$10 Off GameStop Online Purchase Code for Entering UFC Undisputed 2010 Sweepstakes

Lord Humongous

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
I entered the UFC Undisputed 2010 Sweepstakes yesterday and today received an email with a one-time-use $10 off any GS online order code.

https://www.gamestopufc2010.com/

The disclaimer states it can't be combined with any other offers...but I know this is sometimes not the case with GS.com. Haven't tried any combos myself...

Disclaimer:
*Enter coupon code where prompted and click activate. Coupon valid for one time use only. Offer valid online only. Offer excludes consoles, hardware, pre-release limited/collector's editions and gift cards. May not be combined with other offers. Coupon expires on 10/1/2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mightymek']I think it can be either. I have just ordered, so I didn't get my code yet, but earlier it had the used price of Assassin's Creed 2 PS3 on the sale page, and the new price of the 360 version. Then the new 360 sold out and the used PS3 sold out, now they have the new version of PS3 and used 360 prices on the page...kinda confusing...[/QUOTE]

so youv ordered used?

[quote name='Jimbo1']For people using Saver, isn't the shipping free if the product costs more than $25 before discount? SSF4 is $30 new, so regardless if you use the $10 coupon or not, the shipping should be free right? So why are you using Saver? Did they change the free shipping policy or something?[/QUOTE]

You are correct. People think it stacks with Saver, but it really doesn't. Any order over $25 (before coupon codes) earns free shipping. If your total is below that, Saver will not stack.

Trust me. I keep trying to get glory of Heracles with free shipping & using one of my codes (for a total of $2.99) but it won't go through. It keeps trying to charge me for shipping, even though it looks like the codes stack.

got my code, glad it's working now. think i'll hold on to mine until there's a decent deal on Alan Wake, RDR, UFC 10 or another newish game since it doesn't expire til October 1

[quote name='MoonSpoon']Dammit how long is it taking for you to get codes? Did You accept GS newsletter?

Help me out[/QUOTE]

Took about 3 days for me.

And for anyone wondering how to get the code, just click OP's link: https://www.gamestopufc2010.com/

Click "Learn More" under the first box that says "4 chances to win," then fill out the pop-up form.

Edit: Wow. The codes actually work now. Wish I had gotten more.

Entered the contest and I will be waiting for my e-mail. Does anyone know if it stacks with the edge card discount for members?

I got sent a $10 off code too. Now I just have to see if I can somehow convince them to let me stack two of these bitches(one from a RDR online pre-order)AND use the long dead TRANSFORM overnight shipping code for Transformers: War For Cybertron.

If so, then I'll gladly grab that game for essentially $40 SHIPPED for when it comes out late next month.

[quote name='AXV1']It took three days for me to get the code.
I did accept the Newsletter.[/QUOTE]
same here, maybe even four days....can't remember

So I have my preorder in store, but if I preorder online it'd be cheaper, I'm wondering if the midnight release event might be worth paying full price... I'm thinking no, but what do you guys think?

[quote name='dominator']So I have my preorder in store, but if I preorder online it'd be cheaper, I'm wondering if the midnight release event might be worth paying full price... I'm thinking no, but what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what game you're talking about, but generally no, midnight releases are not worth it. Unless it's a game you absolutely cannot wait to get. Midnight releases are basically just standing around all night until midnight hits and they can sell you the game.

I was going to use it on Saint's Row 2, but I actaully found it cheaper than that elsewhere. I guess I will wait for another price drop on either Fallout Game of the Year or Uncharted 2. Even with 10 off they are just too high a price point for me to buy in. At least I have until October to wait it out.

i wouldnt use it on just cause 2 unless u r buying used b/c u can get it cheaper at best buy with gamers reward zone there is 20 dollar off coupon u can print off their website

Does anyone know if you can "stack" this coupon with one of those $10 codes GameStop gives you when you pre-order a specific game, etc.? I'd try it myself but I haven't gotten my $10 back from Red Dead Redemption yet. Also, kind of funny, this code actually messed up my order because before I planned to add a $10 code, 20pre, the UFC code + a little store credit and get No More Heroes 2 for about $2. Now if I don't buy a game that comes with a $10 code it's not really that much of a deal... and I'm not so sure I want any of those games on sale.

Hopefully I can use that $10 UFC code and the $10 code in conjunction, that way I can get Wario/NMH2 for $16, and get another $10 code.

Wait, what? :lol:

[quote name='rainking187']I'm not sure what game you're talking about, but generally no, midnight releases are not worth it. Unless it's a game you absolutely cannot wait to get. Midnight releases are basically just standing around all night until midnight hits and they can sell you the game.[/QUOTE]

That's what happened at Splinter Cell, but the managers kept telling me how great their midnight launch of UFC was going to be this year so I decided to preorder. In which case, I may just order either off Amazon or Gamestop online.

Finally got my code. Took over a week to get the e-mail. I got Assassin's Creed II (again). Not sure if anyone has tried this, but will I still get the $10 code as part of their promotion for getting this game?

I concted GS about two orders I made and my two $10 codes. The orders used the $20 off $80 and they still applied the $10 on each, kinda. They are sending me two $10 gift cards instead since the orders are already being shipped out so they can't change the price just yet.

I signed up with some more emails in the hopes I get some more codes.

When I enter the code it gives me 10% off instead of 10$ off.
The E-Mail says 10$ off not %.
Anyone know whats up?

It seems the batch of codes sent out today only do 10% off. I would call Gamestop CS and ask them wtf is going on. The email(s) say it is for $10 off and at first they were just free shipping and now they are 10%. I've called GS and other CS numbers way too much today, someone else do this :p.

so i registered again last night using the gmail trick, and got 3 new codes today, but so far they seem to only do 10% off. will wait to see if it gets fixed since it was messed up yesterday too.

Same here, got a couple more codes and they are only yielding me 10% off, even though the one I used two days ago gave me $10 off...wtf Gamestop.

[quote name='slidecage']Dont belive what gamestop tells you.. i was told 10 bucks would be taken off my total IT WAS NOT Charged the entire amount today[/QUOTE]

Did a -$10 show in your cart/order process? If it was call them and complain. If not you can still call and explain to them that you used a code for $10 off and it was not applied. Also, if it did not show a -$10 during the checkout process then it's your fault for placing the order knowing what the final charge would be and then being upset (again, if it showed -$10 and then you were still charged the full amount then I understand your frustration).

Why are people so quick to hate companies when they choose to do no work on their part? I have done countless dealing with GameStop and Amazon recently and everything has worked smoothly or close to it and just required a few short phone calls on my part.

Remember kiddos, cheap=/=lazy.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Did a -$10 show in your cart/order process? If it was call them and complain. If not you can still call and explain to them that you used a code for $10 off and it was not applied. Also, if it did not show a -$10 during the checkout process then it's your fault for placing the order knowing what the final charge would be and then being upset (again, if it showed -$10 and then you were still charged the full amount then I understand your frustration).

Why are people so quick to hate companies when they choose to do no work on their part? I have done countless dealing with GameStop and Amazon recently and everything has worked smoothly or close to it and just required a few short phone calls on my part.

Remember kiddos, cheap=/=lazy.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but this isn't the kind of thing that should require anyone to do any work. The coupon should work period. Having to make multiple phone calls as you described is a waste of time and money.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sorry, but this isn't the kind of thing that should require anyone to do any work. The coupon should work period. Having to make multiple phone calls as you described is a waste of time and money.[/QUOTE]

Never once did I say I made multiple phone calls for this. I made one phone call and they issues me two $10 gift cards. Companies are run by people just like you and I. People (including me) are no where near perfect, so companies aren't perfect and sometimes there are glitches.

That is why sometimes when coupons don't work as intended BUT work in our favor it is a good thing. Think of the 20OFF80 that resulted in really cheap games. Or the free games from Best Buy. If you want a world where no glitches exist then you need to take the good with the bad. I for one like that there are glitches because as I pointed out we can benefit from them when they work in our favor AND if they do not there are usually ways to correct the mistake so things work out as they should. Yin and Yang as they say.

EDIT: I should clarify, when I initially said "a few short phone calls" I mean overall for ALL my dealings with amazon and gamestop, not multiple calls for one issue.

Mine says:
Receive 10% off your next online purchase. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or hardware. Single-use coupon. Limit 3 items. Expires 10/31/2010 11:59PM

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Never once did I say I made multiple phone calls for this. I made one phone call and they issues me two $10 gift cards. Companies are run by people just like you and I. People (including me) are no where near perfect, so companies aren't perfect and sometimes there are glitches.

That is why sometimes when coupons don't work as intended BUT work in our favor it is a good thing. Think of the 20OFF80 that resulted in really cheap games. Or the free games from Best Buy. If you want a world where no glitches exist then you need to take the good with the bad. I for one like that there are glitches because as I pointed out we can benefit from them when they work in our favor AND if they do not there are usually ways to correct the mistake so things work out as they should. Yin and Yang as they say.

EDIT: I should clarify, when I initially said "a few short phone calls" I mean overall for ALL my dealings with amazon and gamestop, not multiple calls for one issue.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, they have known about this glitch which doesn't work in our favor for days and told some of us that we had to order and they would refund the $10 (which it now appears they haven't done for several people). Programming coupons on a web store system isn't that complicated. Personally, I would rather have coupons that work as described and give up the occasional glitch in our favor that generally gets cancelled anyway with a few rare exceptions.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sorry, but this isn't the kind of thing that should require anyone to do any work. The coupon should work period. Having to make multiple phone calls as you described is a waste of time and money.[/QUOTE]

EXXXXACTLY. I mean for crying out loud, it even give you instructions on how to use it, yet even with said instructions gives you a completely different result. It's Gamestop's mess to clean it up, not ours.

All I am trying to get across is that when people see coupons or promo offers not working in their favor OR the way they should they cry shenanigans or something. Should this coupon work as advertised, of course. Should GameStop fix it ASAP, 100% yes. BUT sometimes we as consumers need to ensure that the coupons we use work as intended and if they don't we need to bring it to the attention of the store instead of just say they are scamming us. Mistakes happen sometimes.

[quote name='bojay1997']The problem is, they have known about this glitch which doesn't work in our favor for days and told some of us that we had to order and they would refund the $10 (which it now appears they haven't done for several people). Programming coupons on a web store system isn't that complicated. Personally, I would rather have coupons that work as described and give up the occasional glitch in our favor that generally gets cancelled anyway with a few rare exceptions.[/QUOTE]

I find it funny people think this is so complicated. If the code doesn't work as promised don't use it and send them an E-mail via customer service. If they get enough complaints they fix the problem and all is well. I wasn't willing to place an order just to ask for the 10 dollars off later because I don't trust companies or people to follow through on their word. It payed off for me to just wait after e-mailing them. The code now works for me, on a pre-order no less.

I would rather they keep having these glitched codes because that is how we had the 25off coupon working on pre-orders. I have some amazing deals on my pre-orders right now with free shipping. I can't wait for the next "bank error in our favor" to show up. (bonus points if you picked up on the Monopoly reference).

Just called, the woman said they are aware of the issue and are fixing it. She told me I could place the order online now, then call back with order number and they would credit the $10 to my account.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']I just got my coupon code and it comes up as 10% off. I sent them an e-mail about the issue.[/QUOTE]
Same deal here. :(

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Did a -$10 show in your cart/order process? If it was call them and complain. If not you can still call and explain to them that you used a code for $10 off and it was not applied. Also, if it did not show a -$10 during the checkout process then it's your fault for placing the order knowing what the final charge would be and then being upset (again, if it showed -$10 and then you were still charged the full amount then I understand your frustration).

Remember kiddos, cheap=/=lazy.[/QUOTE]

i was to place the order and the worker would take the 10 bucksoff

was told the 2 games would been

3.90 and 32.09 after tax

well i was charge 13.90 for the first game.... show its was an outright lie

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Just called, the woman said they are aware of the issue and are fixing it. She told me I could place the order online now, then call back with order number and they would credit the $10 to my account.[/QUOTE]

that is probally the same lady i talked to and she lies .. my account was charged the full amount

bread's done
Back