]

Yeah, obviously he mixed up BBY with Target, and also the color blue with red...

Trust me, I'm on top of the Amex deals - from Costco, to BBY, to Halo4 to California Pizza Kitchen -- and there is no Target deal he speaks of...

As far as I've seen, Target doesn't sell Amazon gift cards anymore. At least not in the South Florida region.

[quote name='crupp']Yes you can. They also have PSN cards, XBOX live and point cards.... and to my surprise, 3DS/Wii U eShop cards.[/QUOTE]

You are my hero, thank you for this!

Anyone know if a Target Redcard gets you 5% off PSN, etc cards?

Your Amex plan fails to consider Amex cards have a $4-8 activation fee that is usually a separate sku from the GC itself.

10% doesn't seem like much if you're paying 6% sales tax on them AND getting stuck with 6% sales tax on Amazon itself now.

[quote name='Viper187']10% doesn't seem like much if you're paying 6% sales tax on them AND getting stuck with 6% sales tax on Amazon itself now.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't be charged sales taxed on the gift cards.

Well if they have BB GC that's basically the same thing. Though it is kind of a pain to go to 2 physical stores to chase this down into Amazon GC.

[quote name='burger96']Well if they have BB GC that's basically the same thing. Though it is kind of a pain to go to 2 physical stores to chase this down into Amazon GC.[/QUOTE]

wait does this mean you or others have gotten Best Buy GCs at TRU?

I'm gonna try to PM at BestBuy

Kind of an oddball question but would Toys R Us gift cards be eligible for 10% off? And if so could you use the TRU gift cards to then buy other gift cards?

I'm going to guess NO and NO but thought I'd ask

[quote name='GBAstar']Kind of an oddball question but would Toys R Us gift cards be eligible for 10% off? And if so could you use the TRU gift cards to then buy other gift cards?

I'm going to guess NO and NO but thought I'd ask[/QUOTE]

My question is kind of similar. I have one of those $20 promo gift cards from buying halo. Does anyone know if I can use that to buy an amazon kindle card? There really isn't anything I wanna buy from tru now

It's past midnight eastern, has anyone had any luck finding these and if so, did they let you buy them all? Does this promo also include PSN and DS store cards?

its in my flier. If your having trouble finding it is on the same page as the disney dvds and blu rays in the bottom right corner

I just got back from the TRU by me. They didn't have dick for gift cards and the lady there said she thought only the ones pictured got the 10% off (and I don't think they had any of the decent ones pictured, much less decent ones in general)

My local TRU doesn't have Amazon cards. I first checked after I got $80 in GC for $40 back in February from the Google Offer, thinking I could pick up some Amazon cards, but nope. Checked but every couple months since then, and finally spent my $80 in GC last night on some other stuff and one restaurant gift card. Still no Amazon cards there.

bread's done
Back