$10 off coupon for EBgames.com

Bzzzzzt!

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
Greetings.

I heard about a link that appears on the order reciept page after you order something from EBgames.com, so I decided to investigate. I ordered something cheap (in case something went wrong), and on the order reciept page, there is a small silver link to a way you can save $10 on your next order at EBgames. I clicked the link and while I was waiting for that page to load, I cancelled the EBgames order I just placed because I just wanted the link anyway. The offer involves a company (ReservationRewards) where if you sign up for the free trial of their site, they'll give you a coupon good for $10 off an EBgames purchase. You simply enter an email address (I used one of my secondary ones to avoid spammage), and then you get another page with the EBgames coupon code on it. That's it. I placed an EBgames order using the code, and I then quickly called up the company at:

1-888-688-5995

and canceled my membership. They were very polite and it all went very quickly with no problems. Estimated time put into the offer: ~3 minutes.

It's sort of freevideogames.com like, but it's not bad.

[quote name='Gage33']Do you have the link that it gave you after your purchase?[/quote]

The link they give you is unique to your EBgames.com purchase (they transfer your creditcard and other information over), so you'll have to place an order to get it.

i did this too (posted it on fatwallet last week) and it's pretty cool. the customer service was nice about it and there was no pressure to stay onboard. and what's funny is i ordered some more stuff and applied for it again and i now have 2 $10 codes. they're not stackable and cannot be applied with any other coupons though... but it's still cool. i ordered a few things off of my friends CC too (with their permission of course, lol) and now i have a bunch of (basically) free controllers heading my way.

oh yea, if you want to do it through multiple peoples credit cards (so they know that you're not doing it EVERYTIME), then just write one e-mail stating that you want to cancel b/c you're never going to use it (blah blah blah) and copy/paste it into all your friends e-mails. tada, you're set. easy to do for a free ten bucks!

You don't even have to call the Company, there is a link of the website you signed up for and you can cancel by clicking the link, it took about 30 seconds :)

I WOULD NOT sign up for this, this company is a major rip off. They have this similar deal with other websites and a lot of people have been hit with charges 2, 3 times after cancelling. they are listed on Rip-off Report.com and a ton of other sites for thier scams. I don't think the headache is worth the $10. here take a look:

http://www.lurid.org/compare/archives/000227.html

[quote name='chris916']I WOULD NOT sign up for this, this company is a major rip off. They have this similar deal with other websites and a lot of people have been hit with charges 2, 3 times after cancelling. they are listed on Rip-off Report.com and a ton of other sites for thier scams. I don't think the headache is worth the $10. here take a look:

http://www.lurid.org/compare/archives/000227.html[/quote]

This is reservation rewards. the same company as Entertainment. Ya know those books that kids sell?

i know exactly who they are, and i've seen these posts before, then like2 months later the threads turn into 10 pages of people saying how they got ripped off. it's just a warning, you don't have to follow it.

[quote name='chris916']I WOULD NOT sign up for this, this company is a major rip off. They have this similar deal with other websites and a lot of people have been hit with charges 2, 3 times after cancelling. they are listed on Rip-off Report.com and a ton of other sites for thier scams. I don't think the headache is worth the $10. here take a look:

Yeah, same reason I chose not to sign up. The potential headache isn't worth $10

First off, this is related to EB. I very seriously doubt EB would get a shady business partner. Plus, they actually have a name brand - Entertainment. Show me a site that says Entertainment scams people.

Heck. I didn't know about the reputation this company had - sort of scary. So I called the customer support again and had them check to see if I would be billed for anything and got them to verify that I had not been billed and would not be billed in the future - I had them give me a very definite answer. I also asked them to remove all of my information from their database and they seemed to comply. Hopefully that will fix anything that could go wrong.

ok, i've just read the comments from the link, but imho, those people did not read everything correctly. if you read their comments, almost all of them say that they signed up for the $10, but then they complain that they didn't know about the monthly charge! what's odd is they're also complaining that they did not give reservationrewards their cc number, BUT IT EXPLICITLY SAYS THAT RESERVATION REWARDS WILL TAKE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION STRAIGHT FROM THE COMPANY YOU'RE ORDERING FROM. Therefore, it seems to me that they filled out their e-mail addy and got the $10 dollars (it's as easy as that) and they never knew that their info was automatically transferred to reservation rewards from the original company that they made their purchases from... which tells me that they didn't really read all the fine print.

i can understand being mad about the charges made after you cancelled though... that's a whole 'nother story, hehe. i used them several times so i better watch out. i'll call them a few more times just to make sure i'm cancelled. :)

[quote name='TonyC']You don't even have to call the Company, there is a link of the website you signed up for and you can cancel by clicking the link, it took about 30 seconds :)[/quote]

Can someone post a link to this cancellation site? It seems like a good deal, but I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of calling and recalling if they don't recieve my cancellation. Thanks!

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII'][quote name='TonyC']You don't even have to call the Company, there is a link of the website you signed up for and you can cancel by clicking the link, it took about 30 seconds :)[/quote]

Can someone post a link to this cancellation site? It seems like a good deal, but I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of calling and recalling if they don't recieve my cancellation. Thanks![/quote]

Sorry, you can only access the website by signing in after you have signed up for the program, then you go to "account" I believe and hit the cancel button....

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i did this too (posted it on fatwallet last week) and it's pretty cool. the customer service was nice about it and there was no pressure to stay onboard. and what's funny is i ordered some more stuff and applied for it again and i now have 2 $10 codes. they're not stackable and cannot be applied with any other coupons though... but it's still cool. i ordered a few things off of my friends CC too (with their permission of course, lol) and now i have a bunch of (basically) free controllers heading my way.[/quote]

Just wondering here, but how would you be getting free controllers? I'm assuming a controller would be around $30 and the coupon isn't stackable. Unless I'm missing something.

Do you have to pay anything when you sign up for the trial period? Or do you get a certain amount of time to "test" it out for free before you cancel?

I tried to do this, but got nervous when I didn't get the email message in 20 minutes and cancelled the subscription..
I hope this don't come back to haunt me later on...

I have to admit that I was very skeptical at first, and I am still skeptical of most of these sign up for savings offers. However, I signed up and now I have a $10 and I canceled my subscription to that site.

To cancel just go to the FAQ page/ general questions / how to cancel order

Then it will link you to a page that takes you through the cancelation process and you should get an email a few seconds after cancelling with your cancelation number, etc so you have proof you cancelled so they can't charge you.

Now I can get Unreal Tournament 2004 for $10!!!

$40 - $20 gift voucher - $10 voucher = Cheap game

[quote name='rocky76']I tried to do this, but got nervous when I didn't get the email message in 20 minutes and cancelled the subscription..
I hope this don't come back to haunt me later on...[/quote]

you might want to call them just in case. every time i've done it, i've received an e-mail withing minutes. they're very polite and they don't pressure you at all. :lol:

ok. I figured out what I didn't get the discount code in the first place.. I had the pop-up blocker and it was blocking the welcome window that had the discount code..

they don't send you the code by email... so disable pop-up blocker if you have one to see the discount.

[quote name='Scrubking']To cancel just go to the FAQ page/ general questions / how to cancel order

Then it will link you to a page that takes you through the cancelation process and you should get an email a few seconds after cancelling with your cancelation number, etc so you have proof you cancelled so they can't charge you.[/quote]

Hmm, I thought the only way to cancel your membership, was to call them on the phone? Wow, cancelling through their web site is even easier... :D

After getting and using the first coupon and canceling the membership has anyone ever tried doing the same thing for another coupon?

bread's done
Back