$10 off any game over 29.99 at Best Buy from RED magazine

Darwin23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was at best buy yesterday and they have these "Red" magazine laying around for free. It was their premiere issue, its a magazine for ATI graphic cards. Anyways, in the back of the magazine are coupons for $10 off any game over 29.99 along with other coupons for ATI products. It doesnt specify whether you can use it for PC games or console games---so i asked the cashier if i can use it for PS2 games, and he said yes.

check your local bestbuy for RED magazine. I found it in the video game section.

Hmmm.. I'm gonna look for one tomorrow so I can get Rainbow Six: Lockdown for $19.99! :D I get some more money tomorrow from my relatives. Sweet.

Where were these mags in the store? By the registers or just spread throughout the store?

I only ask because I just bought We

coupn valid 9/10/05-10/15/05

i was at the porter ranch, ca store and they have a separate register for the video game section. It was by the register.

[quote name='Megalith']Hmm...does anyone have any good suggestions on $29.99 games at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

NInja Gaiden Black!

Thanx OP, I'll check this out. I've been wanting Brothers in Arms for less than $25 for a loooooooong long time now, so I might just have to do this.

sweet.... the we love katamari came out already? i loved the first one to death :D ingenious crazy game ideas rock :applause:

They just have them laying around Best Buy? Where were they, computer section, video games...? I guess this means we can just walk in, grab a magazine, and use the coupon? thats pretty sweet, maybe i'll go get xmen legends II now

Just got back from BB with my copy of Indigo Prophecy (Xbox). Looked for a "RED magazine" when I was there but couldn't find one. I don't think they exist over here where I am. This is probably YMMV as another poster said.

I just went to the BB on 8 Mile and Haggerty in MI, but they didn't have any sitting out by the computer games or console games. I was dissapointed. :( But it wasn't a wasted trip because I got a free demo of BF2: MC for PS2. :D I'm going to look tomorrow and see if they have any at the BB in Westland. I really want Lockdown for $19.99. :D

I had the same problem.

What's worse is that I somehow offended the cashier for asking for one. Apparently it's a crime to want to save money.

NO WE DON'T HAVE ANY GAWD

Damn... and I went by my best biy yesterday, and it is temporarily closed... damn... would love Ninja Gaiden Black or Katamari for 19.99

Wondering if it might be Hurricane damage they might have been unaware of before or something...

I went yesterday and found some sitting next to one of the computers. But when I tried to use it to get ninja gaiden black, it wouldn't automatically take off $10 in the computer. When the cashier took the coupon to ask her manager, they said it only works for PC games since it's an ATI coupon. On a side note, I was able to have the nearby CompUSA price match the coupon and got Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Limited Edition (XBox) for $20.

[quote name='redgopher']Anyone know if this works on PC games too? I need Myst V Limited Edition.[/QUOTE]
I'd say if anything it's for PC games and not console games. (Though they do have an article inside about Xbox360)

I snuck a copy from the register in the computer area once the employee there was done with their customer. (Actually it was sitting by the monitor, then when I'd returned they'd disappeared. I look around a bit and noticed they'd ended up on the floor somehow.)

The coupon didn't work automatically when i tried to buy Katamari, but when the manager came to override, she joked about the game not being over $29.99. (I didn't notice until I took off the plastic, but seems the game has no sign of ever having a security seal. Am I the only one?)

I want to get another coupon for Pump It Up Exceed, but I'd forgotten about NG Black. Since I already have the original release, I might just wait until preowned price drops below $20 for Black.

[quote name='dafunkk12'](I didn't notice until I took off the plastic, but seems the game has no sign of ever having a security seal. Am I the only one?)
[/QUOTE]

My Katamari (new from EB) didn't have a security seal at the top either.

[quote name='schultzed']My Katamari (new from EB) didn't have a security seal at the top either.[/QUOTE]

The Security Seal at the top of PS2 games has been recently discontinued. You wont find them on any new games anymore.

[quote name='Quackzilla']WE LOVE KATAMARI! [/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I thought of when I read the thread title. :D

I'm going to check my local BB's this week. Here's hoping!

[quote name='paintballers']So it doesn't work on XBOX games?[/QUOTE] I think it's YMMV at this point. Some stores will hassle you and tell you "PC games only" or you could probably slide at other stores. That is, if you can find the coupon.

where exactly are they? i went to look today and i couldnt find them...are they at the cashiers computer? or are they in the computer section or waht....can someone scan the cover and back of the magazine?

thanks

These books were at the Service Desk. The clerk had to key in the price and do some extra form thing. No hassle for me, and I also used the $5 Gift Card Coupon on the same game.

I did notice that the computer reads the coupon as "10$ OFF PC GAMES", so this is YMMV if it works on console games.

So, Ultimate Spiderman for GC, $35.

[quote name='Nephilim']These books were at the Service Desk. The clerk had to key in the price and do some extra form thing. No hassle for me, and I also used the $5 Gift Card Coupon on the same game.

I did notice that the computer reads the coupon as "10$ OFF PC GAMES", so this is YMMV if it works on console games.

So, Ultimate Spiderman for GC, $35.[/QUOTE]

AND they let you use the GGC???!! that's definitely YMMV, since the GGC says taht it can't be combined with any other coupons...

so the service desk is where you return stuff, etc., correct?

I tried using the coupon on NG Black, but since it didn't scan automatically, the CSR brought over a manager. She looked at the coupon and said it was for OVER $29.99 only. She thought the coupon was misleading and tried to adjust the game price to 30.00, but it still didn't work.

End of story: I just used the $5 GCC instead. =(

Thanks OP, I just used this on Advance Wars DS today. The workers in the computer section even told me to take a few copies of the magazine. (It was in a stack next to their "Try High Speed Internet" computers.)

That said, it's definately YMMV. When I tried using it, the computer didn't put through the discount and labeled it as "PC Game Coupon" something or other. Luckily my cashier either was nice or didn't notice and got a key holder to come punch the discount through.

Nothing on the coupon itself says that it is for PC games. The coupon reads, "Save $10 Any Game Over $29.99", but it is with a bunch of graphics card coupons and under a heading that says "Experience more from your PC with ATI Graphics and Best Buy" so I would suppose it's assumed. It may be worth a shot since if you clip the coupon out it very clearly says "Any Game", but it's all gonna depend on who you get at the register.

EDIT: Minimus, the computer didn't reject it because of that technicality, at least I don't think. I took a video game up there that was $34.99 and it still didn't get put through without the CSR's password and such.

anyone know what the expiration date is on this? If it lasts through the end of Oct., I will have to grab a couple (Fear and Serious Sam II instantly come to mind as games to get, maybe Quake 4 as well)

[quote name='Darwin23']coupn valid 9/10/05-10/15/05

i was at the porter ranch, ca store and they have a separate register for the video game section. It was by the register.[/QUOTE] .

I'll grab tons of magz then use it wisely or share it with my friends ;)

1. Ninja Gaiden Black :)
2. Advance Wars: DS
3. Conker: Lived & Reloaded

hm........got to check my games list!! :)

Sept. 27 - Oct. 15, 2005
Trace Memory (DS)
Lost in Blue (DS)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS)
Real Time Conflict: Shogun Empires (DS)

PS2 games
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition
Romancing Saga
Devil Kings

I'm definitely gonna check for some of these at my BB, so I can get RB6: Lockdown (PS2) for $19.99....mmm.. a game that game out less than 3 weeks ago for 60% offfff... I love it! :D I might get Radiata Stories or Battalion Wars using this coupon as well. :D

I tried to use the coupon for RS Lockdown and the employee pointed out that it is for games "over $29.99" not "$29.99 and over" so no go. Guess it depends on the individual cashier.

If they try to pull shit like that on me... I'm going to buy a pack of gum! :D Or I'll wait until the cashier rings it up and totals it, then it'll be over $30 and then I'll hand them the coupon! :D

[quote name='aoLat']If they try to pull shit like that on me... I'm going to buy a pack of gum! :D Or I'll wait until the cashier rings it up and totals it, then it'll be over $30 and then I'll hand them the coupon! :D[/QUOTE]

Though the price of the game will still be 29.99.

That's a pretty shitty technicality for a coupon.

bread's done
Back