$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zeus_Thunder']So technically you can get Hitman Absolution for $39.99 using that $20 GC offer as some sort of discount?[/QUOTE]

Well if you are using trade credit then yes. You pay $59.99 and they give you the game and a $20 GC. You cannot use the GC on the purchase though.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Bought LBP at BB this month for full price. Think they'd PM the 10 dollars off if I took the receipt in?[/QUOTE]

I did it with Max Payne 3 awhile back, I took the receipt and a print out of the promotion and they price adjusted it for me.

[quote name='Kuroknight27']I did it with Max Payne 3 awhile back, I took the receipt and a print out of the promotion and they price adjusted it for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Kuro.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Just got back from bestbuy, got hitman absolution & got the $20gc & i used a $20 reward zone credit to buy it[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna do that too once my points for halo post :D

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i tried using the resident evil 6 $20 off in the store and it wasn't working. I clicked claim on my account even printed the coupon and when I tried to checkout it just said invalid and still rangup as $59.99

had to get a manager to override the price to $40, he said that has happened to other people today as well.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. The supervisor who came to look at the transaction started going on about having to call the "Premier Silver" hotline since it's a coupon and he can't adjust it. I just left at that point...

I'm going to my normal BB today to get RE6. I know it's possible that BB has some sort of special procedures for Silver customers, but I'm pretty sure based on my shopping experiences at BB and my experiences working there as a second job that the supervisor could have simply just offered to do a manual price adjustment and kept the coupon that I brought it.

So aggravating...

[quote name='TheEliminator62']So can RE6 be price matched with the $39.99 sale at Gamestop and receive the $20 off coupon or is this not acceptable?[/QUOTE]

I asked this earlier and I was told probably not because it's considered double-dipping.

But confirmation would be nice.

[quote name='zzamaro']I asked this earlier and I was told probably not because it's considered double-dipping.

But confirmation would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Hitman PM is double-dipping too, I just want to know if someone had success.

I know it's ymmv, but has anyone claimed the hitman offer, and then went to bb and price matched the gamestop price? I'm on the fence now, but if I could get hitman for $20 I'd buy it no problem.

[quote name='Zolor23']Well, the Hitman PM is double-dipping too, I just want to know if someone had success.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joeyshadows']I know it's ymmv, but has anyone claimed the hitman offer, and then went to bb and price matched the gamestop price? I'm on the fence now, but if I could get hitman for $20 I'd buy it no problem.[/QUOTE]
A lot of people reported success on the H:A thread (two of them). If you know the manager on shift then it's very easy.

[quote name='Zolor23']Well, the Hitman PM is double-dipping too, I just want to know if someone had success.[/QUOTE]

I believe the difference, small as it might seems, is that the Hitman case is a $20 gift card, versus RE6, which is a $20 discount. The gift card goes through, it seems, but the discount does not.

[quote name='TooPoor']A lot of people reported success on the H:A thread (two of them). If you know the manager on shift then it's very easy.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt say a lot of them are having success, Its actually the opposite. A lot are getting shot down

If you do try, get them to price match first and then slip the rz gc offer after they have finalized the PM and are ready for payment, this seems the best way of getting it to happen

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I wouldnt say a lot of them are having success, Its actually the opposite. A lot are getting shot down

If you do try, get them to price match first and then slip the rz gc offer after they have finalized the PM and are ready for payment, this seems the best way of getting it to happen[/QUOTE]

There's no slipping in the offer like that. It's automatically linked to your RZ account after you redeem it online. Just have them scan your RZ(or look it up) first, then scan the game, price match, and then get your GC. You don't have to trick any one. You just have to get them to still give you the $20 GC, but it should not be too big a deal because you can say it's a Gamers Club promo.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']There's no slipping in the offer like that. It's automatically linked to your RZ account after you redeem it online. Just have them scan your RZ(or look it up) first, then scan the game, price match, and then get your GC. You don't have to trick any one. You just have to get them to still give you the $20 GC, but it should not be too big a deal because you can say it's a Gamers Club promo.[/QUOTE]

That's the way Hitman is. I don't know if Resident Evil automatically takes off $20 when you enter your RZ. If it does, you would need to scan and PM game first, then see if putting your RZ number in automatically drops it down $20.

[quote name='Zolor23']That's the way Hitman is. I don't know if Resident Evil automatically takes off $20 when you enter your RZ. If it does, you would need to scan and PM game first, then see if putting your RZ number in automatically drops it down $20.[/QUOTE]For all of these offers, the deduction doesn't happen until the cashier hits "Total", so as long as you do the PM before the transaction is totaled out, you should be good, though I'm only guessing.

[quote name='Vigilante']For all of these offers, the deduction doesn't happen until the cashier hits "Total", so as long as you do the PM before the transaction is totaled out, you should be good, though I'm only guessing.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I will go find out tomorrow. I will be PMing Hitman and Resident Evil, prob in separate transactions.

If I decide to return one of those games, and I paid with a gift card, do they return a gift card to you?

[quote name='Zolor23']Interesting. I will go find out tomorrow. I will be PMing Hitman and Resident Evil, prob in separate transactions.

If I decide to return one of those games, and I paid with a gift card, do they return a gift card to you?[/QUOTE]Yes, I think so.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Just wait on this game. If they are discounting it this fast, it will be $20 in a few months.[/QUOTE]

And? If you can get it now for $39.99 and the $20 gc, why not get it?

[quote name='aircobra']And? If you can get it now for $39.99 and the $20 gc, why not get it?[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that. No store where I live will allow a price match and a best buy offer.

For those asking about the Hitman PM+gift card it is very much YMMV. I've had similar routines get totally denied and only go through a small handful of times. It pretty much depends on the customer service person you get. Also, if the gift card is automatic and tied to your RZ+game UPC be warned because many times for PMs at various BBs where I live they will override the price of the game manually as just something like "Pricematch Game" so that there is no UPC tied to it. I'm not saying that's company policy or even correct/legal but just saying it's happened more than once to me at Best Buy.

Was able to get it for 39.99 and then get a $20 rz cert when I called the Premier Silver line and told them that I did not get the giftcard when I purchased it.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']There's no slipping in the offer like that. It's automatically linked to your RZ account after you redeem it online. Just have them scan your RZ(or look it up) first, then scan the game, price match, and then get your GC. You don't have to trick any one. You just have to get them to still give you the $20 GC, but it should not be too big a deal because you can say it's a Gamers Club promo.[/QUOTE]

Im just telling you what other people are doing to get the CSR and managers to do it without claiming that its double dipping and shooting you down

Which technically it is and they should, so yes you are tricking them

I did this the other day when I bought it for 40 on BF weekend PM to amazon I think. I used a remaining 9 dollars from a gc to bring it down to like 31 something. Paid rest with my CC. Then this coupon came out and so I went back and they honored it...however all they did was return and rebuy at the lower price because the idiot CSR said the coupon had already been used..yet I just printed it out 30 mins earlier. When I asked about what happened to the gc, they said it was put back into my credit card but the receipt does not show that. ...so did I loose a 9 dollar credit from my GC? It's not showing up on my gc.

Hopefully the gamestop link for Hitman stays up so I can pm later, and hopefully get the gift card. I have $20 in rz to burn. Then Sunday I can pm the 3ds xl price change, get 20 back and use it with the gift card on fc3.

I just got 500 RZ points credited to my account randomly with the description as "expired certificates" I've been watching my points carefully and have no idea where this came from? Anybody experience something like this? Not that I'm complaining or anything, just pretty confused as where this "expired certificate" came from cause I've never noticed any points expire from my account.

[quote name='JohnWayne']I just got 500 RZ points credited to my account randomly with the description as "expired certificates" I've been watching my points carefully and have no idea where this came from? Anybody experience something like this? Not that I'm complaining or anything, just pretty confused as where this "expired certificate" came from cause I've never noticed any points expire from my account.[/QUOTE]

Holiday promotion given to random members. Congrats

I was very excited to get the "double dip" to work. No issues had the PM first then the reward zone card scanned. Was going to use the Reward holiday points but didn't want to push my luck and just saved it

[quote name='shadowkast']Holiday promotion given to random members. Congrats[/QUOTE]

It can't be that cause I already got one last week that had the description "happy holidays"

Just got back from my trip. Got the Hitman adjusted with the gift card :D

For the record they adjusted it first, then I handed them my rewards, and the gift card popped up automatically since I claimed it on the site.

When the girl did it. She was like "Oh there's a 20 dollar gift card bundled with this too."

I then played dumb(which isn't hard to do:lol:) with "Wow really?!? Cool. I'll use it to pick up the Dark Knight rises then." :D

Oh and first they weren't going to do it because they couldn't bring up the web page with the price(which you know if you been following that thread), but before doing it I went over to gamestop to check and sure enough it was 39.99 and mentioned that I don't know if it's online but I knew it was in store because I just saw it. Figured they call to check, which would have been fine, but they took my word on it and just gave me the adjustment.

Well Best Buy Rewards CSR got some major points with me today.

Lets see she:
-Gave me an extra 1000 points for my second BO2 preorder and purchase.
-Applied the credit from the two transactions the cashier forgot to enter.
-Looked into the whole resident evil 6 situation I mentioned earlier and decided to credit me another 500 points since the store screwed up in handling the return/adjustment thing with the coupon.

Good day best buy! :)

[quote name='solidus_00']Just got back from my trip. Got the Hitman adjusted with the gift card :D

For the record they adjusted it first, then I handed them my rewards, and the gift card popped up automatically since I claimed it on the site.

When the girl did it. She was like "Oh there's a 20 dollar gift card bundled with this too."

I then played dumb(which isn't hard to do:lol:) with "Wow really?!? Cool. I'll use it to pick up the Dark Knight rises then." :D

Oh and first they weren't going to do it because they couldn't bring up the web page with the price(which you know if you been following that thread), but before doing it I went over to gamestop to check and sure enough it was 39.99 and mentioned that I don't know if it's online but I knew it was in store because I just saw it. Figured they call to check, which would have been fine, but they took my word on it and just gave me the adjustment.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

When my Best Buy called gamestop they said it was $60.
I'm just going to buy it tomorrow at BB and price match Target on Sunday.

[quote name='shadowrage']When my Best Buy called gamestop they said it was $60.
I'm just going to buy it tomorrow at BB and price match Target on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

That's weird, it should still be $40.

[quote name='k1ngster']Do you have the ps3 link?[/QUOTE]
www.ebgames.com/ps3/games/hitman-absolution/107158

Just got back from bb. Pm'd gs and had them add my rz account. 40 with a 20gc isn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back