$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the last copy at the Bunker Hill location in Houston. Claimed the coupon while taking a piss in the bathroom, grabbed the game, walked to the front. Worked without a problem!!

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Here's a nice story for everyone about me trying to get Witcher 2.

So i'm at home and "claim offer" from the Reward Zone site to print out, problem was I was unable to print it (home printer probs). Seeing that it's no big deal I go to the store and they insisted I needed the printout. The guy working in games said "no problem, i'll print it out for you here" and makes me a copy, goes to ring it up, and it won't work because it claims it's a duplicate. Then he says I need to be re-issued a new Reward Zone certificate because when I went to claim the offer it needed to be printed right away. So he calls "Rewards Zone Center". And the drama begins.

He calls, states the problem, and after some talking puts ME on the phone with them. The woman on the line asked me basic info, and then started a long winded speech accusing me of "trying to take advantage of their system" by making myself multiple printouts. I tell her that I haven't even used any let alone the first and if there's any way this can be fixed. " I'm not issuing you another one. So NO!". I was sort of shocked and handed the phone back to the guy who tried his best, then hung up wide eyes and going "whooooo. wow".

He told me to call back later when the manager was in and try it with him later. I'm not even going to bother. That was crazy.[/QUOTE]

1) the reason it showed duplicate is because the bar code to scan is simply your rz number. So you had your rz account scanned twice.

2) i don't get why people are having problems. Honest question; are you all being patient and waiting until the very last step (where they tell you the total?). The discount won't show up until they total out your order (F8 on their keyboard).

Sucks the way they treated you for sure

[quote name='token2k6']Grabbed the last copy at the Bunker Hill location in Houston. Claimed the coupon while taking a piss in the bathroom, grabbed the game, walked to the front. Worked without a problem!![/QUOTE]Part of that was TMI. Wanna guess which part? You could have at least washed your hands...

[quote name='slowdive21']Crap, it still doesn't combo out? Just like P2 won't package out with the poster AND the steelbook...It only works with one or the other.[/QUOTE]
The Prototype 2 steelbook didn't package out at all with a copy of the game earlier when I had the employee try it after I finally remembered to ask about it.

They hit total after scanning both items and the steelbook STAYED $49.99 for them. Not like I would use it anyway. I'd probably put it up on my TL here for $5 shipped to someone who wanted it. But it's actually a good thing that it didn't zero out cuz there's that much less clutter thanks to that staying that price.;)

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Here's a nice story for everyone about me trying to get Witcher 2.

So i'm at home and "claim offer" from the Reward Zone site to print out, problem was I was unable to print it (home printer probs). Seeing that it's no big deal I go to the store and they insisted I needed the printout. The guy working in games said "no problem, i'll print it out for you here" and makes me a copy, goes to ring it up, and it won't work because it claims it's a duplicate. Then he says I need to be re-issued a new Reward Zone certificate because when I went to claim the offer it needed to be printed right away. So he calls "Rewards Zone Center". And the drama begins.

He calls, states the problem, and after some talking puts ME on the phone with them. The woman on the line asked me basic info, and then started a long winded speech accusing me of "trying to take advantage of their system" by making myself multiple printouts. I tell her that I haven't even used any let alone the first and if there's any way this can be fixed. " I'm not issuing you another one. So NO!". I was sort of shocked and handed the phone back to the guy who tried his best, then hung up wide eyes and going "whooooo. wow".

He told me to call back later when the manager was in and try it with him later. I'm not even going to bother. That was crazy.[/QUOTE]

All you had to do was check out normally. The coupon is tied to your account so when you check out it will automatically be applied to your total whether you have a printout or not.

[quote name='ooga']All you had to do was check out normally. The coupon is tied to your account so when you check out it will automatically be applied to your total whether you have a printout or not.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I tried. They wouldn't let me.

Gave em all the info they needed and they were still acting like I was some sort of ripoff artist. I know it was because of the multiple printouts, but like the employee said... they should know by my purchase history that I didn't buy multiple copies because that info would show on the account.

Picked up Witcher 2 today. May or may not play it since it has a sweet TIV right now and I will play through all of the Halo games before Halo 4 releases.

Claimed offer yesterday and did pickup order, was expecting it to be $10 but it was $40. Cashier wouldnt let me use coupon and told me to wait till tomorrow. Oh well, I'll do a return rebuy sometime this weekend.

I honestly didn't think that I would like the Witcher 2 but it's actually very enjoyable. After people compared it to Skyrim and Dark Souls (hate both) I was hesitant to try it but I'm glad that i bought it. Had no problems what so ever.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I honestly didn't think that I would like the Witcher 2 but it's actually very enjoyable. After people compared it to Skyrim and Dark Souls (hate both) I was hesitant to try it but I'm glad that i bought it. Had no problems what so ever.[/QUOTE]

Try to not listen to normal gamer comparisons, they tend to be way off and usually fanboy fueled. Watch a video review, watch some gameplay and decide for yourself what the game looks like. It has nothing similar in it to Dark Souls, other than it can be hard early on, but in a completely different way. Skyrim, is that a joke? Oh I guess they're both technically RPGs so they must be similar.

[quote name='209chromatic']Claimed offer yesterday and did pickup order, was expecting it to be $10 but it was $40. Cashier wouldnt let me use coupon and told me to wait till tomorrow. Oh well, I'll do a return rebuy sometime this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I did this yesterday. Tell them to cancel the online order so you can just buy it at the normal register. There's no reason they shouldn't They didn't give me any issues about it. She just said the coupon doesn't work for online orders so I'd have to buy it regularly and then just canceled it when I asked and handed me the game. You could have probably paid for it, then just returned it and bought it again if you wanted. Some bestbuys though wont let you rebuy it for like an hour or something. I guess because the system thinks its out of stock or something.

I dont see how coming tomorrow will fix anything. If the online order is still processing you cant use the coupon, you have to buy it through the normal in store process to get the coupon to work. If they cancelled it I'd make sure they hold it since there is nothing stopping them from selling it, or from an employee grabbing it. When you have an in store order it removes it from the stock and its yours, if they sell it they'll usually let you buy anything else at the same price. I had this happen with the Flingsmash bundle and they just let me get two of the wii remote bundle that came out after that one. Or was it the other way around. Either way I got two $50 games for the price of two $8 game, or whatever flingsmash was on sale for.

I picked up the last Witcher 2 at my Best Buy...awkward moment where I'm pretty sure it's the same one I exchanged when it first came out due to the broken game case due to the spider wrap.

Oh well, I still have the case from my gamestop copy.

[quote name='token2k6']Grabbed the last copy at the Bunker Hill location in Houston. Claimed the coupon while taking a piss in the bathroom, grabbed the game, walked to the front. Worked without a problem!![/QUOTE]

Remind me not to borrow your phone... :p

[quote name='Saix_XIII']My advice. Do NOT place an order online for store pickup because of the reasons you stated. Call the store, have them put a copy on hold for you. Tell them your girlfriend (insert name here) is picking it up for you. Have her get your RZ info/certificate/whatever and then buy it.

BB rarely checks info in terms of this stuff, you should have zero issues. Now if she were trading a game in something she wouldn't be able to because that requires an ID.[/QUOTE]

Okay great thank you very much. Unfortunately the BB she is going to tomorrow for my other order anyway shows OOS. She said she will check for it anyway in-store and show them my printout (she has no smartphone to pull up the app) but I'm not optimistic there will be any copies left in-store.

i do believe you should be able to OMS this as well. OMS for those that dont know is basically having the store order for you to pick up at a bestbuy of your choice. It the bestbuy you choose doesnt have it, they will get one shipped there with an expected delivery date. Pay at the time of order in the store and use coupon. So no biggie if your store doesnt have it in stock.

Lexington, SC store has 1 copy left on shelf as of 7pm.

To all the NW Chicago suburb CAGs, I'm sorry. I bought the last witcher 2 copy at the Arlington Heights location.

On a side note: Despite there being directions for the cashier RIGHT ON THE GODDAMN APP, the cashier tried to send me off. He tried to tell me that the offer had to show up on my rewards account when he typed in my number. I said to him, "Just follow the directions on the iPhone app."

Clearly he looked flustered, so I went straight I customer service, and was outta there in two minutes.

Jesus.

[quote name='Os Money']i do believe you should be able to OMS this as well. OMS for those that dont know is basically having the store order for you to pick up at a bestbuy of your choice. It the bestbuy you choose doesnt have it, they will get one shipped there with an expected delivery date. Pay at the time of order in the store and use coupon. So no biggie if your store doesnt have it in stock.

Lexington, SC store has 1 copy left on shelf as of 7pm.[/QUOTE]

OMS rocks, luckily I got Witcher 2 and Kid Icarus on the order. That saved me because I missed Icarus selling out so quick because needed to sleep. If you can't find any stock that's your best bet at finding it right now.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Got it for $20 on Sunday. Got back $10 today without any hassle
BB is going to top the charts this year in my list!![/QUOTE]

I got such a hassle trying to get my ten bucks back and still didn't

Picked the last Witcher in Miami, bird road location also pricematched Sleeping Dogs(with DLC) and Darksiders 2 LE, plenty of copies left for both if anyone wanted to pricematch in that location.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Sorry for the ignorance, but OMS?[/QUOTE]

An OMS can done only by a Best Buy employee. I think of it as ordering items from Best Buy in-store either sent to your home or to a store, but you pay for the item in-store. This allows you to sometimes purchase out of stock at the store and online, while allowing you to use physical coupons or digital gamer coupons for purchase you made in-store. I just recently heard about when I was trying to buy Amalur, but it out of stock. So the gamer representative told me I could do an OMS to get it shipped to my house and use the gamer coupon at the same time last month.

[quote name='Version3']Picked the last Witcher in Miami, bird road location also pricematched Sleeping Dogs(with DLC) and Darksiders 2 LE, plenty of copies left for both if anyone wanted to pricematch in that location.[/QUOTE]

Wow how much did you end up paying for those 2?

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Sorry for the ignorance, but OMS?[/QUOTE]

Look up one post and read the quote. It's something the employee has to do on their end. They won't offer it, you'll have to ask

[quote name='mars009']Wow how much did you end up paying for those 2?[/QUOTE]

Probably $60 like everyone else pricematching TRU.

That sucks the coupon is only for the MGS vita version. No chance on getting 15 off the ps3 version?

[quote name='shadowkast']Probably $60 like everyone else pricematching TRU.[/QUOTE]

Wow it works even on the CE edition of DS2, might have to think this one.

At lunch I called the 86th and Lex BB in NYC and asked them to hold a copy for me. Picked it up after work. I told the lady hang on while I sign in and claim the reward. She rung it up and was like, WOAH, HOLD UP! she took the coupon off somehow and it went back to the 40 dollar price. I think she just backed out my reward zone membership. I had to explain to her that it was a coupon for @Gamer members. I had to show her my phone where I claimed the offer, etc. She finally rung it through.

It seriously baffles me how Best Buy employees are clueless about their own business.

I almost wish I worked at Best Buy for a second job. I would rock people's faces off and be in the know of every deal, every promo and how to treat customers properly!

That being said, got a copy with the book (no tee sadly) for 10.88 out the door!

Satisfied

[quote name='usagi']An OMS can done only by a Best Buy employee. I think of it as ordering items from Best Buy in-store either sent to your home or to a store, but you pay for the item in-store. This allows you to sometimes purchase out of stock at the store and online, while allowing you to use physical coupons or digital gamer coupons for purchase you made in-store. I just recently heard about when I was trying to buy Amalur, but it out of stock. So the gamer representative told me I could do an OMS to get it shipped to my house and use the gamer coupon at the same time last month.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, very cool. Thanks for the explanation!

Is there a way to activate the coupon over the phone? I can't access my account and by the time they'll restore access I fear this opportunity to get Witcher 2 for $10 will have expired.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Is there a way to activate the coupon over the phone? I can't access my account and by the time they'll restore access I fear this opportunity to get Witcher 2 for $10 will have expired.[/QUOTE]

If you download the best buy app(not sure if it's on android, I downloaded it on iOS.), you can view and claim the offers found under the rewards section. Gluck!

There were 2 copies at the store in El Centro, California at exactly 6 PM. After I picked mine up there's only one more. As for how the offer is applied, the cashier just needs to scan the item first, then put your reward zone information and the discount will apply. If somehow he or she inputs your info first, and then scans the item, the offer won't be shown. Anywho, this is one of the best deals ever. Best Buy has made me forgot about Amazon by far.

[quote name='mars009']Wow it works even on the CE edition of DS2, might have to think this one.[/QUOTE]

Limited Edition, not Collector's Edition.

[quote name='mars009']Wow it works even on the CE edition of DS2, might have to think this one.[/QUOTE]

He said LE, not CE. I assume he means first run best buy exclusive copy being the LE. The CE has the mask/statute

[quote name='shadowkast']He said LE, not CE. I assume he means first run best buy exclusive copy being the LE. The CE has the mask/statute[/QUOTE]

Yeah my bad :drool:

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']If you download the best buy app(not sure if it's on android, I downloaded it on iOS.), you can view and claim the offers found under the rewards section. Gluck![/QUOTE]

Nah, same thing: I can't log into my account.

You know. BBY really needs to school employees on gamers club. Like nobody at the 2 best buys I normally go to really knows anything about it. I also tell them I redeemed an offer on my phone and it's like I get blank stares.

Just incase anyone was thinking what I was: had best buy pm target $34.99 for max Payne and then apply the $30 off reward zone coupon but it doest work, it will over ride the pm and just make it $29.99, was trying to get it for under $10 but o well hopefully bb puts it on sale before it expires lol :)

So you can only redeem these offers once? I picked up Witcher 2 on Sunday, but not sure if I want to go through the hassle of getting my $10 back.

[quote name='gunstar808']So you can only redeem these offers once? .[/QUOTE]

You know, it always said "one per person" but you used to be able to redeem multiple times. Not sure if that's not true anymore or people just assume it won't work.

My local bestbuy had the game behind a 49.99 sticker today. The game was sold out so I didn't bother asking what the price of it actually was. Now I'm regretting that I didn't ask. I'm going to try some more Bestbuys tomorrow, hopefully it remains at 40.

Found a lone copy at a normally out of the way BBY that was on the way to a card game tonight. Grabbed it for the $10 and promptly returned it with my old 7/15 receipt for $50. Worked out since it wouldn't work as a direct PM and my copy was already opened. Plus, I didn't steal from anyone else getting the deal since i assume it would go back on a shelf in due time =]

can a fellow cag let me know if its only limit one per person to use these, id like to buy a couple more of these for some friends for xmas or bdays...thanks

Picked up my copy with my copy of KI dotd. Pretty cool content with the game to make it enhanced and a steal at $10. Now I just need to get around to playing the first one on pc that I picked up on clearance years ago at Target.

There were 3 or 4 more copies left at the Independence, MO store in case anyone in the area is interested.

I got one tonight. Damn computer mucked up the first and second time. First time it didn't say I was in the GC, she tried doing it again but didn't work. Go to CS and my RZ info wouldn't come up on that compter. Luckily on the third computer everything went smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back