$10 Off GameStop Online Purchase Code for Entering UFC Undisputed 2010 Sweepstakes

Lord Humongous

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
I entered the UFC Undisputed 2010 Sweepstakes yesterday and today received an email with a one-time-use $10 off any GS online order code.

https://www.gamestopufc2010.com/

The disclaimer states it can't be combined with any other offers...but I know this is sometimes not the case with GS.com. Haven't tried any combos myself...

Disclaimer:
*Enter coupon code where prompted and click activate. Coupon valid for one time use only. Offer valid online only. Offer excludes consoles, hardware, pre-release limited/collector's editions and gift cards. May not be combined with other offers. Coupon expires on 10/1/2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed an order, contacted GS via e-mail requesting that $10 be removed from the order due to the faulty code. Order shipped yesterday and I received this just now:

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting GameStop.com
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. A refund request has been issued in the amount of $ 10 .
If you used only a credit card as the payment type; you should see the refund process within the next 3-5 business days, depending upon your financial institutions credit policies.
If the primary payment was a Gift/Edge card, a gift card containing your refund will be sent to you shortly. You should allow up to 48-72 hours for order processing, and will be delivered for free via First Class U.S. Mail within 10 business days.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this e-mail.
Best regards,
Bryce
Customer Service Agent

Looks like I will get my $10 anyway, so I am happy.

Just call customer service and they will try and get you to make and order and call them back but just tell them you dont want to make an order without the $10 off and they will give you a code... They need more people to call and report this issue or it will be fixed in time and not right away.

Just called. Seems like their out of coupon codes to give out, but if you put your code in and it only says 10% you should still have the $10 taken off. At least that's what customer service told me.

I input one of my codes just to see if they fixed it, in the cart the text now says it's 20% off but the amount it subtracts is still 10%.

[quote name='hoofrog']Placed an order, contacted GS via e-mail requesting that $10 be removed from the order due to the faulty code. Order shipped yesterday and I received this just now:

Dear Valued Customer,
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. A refund request has been issued in the amount of $ 10 .
If you used only a credit card as the payment type; you should see the refund process within the next 3-5 business days, depending upon your financial institutions credit policies.
If the primary payment was a Gift/Edge card, a gift card containing your refund will be sent to you shortly. You should allow up to 48-72 hours for order processing, and will be delivered for free via First Class U.S. Mail within 10 business days.
Best regards,
Bryce
Customer Service Agent

Looks like I will get my $10 anyway, so I am happy.[/QUOTE]

wow is Bryce the only guy working there. :p
got my email from him also saying to place an order and reply to him with the order # and they would fix things.

[quote name='hoofrog']Placed an order, contacted GS via e-mail requesting that $10 be removed from the order due to the faulty code. Order shipped yesterday and I received this just now:

Dear Valued Customer,
Best regards,
Bryce
Customer Service Agent

I called and got a similar comment. Except I was told that my gift card would be refunded when the order shipped. The order shipped and now I am being told that I will either get the refund put back on my gift card in 3-5 business days or a card mailed out to me. Basically call back in a week and we will let you know whats up.

I got two codes, one to each of my email addresses. One of them worked, and the other will only give free shipping. So maybe you can only use one code per account/address?

Dear Valued Customer,
Best regards,
Bryce
Customer Service Agent

I got a similar email for a pricematch refund a few weeks ago, and the refund never came, even after 2+ weeks. I had to contact them again, and the second time I actually got the refund. So just be careful and check your credit card in a week or two to make sure that the refund was actually processed.

I got my $10 code for Assassin's Creed II even after using my UFC $10 code to purchase it. On a slightly related note, I order ACII on 5/19 and got it today (5/21), even though I only paid for the value shipping. Pleasantly surprised.

Loved when the coupon was messed up

picked up

Glory of her.. and dawn of heroes for the ds... it was only giving shipping free called them up and told them and they said they would credit me 10 bucks ... asked did it matter what shipping i picked they go no so i though wtf and went next day..

so ended up with Glory for her. + dawn of heroes with both next day shipping free + 10 off the order + 10 buck coupon

so 25 bucks after all codes with next day shipping ...

Placed an order for UFC 10 with in store pickup, called CS and they said the $10 off doesn't work for instore pickups. Well then how come it let's me order with 10% of?!?!

just called and after 9 minutes of waiting to get help on the line, was told that there is no resolution for it just yet and the guy seemed clueless. first he thought it was about the pre-order then I explained to him it's about the contest. he said to place the order and call within 30 minutes or less after the order goes through so they can catch it and knock off $10 manually on their side and that it would then reflect. If you have a spare code please PM me. I don't wanna deal with the hassles of gs and don't think what he (the rep.) told me is the proper way that they are handling things since others have stated they got a code given to them for $10 off. Thanks

i called gs before placing the order, and was told to make the order, wait 20 minutes and call back to get the $10 credited back to my credit card. we'll see if that goes through.

if you don't want to wait forever on hold, use www.lucyphone.com it works like a charm

UPDATE: I called back and got the $10 credited back to my amex, so everything should be good. I hope they get the code resolved soon. I've got a few codes left and i would hate to have to call in every time :)

I ordered SSFIV with the $10 off and I never got the new $10 code even though my item has been shipped and should be delivered later today.. Hmm nice promo... Get a $10 off code for a future purchase when your item has shipped :roll:

I called customer service and gave the representative my coupon code and my order number and the lady credited $10.00 to my account. She was very friendly.

So I just bought Gears of war 2 GOTY for 20 with free shipping because I stacked with SAVER

how do you get the code. I entered the UFC sweepstakes. The UFC Fight Party. Never received any code its been 3 days. Any tips??? On how to get code even if its wrong one I will just call them so they can fix it

I called in to CS and they gave me a new code which worked just fine. Got $10 off of Mario Galaxy 2 (yes the code worked on a pre-order!). Unfortunately, couldn't get it to stack with SAVER or any other code...

[quote name='lakers2008']how do you get the code. I entered the UFC sweepstakes. The UFC Fight Party. Never received any code its been 3 days. Any tips??? On how to get code even if its wrong one I will just call them so they can fix it[/QUOTE]

Try waiting till the sweepstakes is over. Most people entered the previous fighter's sweepstakes they had and got it once that sweepstakes ended.

Did anyone manage to get the credit after using 2D15 as well? The 2D15 worked, the code I got didn't, I called CS and tehy said to call back to get the $10 credit AFTER I place my order, want to make sure I can still use 2D15 with it...

***EDIT*** Worked with the 2D15 code! I entered that in which gave free 3 day shipping, placed the order. Called back to customer service and re-spoke to the same rep (gave me his name and extension). He discounted it the $10! OTD was $17.xx for BRAND NEW, plus the future $10 coupon, plus free 3-day shipping!

Awesome deal. Here's a tip: Sound mature. Talk to them like adults, and be calm. It works. I'm 27 and have been in their position so I was just chatting it up with the guy. This guy was nicer than most of the employees I meet in B&M stores!

ughh ordering has been a nightmare.. I never did get this code to work.

Plus now I was going to order UFC anyways but now shipping is being charged (even though it says free release date delivery if ordered before 11am ct)

screw it.. i wanted the dlc but ill go with trusty amazon

[quote name='LiquidCrew']I gave up on trying to get it to work, they said to just place my order and they would credit my account.[/QUOTE]

Same. I ordered a used Bayonetta. They said they will credit my account for the difference. So I got it for $20.97 shipped (they let me stack it with Saver).

still waiting for code for signing up for sweepstakes. doesnt look like I will be getting anytime soon. Stupid Gamestop they cant run promotions

[quote name='mightymek']Same. I ordered a used Bayonetta. [/QUOTE]

I like my Bayonetta new. Who knows how many times she's been pillow talked on a used copy. ;)

Just got my other codes today. All still give just 10%. I called the GS and the guy said at checkout it'll work just fine, if not give em a call. The game I am waiting for isn't in stock so I can't test this out yet.

So if you place your order first, then contact customer service to get the $10 adjusted, do they care if you used other coupon codes that normally would not have stacked if you used the code online?

Just got off the phone with some sarcastic old man from Game Stop. I asked him twice to please change my defective code and he was insisting that I place the order and then call them back. I told him that what he was telling me to do was not in the fine script. It simply states; "Thank you for registering to win the Ultimate Fighter Life! Below is a code to take $10 off your next purchase* at GameStop.com.". He told me that if I didn't want to go through the hassle, it was my choice and loss then.
Ive had it with Game Stop and all of their cheap excuses and games. Why should I have to go through that hassle because of their errors. They can give me a $20 coupon and I will not give them another penny from this point forward.

Semi off topic. I ordered UFC with the free release date delivery. Does Gamestop.com really deliver on release date? It says "Shipping on 5/25/10"....

@xscorpionx
It sucks you spoke with a jerky old guy. I've only talked to one crappy support rep so far, a young-sounding punk named Ricky. I've had the misfortune of reaching him twice now. I had already spoken to a nice female earlier who told me to place my order & if the $10 didn't subract they'd manually correct it when I called back. I called back, got Ricky, and proceeds to tell me I'm wrong and the $10 coupon worked properly when it only took $2 off. He eventually adjusted it to be $10 off, but had to give a bunch of attitude first. I'd recommend not talking to him if you have time to hang up and call back.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I like my Bayonetta new. Who knows how many times she's been pillow talked on a used copy. ;)[/QUOTE]
:lol:

I commend you good sir! :applause:

Just got my emails today. Like, all at once, to the same email account. Because I only registered with one account. Yet they sent me three codes to the email. Why did they send me three codes? I was not expecting three codes. *wanders off in a daze to the Games Under $20 section*

Just used my coupon I got like 2 weeks ago on wario land shake it (used), which is 11.99 originally but combined with edge and the coupon it brought the total to $.79. after saver shipping and tax it was a whooping $4.13. The coupon worked just fine for me, and appears to be working for a few others as well. Also I'll get another $10 coupon for puchasing wario land so a pretty damn good deal haha.

Good luck to other CAGS on getting your coupon to work!

[quote name='Cheapskate']Just got my emails today. Like, all at once, to the same email account. Because I only registered with one account. Yet they sent me three codes to the email. Why did they send me three codes? I was not expecting three codes. *wanders off in a daze to the Games Under $20 section*[/QUOTE]

N/m, I just tried each of the three, and on the website they magically transform from $10 off into 10% off. Which means they = completely worthless.

[quote name='Cheapskate']N/m, I just tried each of the three, and on the website they magically transform from $10 off into 10% off. Which means they = completely worthless.[/QUOTE]

1. Place order with broken code
2. Call GS CS
3. Explain situation
4. Save $10
~fin

They must of changed the coupons because my first one was for $10 off while the other one i recently got is 10% off o_O

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']They must of changed the coupons because my first one was for $10 off while the other one i recently got is 10% off o_O[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me but they said just to place an order and email them with the order number and they would take 10 bux off instead of the 10%.

Did the 20PRE code expire?

also new codes

-Buy any 2 games, each at $19.99 or more, and get 15% off your order with code: 15OFF2. Online only.

-We’re really in the mood to give free stuff. All orders of $65 or more get FREE 2-day shipping* with code: F2D65.

-Get Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers for $5 off + FREE ground shipping with code: SLUGGER. Online only.

[quote name='confoosious']got the same thing. it clearly states $10 Off but rings up as 10% off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same with mine. I emailed them, and was told by their CS rep to "email us back with an order # and we'll take $10 off." So I emailed them 3 of my orders that hadn't shipped yet. By the time they got back to me (14+ hours), all 3 had shipped and they refuse to do anything until I place a NEW order. :whistle2:/

Normally, I'd probably cry BS at this point. But there are games I still want. The problem is, all of those games, whether new or used, show up as "out of stock" on their web site.

I've asked if there's any alternative, like applying the $10 to my Edge card or a gift certificate, since my local store has the games I want, in stock! Waiting on a reply, which will likely be "no", but I figure it's worth a shot.

They really like to adjust orders after the fact don't they? A couple weeks ago I cancelled an order with a $10 code, but the code didn't reactivate. So they ended up mailing me a $10 gift card. I actually prefer that method because I was able to use that $10 with a $10 code, lol. And we'll see what happens with these UFC codes. Do they have an expiration?

edit: Nevermind - checked the OP.

I can't get my code to work at all any more. It was working yesterday, but now when I go to place an order it doesn't work on anything :(

[quote name='Ness3']I can't get my code to work at all any more. It was working yesterday, but now when I go to place an order it doesn't work on anything :([/QUOTE]

one of mine did that the other day, just stopped working... tonight when i enter it it seems to work fine... so I'd try just not using it for like 24 hrs., and then try it, if it's still not working try e-mailing or giving them a call.

bread's done
Back