$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
The employe who rang me up was totally befuddled by my coupon. He was nice about it though, not a dick. He had to read the instruction on my print out because he had no idea how to ring up the coupon. Just kept asking where he could get coupons like that, because he had only ever seen these types of deals in the @Gamer magazine.

After playing mine I'll probably flip it... (which probably means I'll have a TM: Black code up for trade). This type of gameplay was pretty fun back in the PS1/N64 days but is incredibly dated...especially if you're planning on playing it for the SP story. The graphics are also surprisingly bad IMO, and I couldn't find a control scheme that I was really happy with.

If you're a fan of the series and the gameplay remains nostalgic for you I'd definitely recommend picking it up. But if you're not a fan of the series or if nostalgia won't carry it then I'd say either steer away or get it for a potential flip.

I had no problem with either the TM or MW3 coupons being automatically applied to my account at checkout without any physical coupon. It was the first time I had done it but it worked flawlessly. When the cashier goes to finalize the transaction they are prompted to add the packages for the discount. I guess the only snag you could hit is if they chose to reject that without physical proof of a coupon.

The offer does not say that you can not use it on preowned games. So you could get a better deal this way. Is this true or is it unwritten? It is misleading unless I missed something but I read the whole offer.

[quote name='greencoman']The offer does not say that you can not use it on preowned games. So you could get a better deal this way. Is this true or is it unwritten? It is misleading unless I missed something but I read the whole offer.[/QUOTE]

From what I read, its linked to the SKU of the new game. The used games are given different SKUs. But who knows, maybe you can swing if you try hard enough.

[quote name='VTCO']Hopefully you can find a Limited Edition copy then, as it contains Twisted Metal Black.[/QUOTE]

That's the only reason why I might try for this, otherwise I'd pass. The new game is good, but Black is still awesome to this day.

For anyone that actually managed to find a LE version, could you please post the UPC # for it? I wanted to see if it's the same as the non-LE version.

All I could find in-store is the non-LE version.

[quote name='hellolol']So if mw3 drops to 50 will I be able to use the coupon still? It says excludes clearance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should work.

I can't see this game dropping below $20 (either after a discount or MSRP) till maybe 2-3 years from now so if you want it, and are going to play it immediately, now's a good time to buy.

Picked up a copy yesterday, hoping to flip it on ebay for a good amount seeing as it's still a full price game. Also picked up Madden '12 for $10 hoping to make at least $20, it's a $40 game still, and I got my friend Assassins Creed:Revelations, as well as myself. $10 a piece for both 360/ps3 and RE:ORC. Also, Gears of War 3 for my friend at $15.

Spent $80 on $260 worth of games if full price, had my friend pay me back his $25 and i got a $5 credit from a sale on FFXIII-2 I got last month (was $20, then up to $40 and now $15). all in all i bought 6 games for $80 or my 4 games, 2 for me, 2 to sell for $55.

[quote name='shrike4242']For anyone that actually managed to find a LE version, could you please post the UPC # for it? I wanted to see if it's the same as the non-LE version.

All I could find in-store is the non-LE version.[/QUOTE]

Is is the same UPC.

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']Picked up a copy yesterday, hoping to flip it on ebay for a good amount seeing as it's still a full price game. Also picked up Madden '12 for $10 hoping to make at least $20, it's a $40 game still, and I got my friend Assassins Creed:Revelations, as well as myself. $10 a piece for both 360/ps3 and RE:ORC. Also, Gears of War 3 for my friend at $15.

Spent $80 on $260 worth of games if full price, had my friend pay me back his $25 and i got a $5 credit from a sale on FFXIII-2 I got last month (was $20, then up to $40 and now $15). all in all i bought 6 games for $80 or my 4 games, 2 for me, 2 to sell for $55.[/QUOTE]

Good luck selling Madden 12 for $30. You could probably sell it for $25 shipped, there is like 300 copies of just the 360 version on eBay and new copies for $20 shipped.

Anyone have any idea if the MW3 coupon would work on a Hardened Edition? Was at a BB last week that still had a few, it would only make it 59.99 after discount but it might be worth pursuing.

Any thoughts if buying these online for full price for pickup at stores (to get the $10 for spending over $50), picking up at store, and then returning for price match (via coupons) while doing pickup will work? Or are you better off paying the full price, waiting for the code(s) then doing the price match?
Do the codes stop working if the item is returned?

Anyone try this yet or have any insight?

[quote name='brandtron8000']Anyone have any idea if the MW3 coupon would work on a Hardened Edition? Was at a BB last week that still had a few, it would only make it 59.99 after discount but it might be worth pursuing.[/QUOTE]

Yes it'll work well on that, almost as much as using it to get a Wii or Max Payne 3. These coupons are so generic you might be able to use it at Walgreens.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Yes it'll work well on that, almost as much as using it to get a Wii or Max Payne 3. These coupons are so generic you might be able to use it at Walgreens.[/QUOTE]

Too bad it doesn't work on shutting you up.

[quote name='brandtron8000']Too bad it doesn't work on shutting you up.[/QUOTE]:lol::lol::lol::lol: I was thinking the same thing. ijustw1n never has anything positive to say. He just trolls the forums with his sarcastic replies.

picked up Twisted Metal yesterday. Didn't even need the coupon, it took the $40 off when he scanned my reward zone card.

Sadly no LE's, even on the quiet BB that no one ever seems to visit. I took the printout with me, gave it to the sales rep and a moment later I get "Your total is going to be $64.xx". Told him if he had scanned the printout, but he was clueless as to how apply it.

Luckily I remembered that this was tied to the RZ card so I told him to scan that and it worked without a hitch.

Like Borat would say, Very nice! I sure hope BB does the same with the @Gamer coupons that way we can avoid future hassle.

I think I am going to get both of these. I had MW3 but traded it awhile back but the COD games keep their TIV well so it won't be much a risk. Was not that interested in TM but I like Jaffe so at $20 I will buy it.

I guess I am weird but I have really enjoyed the story in Modern Warfare. I dont care about the MP, so I am glad I will be able to get this finshed quickly and get my credit back easily. But so far very enjoyable game like the last two.

[quote name='shurija']Thank you so much, your posts are so helpful to me. I've been way too busy to be keeping up with gaming deals these couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]
Out of curiosity... did you go to the Chelsea store to pick up Twisted Metal LE?

[quote name='wrencrest']I guess I am weird but I have really enjoyed the story in Modern Warfare. I dont care about the MP, so I am glad I will be able to get this finshed quickly and get my credit back easily. But so far very enjoyable game like the last two.[/QUOTE]

I like all the Call of Duty games. Gamers just hate on them because they're popular.

[quote name='Velo214']you should be glad they didnt sell you the used version. most of the fun is probly playing online and only new copies have online code. altho i read online is broken/dead, but idk. also the code is on the back of manual, so fingers crossed, they might have not even used it. then again you got it new, but just warning others of used copies...[/QUOTE]

I played this game heavily a few months ago. I couldn't get into any online matches. I wanted to try it out. So maybe I'll just do the story mode again. I had a blast playing through it.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I played this game heavily a few months ago. I couldn't get into any online matches. I wanted to try it out. So maybe I'll just do the story mode again. I had a blast playing through it.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played a TM extensively since 2... so I'm hoping for a great story mode with this one.

This game seems to have very mixed reviews from users, both veterans of the series and new folks.

Got the last copy of TM...unfortunately not the LE version. Coupons were not necessary either since it just linked to my account.

I don't think there were any LE's left to begin with

Regardless I picked it up today and am very happy with it. The Ico and Shadow of the Collossus Collection for $20 was also tempting but i'll wait.

[quote name='elvis731']The link is always screwed up when I use it. Best Buy could never tell me how to fix it, but I figured out the issue. With the reset link they send me, the email address in the URL is always screwed up. Instead of the "@" symbol, there's letters and numbers. If I switch those out with the "@" symboll, it works fine. Not sure if that's the problem you're having, but worth taking a closer look...[/QUOTE]
I called up customer service and they told me how to fix it. Go to Internet Options, click the advance tab, and click the box that says Use TLS 1.0 It worked after that.

i just get stuck doing the multiplayer. i platted world at war, which was supposed to be really hard, and im a few spec ops stars short of mw2 plat. but since then i havnt touched the single player much. for being so mainstream, mw2 sure had a 9/11 conspiracy sort of story going on, so that's awesome/crazy. i hardly touched blops and mw3 story, but i just love the mp. im so hooked i need to play other games, but i just can't get the energy to take the disk out...

Please tell me someone out there is playing Twisted Metal on the Hardest difficulty. This gameplay is taking me back to the good old TM2 days, complete with wanting to throw your controller at the TV :D. I don't really like the direction they went with the story; how they solely focus on sweet Tooth. I preferred the old pick your unique player and unravel his history/future.

Just decided to trade mine in since none of my friends play it. Stumbled upon an Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE at the BB I went to.

Got my $35 for TM and bought the AC Brotherhood CE for $15. It's for PS3 though and all my other AC games are on 360. If anyone else found this deal for 360 and wanted the PS3 version, I'd gladly do an even swap.

Oh and I kept the OP and the Sweet Tooth skin for Starhawk if anyone wants those.

twisted metal was way hard. i thought it was super tough. i did normal diff i think and it was tough. good for you.
is the twisted metal mp fixed?

and the story isnt just sweettooth, it's divided into 3 parts for 3 characters. yeah i miss the choose your character and watch their endings tho.

[quote name='Velo214']twisted metal was way hard. i thought it was super tough. i did normal diff i think and it was tough. good for you.
is the twisted metal mp fixed?

and the story isnt just sweettooth, it's divided into 3 parts for 3 characters. yeah i miss the choose your character and watch their endings tho.[/QUOTE]

I haven't really played it online. Maybe a match or two, but it wasn't lagging or anything crazy like that so no problems. Also, I didn't know the story was divided into three characters. I'm stuck on the level with the damn trailor truck that spawns enemies every 60 seconds, so maybe it's time to get back into it...Thanks dude, you gave me a reason to put up with the constant frustration of dieing all the time haha.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Out of curiosity... did you go to the Chelsea store to pick up Twisted Metal LE?[/QUOTE]

I just came back from that store like 15 minutes ago. It looks like the LE verison was gone.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I like all the Call of Duty games. Gamers just hate on them because they're popular.[/QUOTE]

Or because of the blatant military propaganda, as evidenced with the new Black Ops game having "the mesiah of the 99%" as the villain.

If popularity were the case, then games like Uncharted, Mass Effect, Portal, and Skyrim would be trash talked. That's simply not the case, COD is a generic annual franchise among the likes of Madden, or some dancing game fad.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Or because of the blatant military propaganda, as evidenced with the new Black Ops game having "the mesiah of the 99%" as the villain.

If popularity were the case, then games like Uncharted, Mass Effect, Portal, and Skyrim would be trash talked. That's simply not the case, COD is a generic annual franchise among the likes of Madden, or some dancing game fad.[/QUOTE]

Would you even match Call of Duty sales if you combined all those other games?

yeah the juggernauts? i think that's what the car spawning trucks are called. and yeah it has the deathmetal longhaired guy and the pony tailed mask chic. sorry i can't remember names... like babydoll or something and brothers grimm? its like the bosses of the previous character is the next playable character, full circle. hopefully that isnt spoilery.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Would you even match Call of Duty sales if you combined all those other games?[/QUOTE]

what is it with you and sales and popularity? As if that's a measure of something being artistic, or good? I suppose to you something like Transformers is a better film than something like Taxi Driver? Or that a Lil Wayne album is better than a Radiohead album?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']what is it with you and sales and popularity? As if that's a measure of something being artistic, or good? I suppose to you something like Transformers is a better film than something like Taxi Driver? Or that a Lil Wayne album is better than a Radiohead album?[/QUOTE]

What are you goin off about? I said gamers hate on Call of Duty because it's super popular. You brought up some other games that are popular and my point is that it's not even a close comparison. I have not made a single relation between sales and quality.

But yes, Lil Wayne is much better than Radiohead.

[quote name='shurija']I just came back from that store like 15 minutes ago. It looks like the LE verison was gone.[/QUOTE]

they have more in the back all you have to do is ask the sales associate to get you a copy. I won't say how I know because I don't want to get in trouble. The ones on the floor are all starhawk skin copies. We have a good amount with twisted metal black LE with the twisted metal black codes in the back.

[quote name='J2damuahz']they have more in the back all you have to do is ask the sales associate to get you a copy. I won't say how I know because I don't want to get in trouble. The ones on the floor are all starhawk skin copies. We have a good amount with twisted metal black LE with the twisted metal black codes in the back.[/QUOTE]

eh I wish you posted earlier:bomb:

I checked out this store (3 display spots total of 8 copies) and the 86th & Lex store (only had one copy of the non LE on display).

The gaming people at Chelsea are the worst out of the NYC stores (all Manhattan) whenever I ask for assistance and it seems like no one wants to man the register and tell people to go to the main ones.

I might try tomorrow anyway. Now just not sure if I should try my luck in asking for 2 copies and ring up in separate transactions ;)

Also does anyone know if BB will carry the MW3 with DLC? I saw signage at Gamestops that they'll have copies with dlc.

Traded in NCAA for $43.20 and ended up getting KOA for $10 with $30 coupon, TM for $20 with $40 coupon, and GOW 3 for $13 with $5 coupon/10% off preowned games. Add in $30 with $20 preorder gc and $10 savings code then trading in TM this weekend for $35.20 basically BB is paying me to play these games. I don't know how they make money, but I'm not complaining just mad I put up with Gamestops bullshit all those years.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']eh I wish you posted earlier:bomb:

I checked out this store (3 display spots total of 8 copies) and the 86th & Lex store (only had one copy of the non LE on display).

The gaming people at Chelsea are the worst out of the NYC stores (all Manhattan) whenever I ask for assistance and it seems like no one wants to man the register and tell people to go to the main ones.

I might try tomorrow anyway. Now just not sure if I should try my luck in asking for 2 copies and ring up in separate transactions ;)

Also does anyone know if BB will carry the MW3 with DLC? I saw signage at Gamestops that they'll have copies with dlc.[/QUOTE]

I usually just browse for sales and don't post. This is how I got my copy thanks to this thread. I will get some copies out in the morning and if there out just ask someone I will try to fill the TM slots. If you can try to come in the morning I will make sure to get them out.

As for the question about 2 copies you can always ring out in two different registers but I'm not sure if you need 2 rewardzone accounts for that deal.

[quote name='J2damuahz']they have more in the back all you have to do is ask the sales associate to get you a copy. I won't say how I know because I don't want to get in trouble. The ones on the floor are all starhawk skin copies. We have a good amount with twisted metal black LE with the twisted metal black codes in the back.[/QUOTE]
Figured by now the first batch would be out of stock everywhere. Does the LE have a different SKU? Cause I might actually just not open this game up and try going to another store tomorrow and asking, then buy the LE and return the SE. Thanks for the heads up btw.

Actually.. I don't even know why the hell I want the LE. I own Black for PS2, lol.

[quote name='KaptainKandy']Not sure if this has been answered but can the $40 savings on Twisted Metal be applied to pre owned games?[/QUOTE]
YMMV, but it's probably safe to say that in most cases.. No.

[quote name='KaptainKandy']Not sure if this has been answered but can the $40 savings on Twisted Metal be applied to pre owned games?[/QUOTE]

No sku's are different.

[quote name='eXiON']Figured by now the first batch would be out of stock everywhere. Does the LE have a different SKU? Cause I might actually just not open this game up and try going to another store tomorrow and asking, then buy the LE and return the SE. Thanks for the heads up btw.

Actually.. I don't even know why the hell I want the LE. I own Black for PS2, lol.

YMMV, but it's probably safe to say that in most cases.. No.[/QUOTE]

For some odd reason we were sent two batches. First batch was gone and all we had was the starhawk skins. Oddly we received another that just stayed in the back with the tm black codes. It is the same sku. The only difference is that it says Limited Edition on the box. If I can I will post a pic from my iphone tomorrow of both side by side if it lets me upload. if not after work.

Went in to the Springfield, IL store to try and get a used MW3...unsuccessful. A prompt would pop up for a new MSRP only.

Bought:
Rocketfish Wired Headphones
PS3 Splatterhouse (last one)

There were 0 copies of PS3 Revelations and Socom 4. But there was 1 copy of PS3 El Shaddai and RE5 Gold Edition.

Sounds like you work in the gaming department at Chelsea...

And if you do work there, then you probably know who I am. ;)

And to be honest, this store is my preferred location. Not because of convenience (it isn't the most convenient for me to access), but because the gaming department rocks here. They generally are on top of the deals, and are genuinely cool peeps. They know their shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back