$10 off google checkout, can it be used more than once?

MadFlava

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I am looking into buying an item with google checkout to get a $10 discount but I have already used it when I bought some new soccer cleats a month ago. Is there a way around this. Maybe if I create a new google mail account? I'm thinking because when you sign up you use your real name for the billing that its in a database somewhere and you cannot use it again.

The answer is pretty much no. You can attempt to make a new account, but I imagine they will find out eventually if you keep doing this.

[quote name='Legolas813']The answer is pretty much no. You can attempt to make a new account, but I imagine they will find out eventually if you keep doing this.[/quote]

that is what I thought. Since when you sign up, you use your name and address for billing and that is what they check to see if you already have used the discount.

Unless it has changed, you can. You only need a different email addy. I used same address, same credit card at least 3 times already.

I've done it twice so far, but not gonna risk doing it a lot untill something I really want comes out.

Did it Three times and they suspended my Google Checkout Accounts and sent me a rather unthreatening email but still, I am done creating, that's for sure!

I've done at least 8 GCO's over the past 6 months, probably more. I just make a new gmail account and switch credit cards every time (ie. never use the same credit card twice in a row, I try to space each card's transactions out by at least a month). Obviously it helps if you own 2 or more credit cards, and if you're just a kid getting a paypal debit card is an easy way to have an extra one :)

[quote name='Legolas813']How/why do you have so many credit cards? It's not really a good idea to have so many.[/quote]

That really depends on your age and financial situation :)

If google checkout accepts virtual cards then this is even easier.

[quote name='daminion']That really depends on your age and financial situation :)

If google checkout accepts virtual cards then this is even easier.[/QUOTE]

Theres no reason to have more then 8 cards though. I would say 4 tops. Whether having all that open credit affects his credit or not (unless they are all cards with a limit of like $500 only) I wouldn't want that many cards to keep track of. Lose your wallet and have fun remembering to call each bank to issue you a new card and report the old number lost/stolen.

And you dont need more then one card for the GCO. Just keep using different email addresses and you can use the discount more then once.

Before it let you but now it sometimes works. Just the other day I used the same credit card to create another account for the $10 discount. At some sites the $10 wouldnt show up but at other it did.

[quote name='musha666']Theres no reason to have more then 8 cards though. I would say 4 tops. Whether having all that open credit affects his credit or not (unless they are all cards with a limit of like $500 only) I wouldn't want that many cards to keep track of. Lose your wallet and have fun remembering to call each bank to issue you a new card and report the old number lost/stolen.

And you dont need more then one card for the GCO. Just keep using different email addresses and you can use the discount more then once.[/quote]I'm pretty sure freshzen does that... I doub the has 8 cards, probably 2 or 3. I have 2 cards myself, my debit card and a regular credit card. I've done about 3 or 4 GCO's and space them out witching between cards. No problem yet.

Seems like if they really didn't want you to do this they would just check to see if the card you are using is anywhere in their db.

Yeah I don't have 8 cards lol

I am just extra careful, the main thing is spreading them out, and not trying to do 4 GCOs on the same site. I don't think I've place a GCO on the same site twice, except for maybe TRU. Which reminds me they never shipped my Shining Force GBA game, I need to track that down and make sure I didn't pay for it.

bread's done
Back