$10 Off Pre-Owned Game Coupon Only 4000 PUR Points 4/11 - 4/17

bagwelljeff

CAGiversary!
I was just looking at my PowerUp Rewards account and was checking out the rewards and it looks like the $10 off a pre-owned game coupon was only 4000 points, the same price for a $5 off coupon - I don't know if this is a glitch or what or if it's a YMMV thing - I ordered 2 and it looks like it works

Edit: Ok looks like this is good all week 4/11 - 4/17 as their Steal Of The Week

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']do these coupons work online or are they just for in store?[/QUOTE]
In store only. I printed one today. Good deal.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']In store only. I printed one today. Good deal.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info guess ill be getting one that way i can get castlevannia cheaper.

Hmm, I'm gonna grab 3 of these things and get 3 $20 PSN for $30 in store credit. Since I've read people using these on xbox live cards.

edit: I take that back, it's only used games...

Tried to use on Continuum Shift for the playstation 3 but they tried and said it would not work because it is part of the power saver sale. wtf

Just purchased Just Cause 2 with it and computer took the coupon no problem even tho it's part of the power saver sale. $7.68 out the door.

[quote name='Sophita']The real kicker is the clerk told me that because he scanned the coupon before telling me the offers wouldn't stack he also can't remove the coupon and if he canceled out the coupon would be dead anyways; so basically had to waste the 10ff rather than just using the b2g1 promotion.

So be careful when trying to use these offers as they like to not be compatible with anything.[/QUOTE]

wow, all the clerk has to do is scan the coupon and it is dead even without completing the transaction? that's some pretty good way to stop coupon fraud, but a pita if it was mistakenly used.

[quote name='r00kie']Just purchased Just Cause 2 with it and computer took the coupon no problem even tho it's part of the power saver sale. $7.68 out the door.[/QUOTE]They couldn't get it to work for me with Two Worlds II.

[quote name='AteBit']What's the expiration date on these coupons?[/QUOTE]
Mine said 6/30/11 I'm guessing they're all the same exp date. The offer is only good for this week I believe. So get it while you can at 4k points.

I just hate how completely different in store and online prices are at times. I wanted to get Force Unleashed 2 and it's 24.99 online but was 44.99 in store.

[quote name='Mugatu']I just hate how completely different in store and online prices are at times. I wanted to get Force Unleashed 2 and it's 24.99 online but was 44.99 in store.[/QUOTE]

might be outdated stickers; i bought 2-3 copies of SWFU2 for 24.99 over the weekend. one of the Fallout NV i bought had a $44.99 sticker but was really 17.99.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I heard decent things about Haze, what about resistance?[/QUOTE]

You heard wrong. I tried to like Haze, but it just had too many issues.

Resistance is fantastic if you're buying it at this point for the single player mode. At the time Resistance was the only multiplayer to be had on PSN, and it was a lot of fun, but I doubt anyone plays anymore. I never liked Resistance 2 multiplayer though - too many changes hurt the gameplay, but the campaign for Resistance 2 was good as well.

[quote name='Jinque']might be outdated stickers; i bought 2-3 copies of SWFU2 for 24.99 over the weekend. one of the Fallout NV i bought had a $44.99 sticker but was really 17.99.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I feel stupid now for not even asking about it at the store - thanks! I have heard how short that game is so I wanted to get it for as cheap as possible and about $20 was the sweet spot for me!

Thanks again! I'm going to go pick it up today!

[quote name='Mugatu']Whoa, I feel stupid now for not even asking about it at the store - thanks! I have heard how short that game is so I wanted to get it for as cheap as possible and about $20 was the sweet spot for me!

Thanks again! I'm going to go pick it up today![/QUOTE]

Wait, Fallout New Vegas is short? I guess the main story line isn't that long, but I sunk 60 hours into it and probably only visited 90% of the locations. Games like that should be played on the PC, though, which doesn't allow for pre-owned deals like this.

[EDIT: ignore the above. He was talking about Force Unleashed, not Fallout]

Back on topic, picked up one of these. I had around 12,000 points but I didn't want to feel pressured to use 3 coupons by the end of June. It's almost certain I'd use two, but if there's a deal like this now there'll probably be another good one down the road.

[quote name='Mugatu']Whoa, I feel stupid now for not even asking about it at the store - thanks! I have heard how short that game is so I wanted to get it for as cheap as possible and about $20 was the sweet spot for me!

Thanks again! I'm going to go pick it up today![/QUOTE]
It is really short (only took about 3 hours to finish the story mode), but it's also a lot of fun and the DLC only costs a buck, so it's a good investment.

So, I tried to pick up a used 3DS game at a local store (to use this coupon), since the inventory tracker shows it in stock. However, at all the stores I went to (3 of them), I was told there's a new rule that trade-in merchandise must now be 'kept in the back' for 15 days before they area allowed to resell it. Hence, none of these used games can be on the floor yet.

This is the first time I ever heard of this. Is this a new company policy or just some corporate BS they're feeding the customers now?

[quote name='dragonjud']So, I tried to pick up a used 3DS game at a local store (to use this coupon), since the inventory tracker shows it in stock. However, at all the stores I went to (3 of them), I was told there's a new rule that trade-in merchandise must now be 'kept in the back' for 15 days before they area allowed to resell it. Hence, none of these used games can be on the floor yet.

This is the first time I ever heard of this. Is this a new company policy or just some corporate BS they're feeding the customers now?[/QUOTE]

In some counties in my state they are required (pawn shop laws) to hold used merchandise for thirty days, while at others they can sell the stuff immediately. Depending on your local laws they may very well be required to do this.

Tried using this on Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions, he supposedly tried it and said it didnt work. This better not have made my coupon "used". Oh well 14 from infamous (after 25%) went to Portal 2 and the money I had in credit meant I spent 2 bucks out of pocket. Not too bad.

So now that the B2G1 sale is done, Just Cause 2 magically appears in-stock its ok tho, just got a coupon and will get another one as soon as I buy Just Cause 2 for $8 (I have 3600 points) and will get Demons Souls for $8. I guess it makes it a B1G1 sale free for me :)

Just got a birthday coupon for $10 off my next purchase of two games over $20. May be time to go in and see how many of these things will stack up.

I picked up a near mint copy of enslaved for under 3 bucks with this coupon, the power saver sale and my PUR discount. I will probably do the same with xmen origins wolverine tomorrow.

I managed to use the coupon on Enslaved despite returning it and the other two games that put me over 4000 in the first place. Yay for Gamestop being less horrible about it's point system than Best Buy, hope the rewards get better too.

[quote name='coolrust']do you guys know any good game under 20 for ps3?[/QUOTE]

What kinda game are you lookin' for? I plan to use my coupon to get Folklore for $10.

[quote name='dragonjud']So, I tried to pick up a used 3DS game at a local store (to use this coupon), since the inventory tracker shows it in stock. However, at all the stores I went to (3 of them), I was told there's a new rule that trade-in merchandise must now be 'kept in the back' for 15 days before they area allowed to resell it. Hence, none of these used games can be on the floor yet.

This is the first time I ever heard of this. Is this a new company policy or just some corporate BS they're feeding the customers now?[/QUOTE]

That's just BS they are giving you. To me it sounds like they were keeping it off the shelves for themselves. I'm a store manager at GS and this is definitely not a policy that corporate has issued. I would talk to the manager directly because they are most certainly not allowed to do that.

Actually, it's probably not BS. Holding second-hand/pawned items for X number of days is a standard city ordinance law to help curb the sale of stolen items. It can vary from county-to-county, as I know the downtown Portland, OR GS has a hold policy, but the Beaverton store (not even 10 miles away) does not enforce it.

*edit*

Figure I should at least mention that I picked up MGS2: Substance (original label) for free with my coupon. Clerk-guy wasn't positive it would go through, because the game was technically cheaper than the coupon discounted...so I lost about $1.xx worth of coupon, but meh. Weird thing is, it was the last copy they had, and all they had was the MGS collection-print disc (which is basic-black w/ white text; Substance original print was the cover art as disc label). Worked fine, and will go quite nicely with my Documents of MGS2 disc now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you guys getting more than one coupon? I redeemed one earlier today and want to get two more but I can't find the coupon on the rewards site anymore. Can someone shed some light onto this? Thanks!

[quote name='kalel603']How are you guys getting more than one coupon? I redeemed one earlier today and want to get two more but I can't find the coupon on the rewards site anymore. Can someone shed some light onto this? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Looks like they ran out of codes for it, so you're probably SOL. :cry:

Happened to me about a month ago, was going to get a 4000pt/$5-off-used coupon to use on Tactice Ogre for psp. They didn't even HAVE the used game coupons on there, so I ended up getting the 5k version. Of course, 2 weeks later, they popped back up there.

They moved it from the default coupon page Kale. Just go to "all rewards" then go to "categories" then "coupons" and you should find it there. I couldn't find it tonight either and thought I was screwed.

Correction, I guess they got rid of them for good in the past 2 hours. Bummer. Does anyone think there's a chance they'll put more up tomorrow? I think it's pretty lame to advertise a "weekly" deal and then have it last two days. It's not like this is a physical item that they ran out of. Can't they just generate more codes?

The peer pressure is too great, I caved and spent my recently acquired 4,000 pts. Now watch in the coming weeks there will be an even better offer and we'll are regret "wasting" our points.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']yea do they stack??[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. Couldn't use 2 in one transaction with two used games.

bread's done
Back