10% off GameStop,Eb Games E-mail Coupon

Leek

Banned
Just got it. Don't wanna print right now, so I'ma use it later. I wanna help out in the community, so here it is:

gscouponhg2.png
e

Just print it, and show it.

has anyone picked up bioshock using the coupon today?

my situation is this : yesterday i traded some games in towards the preorder of bioshock. just the regular edition. so now i owe like 10 bucks. im just wondering if i would still be able to use this coupon when i go to pick up the game later today, since i only owe 10 bucks. thanks. btw ive read the entire post. but im not sure if im in the same boat as anyone else.

you should be able to use the coupon on bioshock, as the game itself is not rung up until you pick up and they apply your preorder payment(s) as credits toweard it, so the coupon would work.

Just got back from GS and successfully used the coupon on my Bioshock preorder. I didn't have any issues at all, so hopefully this works for the rest of you. Thanks OP

[quote name='bobbyblane']Just got back from GS and successfully used the coupon on my Bioshock preorder. I didn't have any issues at all, so hopefully this works for the rest of you. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
Same here. Thanks again OP.

I printed out the email I got personally and used it on my Bioshock LE preorder. It worked fine, the manager was standing by when the other CSR rang me up. He reminded the dude to keep the coupon.

[quote name='Caliburn']Now I need to decide if I'm cheap enough to return/rebuy Chulip to regain $1.50...[/quote]

:lol: i just got Chulip for $13.45 including tax...

A sincere thank you for this coupon, i had a preorder of the regular version, so I was ready to pay the rest of the preorder when I picked it up today. However I saw your coupon, and was like well if I could use this the differerence between the two would only be 3 dollars. So I decided to pick up the one extra special edition they had. The Pewter figurine is awesome, It will have to sit on my office desk. =) I cant wait to get home and play the game!

I had the same thing mentioned by RacinReaver. I went to get my Bioshock collectors today. He tried to enter the code but it didn't take. Luckily the District manager was there and okayed it. The cashier mentioned he had never seen the coupon before, but I live in a small town so thats to be expected.

After leaving the story I had the 7.00 credit listed as Promotion Not Found.

I also got the strategy guide which has the 20% discount when bought with the game, and I got another 10% off of that which was nice. Made the guide $14.39 instead of the normal $19.99.

Yeah, I was surprised the guy said he hadn't seen a coupon like it before, especially since I'm currently in Pittsburgh and was at the Squirrel Hill location which I figured would be getting decent enough traffic. They probably would have said no at the Oakland one because I didn't preorder Madden 08.

[quote name='christof']I also got the strategy guide which has the 20% discount when bought with the game, and I got another 10% off of that which was nice. Made the guide $14.39 instead of the normal $19.99.[/quote]

Does that apply to ALL game + guide purchases? The guys didn't give me 20% my Persona 3 guide. I don't know if he was supposed to.

Tried to use on Bioshock LE pre-order and failed. Clerk entered it in and then said it was used games only. I argued for awhile and gave up.

GS at Bailey's Crossroads is usually one of the better locations.

I used it at my local Gamestop today, receipt said promo #2815...got the Bioshock LE minus $7.00...tomorrow I'll use it on Jeanne D'Arc

Mine also said 'promo #2815', every time I've used it (3-4 times; can't remember). I've used it mostly on used games and accessories, but used it on at least one new item (a Wii classic controller). This is a pretty handy deal when stacked with edge. Planning to use it when I pick up MP3 on Tuesday too.

I used mine on my Bio Shock Pre-Order making it at least Stomach-able. saw RE4 used on teh Wii i wanted to grab but im broke for now. And i completley forgot to check for Wavebirds.

pissed as all %&$*, just went to buy some games (phoenix wright, persona 3, animal crossing ds) from my local eb. was all excited with my coupon and the edge card I just opened up thinking I'd get a really good deal. THe guy takes the coupon and says "Ok, well you will save $10 today on your purchase?" My bill was 100 and change, so math didn't add up and he said that the coupon was for $10 dollars off, not 10% and that he threw away the coupon so there was no way to check it out. :roll:

I really had to get to class so I left in a hurry. Once I get outta class go back to my car to check out the receipt. Not only did he not give me the deal I was supposed to get, but he didn't even give me the ten dollars off that he had stated, instead only taking 2 dollars off my phoenix wright game. :bomb: Should I go back tomorrow and talk with a manager and see if I can get it fixed or just not bother and return the games?

I used it yesterday for a used hd-dvd drive (stacked w/ Edge) and to pickup my Bioshock CE. I was going to use it today when I picked up Jeanne D'Arc, but I forgot to print one out before I left. Thought about going back, but didn't figure it was worth the hassle for just $3 (I know, not very CAG-like of me).

I'll use it again next week tho when I pickup Wild ARMs 5. ;)

[quote name='EmpyreanKnight']pissed as all %&$*, just went to buy some games (phoenix wright, persona 3, animal crossing ds) from my local eb. was all excited with my coupon and the edge card I just opened up thinking I'd get a really good deal. THe guy takes the coupon and says "Ok, well you will save $10 today on your purchase?" My bill was 100 and change, so math didn't add up and he said that the coupon was for $10 dollars off, not 10% and that he threw away the coupon so there was no way to check it out. :roll:

I really had to get to class so I left in a hurry. Once I get outta class go back to my car to check out the receipt. Not only did he not give me the deal I was supposed to get, but he didn't even give me the ten dollars off that he had stated, instead only taking 2 dollars off my phoenix wright game. :bomb: Should I go back tomorrow and talk with a manager and see if I can get it fixed or just not bother and return the games?[/QUOTE]

Um... 10% of $100 is $10. Now, if he took $2 off of Phoenix Wright, and, say, $4 off of each of the other two games, you did get your 10% off.

2+4+4=10=100*.1

So, how much did you pay? About $90, give or take for tax and the "change" since it went slightly over $100 even?

Of course, I don't know if any of those games were used, so that might be a factor, too.

Used mine today to pick up my GS only copy of Jeanne d'Arc...will use again to pick up Metroid on the 26th, and one other game...but which one..hmmm, I don't know.

I tried it yesterday when I picked up my copy of Bioshock (which was preordered). The clerk told me it only works on used games. I argued but he insisted it was only for used games.

I hate their damn gutted copies.I went to buy Persona 3 and he went to the shelf so I stayed quiet to see what he was going to do and I just checked what time it was and he was gone!A couple minutes later,he came with a sealed copy of Persona 3.I check the side and theres the game but no artbook or cd,only the "box" with a cd slip case.He was selling me it for $50.I said fuck that!

[quote name='snakelda']I hate their damn gutted copies.I went to buy Persona 3 and he went to the shelf so I stayed quiet to see what he was going to do and I just checked what time it was and he was gone!A couple minutes later,he came with a sealed copy of Persona 3.I check the side and theres the game but no artbook or cd,only the "box" with a cd slip case.He was selling me it for $50.I said fuck that![/quote]

wow...that's really lame. Good thing you checked before purchasing

they 'let me slide' with just a print out of the coupon but said next time i'd need the whole email. did something come through the gs email tree about this yet?

I managed to print out three copies of this coupon, but the coupon was so blurry the cashier didn't believe it was valid. So she called the manager and he approved it.

Next time, though, I'm going to bring complete email printouts just in case.

Anyway, I snagged brand new and sealed (!) copies of Persona 3 and Fatal Fury Battle Archives! Not gutted ones, looks like the manager hadn't really bothered to gut any at the store. Unfortunately, FFBA was $20 instead of the $15 MSRP, but I don't care, I couldn't find that damn game anywhere.

[quote name='vafongulo']I tried it yesterday when I picked up my copy of Bioshock (which was preordered). The clerk told me it only works on used games. I argued but he insisted it was only for used games.[/QUOTE]

Print out the whole email instead of just the coupon. That way you can just point to the exclusion list.

And get your preorder cash back, then go buy Bioshock at any of the places where it is $50 :)

Well I used this coupon today. I bought a new PS3, SixAxis, Component Cables, and 4 used games. I didn't have an edge subscription so I had them add that on. They inputted the coupon. Which of course didn't take anything off the hardware. But what was strange was it discounted the games like it was supposed to and the EDGE membership.

They thought they did it wrong and redid it, and it still discounted EDGE.

So they asked if it was ok to ring the hardware up seperately (thinking that was the issue). So they run up the hardware no problem.

Rung up the 4 games and edge and bam, took 10% off it. So I ended up getting 10% off a 1 year edge membership.

[quote name='Leek']I'm going to expirement with this after August, if this is automatically sent to all new members, then we could ALWAYS HAVE 10% off forever! :D[/quote]That would be spiffy. I doubt they're gonna give that coupon every month to new subscribers, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

[quote name='vafongulo']I tried it yesterday when I picked up my copy of Bioshock (which was preordered). The clerk told me it only works on used games. I argued but he insisted it was only for used games.[/quote]Right. It says, "YOUR NEXT PURCHASE" That's when you ask the guy where it states USED on the coupon. If he still refuses, print up the entire email, take it to the manager within a day or two and tell him about the employee who refused your coupon.

If the manager doesn't comply, I'd call GS Customer Service standing right in the middle of the store. You don't have to be obnoxious about it, just tell them you printed up an email from GS which says it's a coupon for "10% off your next purchase" and is this how you welcome all new subscribers, by not giving them the discount?

I bought a game a day earlier and forgot to us ecoupon. I went to another store the next day. I gave the girl the receipt and explained that I would like it adjusted. She said u need the games, I said I had them. Then she said you can't use it on used games. I asked why are you saying that without even looking at tthe coupon. It does not say that. Then she says she can't stack it with edge card. I said your store and all others in the neighborhood do. So I said I'll leave and call u from another store when they do it. I went the 2nd store in the same mall. I asked the guy to help, he took the receipt, I asked him if needed the games which I had in my bag he said no, and he adjusted it for me and refunded me 6.00 in about 5 mins. The other girl also stated she was a manager.

I just unsubscribed and resubscribed. If I get the e-mail I'll post it on here. @#%$ gamestop, if we signed up to get e-mails about deals we expect to get them all.

Woot! I leave CAG for a couple of days, thanks to ShadowSpike(I live the Pokemon Crystal you sent me :p) and this is still one the first page. I'm really glad that this helped over 100 people! Anyways, to the new posters/veiwers, try looking at the last 120ish posts, they could answer your questions VERY easily. It sounds that some stores are being snobby about the deal, and other are passive about it. So look around, and I'll just have to wait for another email in september...
-Leek

Question

Sorry if its been answered, I don't feel like reading through 10 pages.

Have you guys been able to use the coupon when you pick up pre-orders that have been fully paid, or close to fully paid? I know a lot of people used it when they picked up Bioshock, but no one mentioned how much they originally put down?

I have Metroid Prime paid for in full, so I'm wondering if they would give me a hassle if I came in trying to use the coupon, resulting in them physically giving me $5.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Question

Sorry if its been answered, I don't feel like reading through 10 pages.

Have you guys been able to use the coupon when you pick up pre-orders that have been fully paid, or close to fully paid? I know a lot of people used it when they picked up Bioshock, but no one mentioned how much they originally put down?

I have Metroid Prime paid for in full, so I'm wondering if they would give me a hassle if I came in trying to use the coupon, resulting in them physically giving me $5.[/QUOTE]
Well, if they dont want to physically give you $5 back. You can just return and rebuy it using the coupon. I plan on picking up Metroid 3 on Tuesday from TRU since they have a 15% off coupon, which is an extra $2.50 off

bread's done
Back