$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
Just back from BB, got the Witcher 2 for $10.59, coupon thing worked a charm and didn't need a printout.

I traded in Battleship and got the Witcher 2 and $5.41 credit left, I'm gonna call that a deal :)

[quote name='dominator']Quick question, sorry if it's been asked, are you able to use this coupon again? I used it today for my friend to get Witcher 2. Would I be able to print out another to get one for myself?[/QUOTE]

The register won't allow the coupon if you already used it.

I got the error even though i didn't use the coupon before, guessing they rang it up wrong. Luckily I got a manager to manually adjust the price.

[quote name='Chin35char']How are you picking it up for 10 dollars? Doesn't it retail at Best Buy for 49.99?[/QUOTE]

Price drop to 39.99 today.

I'd pick one up, but only have PS3. Debating to get 360 just for exclusives though PS3 has better ones.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Will I need a manager override to get the $10 price adjustment?
I bought this for $20 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Most likely and they should have no problem doing so.

Had my wife go to pick-up a copy for me since I had to work till 10:00pm today. The only thing she hates more than video games is Best Buy. I cant wait to see how this works out for me.

[quote name='ajh2298']Had my wife go to pick-up a copy for me since I had to work till 10:00pm today. The only thing she hates more than video games is Best Buy. I cant wait to see how this works out for me.[/QUOTE]

You literally could have stolen the words out of my mouth, brother! The funny thing is, I don't think my wife ever stops to think that most of the nice stuff (electronics-wise) I've gotten for her over the years has come from BB in one way or another (big sales, flipping games, RZ credits). It's also somewhat ironic that my wife doesn't consider herself a 'gamer', even though she probably spends 2-3x the time each week playing 'social games' on her iPhone, iPod, and iPad (Words with Friends, Angry Birds, etc..) than I do on console games.

just got my witcher 2 enhanced edition. Held up the line a bit, coupon wasn't taking off $30. after a few minutes cashier had to get a manager to ovveride. in the end, was well worth it. thanks op!

Man, put in orders for in store pick up at 3 BBYs, I hope I get one. Two of the stores now show OOS for the game but one still shows in stock so hope.

edit: Phew, one store OOS and the other is ready for pick up. But now I gotta figure out how I'm going to print the coupon. Can I show it on a phone or do I have to print it?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Man, put in orders for in store pick up at 3 BBYs, I hope I get one. Two of the stores now show OOS for the game but one still shows in stock so hope.

edit: Phew, one store OOS and the other is ready for pick up. But now I gotta figure out how I'm going to print the coupon. Can I show it on a phone or do I have to print it?[/QUOTE]
The best buy I go to allows you to login to you account at the store and print it.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']The best buy I go to allows you to login to you account at the store and print it.[/QUOTE]

really? I think I'll try to show them on my phone, then ask if they can print it or something. Or I guess come back I do have it for in store pick up already.

edit: NVM, when I looked at the coupon more closely it says to redeem on phone get the bestbuy app. Ugh, cant I just show the code to them.

[quote name='deletion']just got my witcher 2 enhanced edition. Held up the line a bit, coupon wasn't taking off $30. after a few minutes cashier had to get a manager to ovveride. in the end, was well worth it. thanks op![/QUOTE]

Yeah, heads up to CAG'ers. Once you accept the offer online the coupon on paper is worthless. If the cashier scans it the machine will freak out say its invalid. Make sure the cashier has scanned your rewardszone card or entered your info into the system. Then, ask the cashier total the transaction, and the combo of your RZ member sku + Witcher 2 will package the game down to $9.99.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Man, put in orders for in store pick up at 3 BBYs, I hope I get one. Two of the stores now show OOS for the game but one still shows in stock so hope.

edit: Phew, one store OOS and the other is ready for pick up. But now I gotta figure out how I'm going to print the coupon. Can I show it on a phone or do I have to print it?[/QUOTE]
You don't print anything. If you claim the offer at myrz.com, the cashier will be prompted to accept a package discount after hitting total. It all happens automagically. Note that this is a single use coupon tied to your RZ account. You're not getting three of these without some weaseling / cheating.

So I need to bring my RZ number with me I see. I dont have a card.

I shouldn't have any trouble with the in store pick up right? I've used a @gamer coupon this way before.

[quote name='@FIF']You don't print anything. If you claim the offer at myrz.com, the cashier will be prompted to accept a package discount after hitting total. It all happens automagically. Note that this is a single use coupon tied to your RZ account. You're not getting three of these without some weaseling / cheating.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I've had it applied automatically in the past for other offers like MW3, but when I tried to purchase Max Payne 3 on Saturday it didn't work. I had claimed the offer via the RZ website earlier. The blueshirt followed the instructions, but no prompt, no package discount. I had to navigate through the RZ website on my phone, show them the offer, and they manually adjusted the price - needed a manager approval.

guess i have to goto best buy today lol.

also one thing ill never understand why do best buys new prices never reflect their used prices for instance witcher 2 is still 44.99 used

Got the last 1 at my store...didn't know it had dropped to $40...was surprised when the cashier told me that with the $30 off thing, it has dropped to $10.

Got to my Best Buy and saw The Witcher 2 marked down to $40. Talked to the employee from the games section and mentioned the $30 off offer. He said it was a Hell of a steal and could help me at the register right away. Went over with him to get it checked out and he said it couldn't be applied because the price dropped to $40 but he talked to a manager who raised the price to $50 and then applied the $30 off bringing it down to $20.

Needless to say I wasn't happy but politely declined for that price. He then called over a different manager who applied another $10 discount to bring it down to $10, and then I bought it.

If you are wondering I did claim the $30 off offer. I'm not GCU so he claimed it was that but I did the same with Zelda Skyward Sword so he claimed the price was too low to apply the offer. Luckily the managers were happy to apply the discount(s).

Might be a dumb question, but I bought Witcher 2 for $16 on the steam sale thinking that I'd be upgrading my PC hardware "eventually", but I still haven't so still didn't start the game. I'm tempted to just go ahead and pick up an copy for Xbox, can anyone comment on if the 2 are comparable, or is it worth waiting until I've got the set up to run it on PC? Thanks

Fantastic deal for Witcher 2, picked up a copy at Springfield, VA BB for $10 today after claiming the offer (and I had the printed coupon with me as well, but I think as others have said it isn't needed). There were 4 more copies of the Enhanced edition at the store. Never saw a "regular" edition in any store, but the BB site lists one.

I did in store pick up because I wont be able to get to Best Buy until tomorrow. I know they charge my card, but if I say I want to apply the coupon won't they cancel the in store pickup and just ring it up regularly? I just didn't want them to run out.

[quote name='thahamburglir']Might be a dumb question, but I bought Witcher 2 for $16 on the steam sale thinking that I'd be upgrading my PC hardware "eventually", but I still haven't so still didn't start the game. I'm tempted to just go ahead and pick up an copy for Xbox, can anyone comment on if the 2 are comparable, or is it worth waiting until I've got the set up to run it on PC? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm a PC gamer, and it's stunning, higher FPS and etc. It really is a beautiful game. 360's edition has a bit of a fog on it which distorts viewing things at a distance, but honestly I doubt that will sway anybody's decision.

However, the developers are finally releasing a mod tool kit which will allow its community to go to town and create its own additional content, rather than edits soon.

http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/275

I'm still picking up the enhanced version if I can find one tomorrow though.

Heads up to folks that bought Witcher 2 yesterday for $20 and are having a hard time price-matching:

Two different managers couldn't get the price adjustment to go through because the coupon was one-time only. I was pleasant but insistent that I should get the $10 back somehow and they finally let me buy anything in the store at a $10 discount. So if you are having trouble, hint at that possible route.

[quote name='deletion']just got my witcher 2 enhanced edition. Held up the line a bit, coupon wasn't taking off $30. after a few minutes cashier had to get a manager to ovveride. in the end, was well worth it. thanks op![/QUOTE]
Exact same situation for me, they couldn't figure out why it didn't work but the manager ended up overriding it so I got the $9.99 price.

Got Witcher 2 for $10 and WWE All stars for $10 from a manager's sale. Used a RZ certificate to bring the total to $15.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I did in store pick up because I wont be able to get to Best Buy until tomorrow. I know they charge my card, but if I say I want to apply the coupon won't they cancel the in store pickup and just ring it up regularly? I just didn't want them to run out.[/QUOTE]

I did exactly that today. Word of warning though if you cancel an online order in the store you'll have to wait 2 hours before you're able to purchase the game again. What the manager there instructed me to do was to call the 800 number and cancel through the phone that way you don't have to wait.

[quote name='ooga']I did exactly that today. Word of warning though if you cancel an online order in the store you'll have to wait 2 hours before you're able to purchase the game again. What the manager there instructed me to do was to call the 800 number and cancel through the phone that way you don't have to wait.[/QUOTE]

That kind of sucks, but I have a crap load of errands to run tomorrow anyhow, and best buy is on my way to and from those errands. Hopefully they'll have an extra copy so I don't have to go their twice. But we'll see.

Wow, glad I checked this thread before I left. Did an inventory check online for Witcher 2, and found only one store within 20 miles had a copy. Ended up being the last one, and luckily it was in a plastic shell & not spider-wrapped. Really surprised they dropped the price to $40 just a few days after the offer went live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back