10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sinned47']they need unique codes already. this just keeps happening.[/QUOTE]

Yep. This is why i prebought a ton of stuff last month, I figured I could cancel at any point, and I get the lowest price it drops to at any point at amazon. So at least all my new stuff I want is all set and discounted (Like mass effect 2, Splinter Cell, etc). Of course it sucks now when daily deals pop up. I doubt it will be fixed over the holiday weekend, so I hope there aren't any amazing amazon 4th of july sales

I was so close to buying some games in 2 consecutive days and they had to have the codes expired without knowing it :bomb:

Was wondering if it was just me with expired codes, but it seems like I'm not alone there.

Just about to pick up Red Faction too. That's $5 I'd like to save. Hopefully this is resolved by like... tomorrow..

I like how both Americans and Canadians can join, but these codes only work on games at Amazon.com which doesn't ship games to Canada =/ Where are my Amazon.ca codes!

[quote name='Hal Halpin']Hey Marc,

If I'm understanding correctly, the batch was set to expire at the end of June - hence the good but invalid status. The Amazon guys are working on a new batch with much longer expiration times so as to avoid the problem going forward. Based on how quickly they addressed the code turn around previously, I'd guess Monday/Tuesday.

If you really can't wait to make the purchase and want to use a discount, there are some other compelling offers from retail partners that you could take advantage of - the most recent of which is Buy.com. But if you're not in a rush and want to wait, then yes, likely early this coming week.

Hope that helps. And have a great 4th!

-Hal. [/QUOTE]

conveniently quoted so lazy people like myself don't need to actually visit ECA forums ;-)
Hopefully they can get this sorted out before my quick picks cycle out so I can snag Mass Effect 2, but there's enough time before release that I'm not super worried.

side note- when did buy.com become a partner? $5 off $75 isn't phenomenal, but I may find a use for it sometime.

[quote name='blue ocarina']side note- when did buy.com become a partner? $5 off $75 isn't phenomenal, but I may find a use for it sometime.[/QUOTE]
Within the past month. Agreed, not a great deal, but could come in handy once in a while.

[quote name='ohboy10451']need a code, PM ME[/QUOTE]

Are you asking or offering? The codes aren't working anyways.

Need this codes to work so I can order Left 4 Dead 2, its at 54.99 without the EA discount, good price overall if the codes worked.

*Keeps waiting*

This cost me Fire Emblem on Thursday and Mario Baseball today.

I know, I know - I could have went ahead and bought them, but I am a true CAG.

Everyone loses when they botch the codes.

[quote name='jaybird']This cost me Fire Emblem on Thursday and Mario Baseball today.

I know, I know - I could have went ahead and bought them, but I am a true CAG.

Everyone loses when they botch the codes.[/QUOTE]

I passed on both of those games for the same reason... I wouldn't worry about it thought, there will be other deals.

[quote name='sinned47']this cost me a devil survivor gold box discount :[[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was on my Gold box yesterday.

[quote name='Vinny']I passed on both of those games for the same reason... I wouldn't worry about it thought, there will be other deals.[/QUOTE]

Same here. We've gone weeks with no tempting DOTD to me and now they all pop up.

[quote name='goomba478']I ordered nearly $500 worth of games this week. It would have been nice to have ECA for sure. I really hope they get this fixed soon :([/QUOTE]

Why didn't you just wait if you were spending so much on games?

hope they resolve this so0on. BTW, is there a thread on CAG where you can post what you get in your gold box? would really like to know what othere people get in their gold boxes as well.

So, can some one kindly inform Cheapy that the codes do not work so that he will stop mentioning it in the show? It makes me cry a little each time I hear him speak about the great ECA discount....that doesn't work.

Here's my theory.

Amazon.com agreed to give the ECA X number of coupons per month. Once those run out, the ECA just says 'oops the codes aren't working right now'. To sound more enticing, the ECA says a 'benefit is 10% off amazon.com game purchases' instead of the real 'X number of 10% off amazon.com game coupons per month for users'.

I'm so fucking pissed at this. I have missed the opportunity to use codes 3 times. I thought by saving some codes, my problems would be over, but NO, now those fucking codes don't work.

CheapyD, please stop endorsing the ECA Amazon discount on the cagcast, it is unreliable as hell.

[quote name='n64ra']Here's my theory.

Amazon.com agreed to give the ECA X number of coupons per month. Once those run out, the ECA just says 'oops the codes aren't working right now'. To sound more enticing, the ECA says a 'benefit is 10% off amazon.com game purchases' instead of the real 'X number of 10% off amazon.com game coupons per month for users'.[/QUOTE]
Except for the time when they just plain ran out due to the sheer number of uses. Since its for your membership year, there are more people using them now than when they were first available. Your theory is plausible, but I suspect low on the rankings of ECA theorygate.

[quote name='Traitorious']Except for the time when they just plain ran out due to the sheer number of uses. Since its for your membership year, there are more people using them now than when they were first available. Your theory is plausible, but I suspect low on the rankings of ECA theorygate.[/QUOTE]

How about the fact that they ended on June 30th and it's expired, kinda thinking that they were working out a deal to have 1 code with infinity uses?

There is probably a huge hurdle to tie ECA account to your amazon account, make sure the ones that are donating for a year, and get the discount, doesn't "sell" the code.

Probably why Amazon isn't too much of a hurry to give everyone this discount.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Well I for one hope it gets fixed soon. I've missed several things that I would have picked up with the extra 10%.

Amazon's loss I guess.[/QUOTE]

Heh... not me. My Goldbox has been absolute GARBAGE lately. Seriously, I'm getting all these CDs and books, which are completely unrelated to anything I've looked at (I only use Amazon to buy games, I don't even search for anything not gaming related). I don't have a single gaming item on there today and when I do get the rare instance with game in there, it's always same 4-5 things (which I'm not interested in).

Pretty shitty, but at least we have a new date to look forward to?

With as many problems as we've had, this is still an amazing discount. Especially for those with Prime (like myself).

[quote name='Legendbyname']Pretty shitty, but at least we have a new date to look forward to?

With as many problems as we've had, this is still an amazing discount. Especially for those with Prime (like myself).[/QUOTE]

This^

I have already saved a ton of money so a few weeks of downtime over a span of a few months is nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Legendbyname']Pretty shitty, but at least we have a new date to look forward to?

With as many problems as we've had, this is still an amazing discount. Especially for those with Prime (like myself).[/QUOTE]
I'm glad its worked out for you. I've tried to use the ECA discount 4 times, been denied 3. So far I've seen $3 back on my $20.

Yeah, I had Halo Reach in my gold box the other day and then Wii Sports Resort today. I never get games I want in my gold box and when I finally do these don't work.

[quote name='jacknicklson']This^

I have already saved a ton of money so a few weeks of downtime over a span of a few months is nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I already saved about ~$45 with this but it's really annoying when you get used to an expected discount but then it randomly dies.

I love the 10% off, but I don't like those missed opportunities. Oh well, at least I save some money in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back