$10 off PS3 Game Pre Order at Amazon (PS3 bundle buyers only)

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
I guess amazon is going to give everyone a $10 off credit for a preorder to make up for the wrong description of their bundle
You will receive an email from amazon with a code inside- Here are a list of games that you can use the code on (offer expires 12/31/2010)

LittleBigPlanet 2
LittleBigPlanet 2 CE
Killzone 3
Killzone 3 collectors edition
Twisted Metal
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus
Resistance 3
Infamous 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000639131
Socom 4

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I guess amazon is going to give everyone a $10 off credit for a preorder to make up for the wrong description of their bundle
You will receive an email from amazon with a code inside- Here are a list of games that you can use the code on (offer expires 12/31/2010)

LittleBigPlanet 2
LittleBigPlanet 2 CE
Killzone 3
Killzone 3 collectors edition
Twisted Metal
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus
Resistance 3
Infamous 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Socom 4[/QUOTE]

I just received the email too. That's the worse offer I saw.
I saw on Amazon PS3 bundle page that some buyers got $30 credit and one got $60 refund. We just get $10 and can only be used to pre-order those games I don't plan to pre-order. =(

[quote name='chiat']I just received the email too. That's the worse offer I saw.
I saw on Amazon PS3 bundle page that some buyers got $30 credit and one got $60 refund. We just get $10 and can only be used to pre-order those games I don't plan to pre-order. =([/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. This is the worst...:bomb:

[quote name='chiat']I just received the email too. That's the worse offer I saw.
I saw on Amazon PS3 bundle page that some buyers got $30 credit and one got $60 refund. We just get $10 and can only be used to pre-order those games I don't plan to pre-order. =([/QUOTE]
Yeah i was one of the ones who got $30 refunded

Got that email too. Really disappointing. Not sure if it's worth getting a full copy of the GOTY but I would have thought we'd get the PSN credits to download the extra crap we're supposed to have gotten.

still a good deal. wish they offered regular video game credit.

i will keep mine, unless i get a sony tv and ps3 bundle at bestbuys.

[quote name='bredbu']excuse my ignorance but what was wrong with amazon's ps3 bundles[/QUOTE]

There was a mix up about Uncharted 2 vs. Uncharted 2 GotY

Good work Amazon, way to catch on only after they've all been shipped out and there are no competing deals and have a lousy offer to "make up" for it.

[quote name='o_O']There was a mix up about Uncharted 2 vs. Uncharted 2 GotY[/QUOTE]

Yea, that clarification in the OP would have been useful. ;) I bought the family bundle last week, mainly because I already have U2 and the games in the family bundle had a higher trade-in value (got $35 from Amazon for them).

wow that was quick, complained about the $10 credit and got a $45 refund.

Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear that you received the regular version of the game even though you order the Uncharted 2 Game of The Year Edition. This usually doesn't happen.

If you're interested in keeping the regular version, I'd like to offer you a refund of $45.00. To accept this refund, let us know and we'll issue the refund to you.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.com

If you'd prefer to return the item for a full refund or a replacement, please visit our Online Returns Center:

http://www.amazon.com/returns

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

I'm committed to providing world class customer service. Please tell me how I did by clicking the appropriate link below.

Did I solve your problem?

I got 20 bucks credit when I called. Maybe I should've went for more. Either way, I'm fairly happy. Still wish I had the GOTY edition.

[quote name='Amblix']wow that was quick, complained about the $10 credit and got a $45 refund.[/QUOTE]

Did you call or email them back again?

Thanks. I'll try emailing them again and see what they offer. The whole difference in compensation is what's really ticking me off. Some people are getting $20 back; some $40; some a whole new copy of the game.

What you get back seems to be based almost completely upon who you talk to. Of course being friendly probably helps.

I just politely but firmly raged on them in an email, so we'll see what happens. Better get your emails/phone calls in now before they lock down their response to this with only the bullshit $10 off select preorder crap offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any of you guys have to email the Amazon CS staff the screen caps for the sale for them to believe you? I have mine ready to go if I have to.

I emailed to apply the $10 to an existing pre-order (ICO collection), but just shot off another email that maybe they should offer everyone vouchers for the content...or $35 in credit for any game we want, since that's how much the DLC is worth. Kind of disappointing, but I'd rather do business with Amazon than anyone else.

The bundle was still a good deal, but it is sorta lame that some people have gotten as much as a $60 refund and other people get nothing but the mass-email preorder coupon. I sent off an email asking for some kind of credit, given the stated $35 worth of extras in the GotY version, waiting on a reply now.

I might have got the nicest customer service rep ever. She gave me a $40 credit so I could order Uncharted 2 GOTY and she also said I could keep the regular version that they sent me.

[quote name='7dustfan']I might have got the nicest customer service rep ever. She gave me a $40 credit so I could order Uncharted 2 GOTY and she also said I could keep the regular version that they sent me.[/QUOTE]

Did you call or email?

And what'd you say to her

[quote name='karkyco']Better get your emails/phone calls in now before they lock down their response to this with only the bullshit $10 off select preorder crap offer.[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't even shipped yet. Should I email in advance (knowing what I'm going to get) or what?

Just sent an email pointing out how unfair it is that they give us $10 credit towards a set list of pre-orders when the downloadable content that should've come with the GOTY edition adds up to around $35.

Hopefully I get a cool CS rep.

First time I emailed them, they thought I wanted to mail back the entire console. :/ Uh, no. Hopefully something better will be offered.

[quote name='1Sail0r']Did you call or email?

And what'd you say to her[/QUOTE]

I called and just explained that they sent the wrong version and that I didn't think the $10 off of a pre-order that I didn't want was fair. And it was a $45 credit, not $40 like I mentioned before.

[quote name='7dustfan']I called and just explained that they sent the wrong version and that I didn't think the $10 off of a pre-order that I didn't want was fair. And it was a $45 credit, not $40 like I mentioned before.[/QUOTE]

I did this and got a $30 credit. They should of just gave us $10 to preorder anything. I would of gotten MvC3

I just shot an e-mail off, hopefully it works.

This has been a big fiasco. Amazon has really screwed up here, and their solution was laughable.

Hope you guys get some better treatment than this, a $10 pre-order credit is a ridiculous solution.

All they have to do is offer anyone who wants to switch to return the non-GotY copy for the GotY copy -or- receive a straight up $10 credit.

I just chatted with an online rep telling them I was disappointed in the offer, and here is part of my conversation:

Amazon: "I have checked on your order. And would like to inform you that, it was an incorrect e-mail. You will receive a communication from the Video Game team by Tuesday, 11/30. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Me: "So they are going to send out another e-mail today besides the one they already sent?"

Amazon: "Yes"

I'm not sure he/she knew what they were talking about, but we'll see what happens.

[quote name='pugs1208']I just chatted with an online rep telling them I was disappointed in the offer, and here is part of my conversation:

Amazon: "I have checked on your order. And would like to inform you that, it was an incorrect e-mail. You will receive a communication from the Video Game team by Tuesday, 11/30. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Me: "So they are going to send out another e-mail today besides the one they already sent?"

Amazon: "Yes"

I'm not sure he/she knew what they were talking about, but we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful, it's already 11 pm on the east coast.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Doubtful, it's already 11 pm on the east coast.[/QUOTE]

I agree on doubtful, but I think Amazon runs on west coast time so who knows. I'll probably be contacting them again tomorrow...

Got the $60 refund, so no complaints from me here even though the GOTY version was the secondary reason why I went for this bundle (the $25 credit being first of course). Glad I got a cool rep.

And I'll probably take advantage of this now that I got an e-mail for it. I don't know whether to go for LittleBigPlanet 2 or Infamous 2. I think I'll wait till I try the first Infamous out before I decide.

Havent received my bundle yet (though I just checked it and it has shipped), but sent off an email anyway based on the $10 pre-order promo code email that they sent me acknowledging the GOTY issue. Hope I get something out of this, really was looking forward to that GOTY...

On another note, when do they send the separate $25 credit for games that came with the bundle? Thanks.

[quote name='CENNY']
On another note, when do they send the separate $25 credit for games that came with the bundle? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they send it right after they ship your order. That's when I got mine.

Thanks. Is it emailed to you, or is it automatically applied to your account and taken off when you make another game order?

[quote name='CENNY']Thanks. Is it emailed to you, or is it automatically applied to your account and taken off when you make another game order?[/QUOTE]

you will get an email with a unique code inside

So i just got off the phone with Amazon, and was told that there will be an additional email that is going to be sent on Friday with additional concessions. My CSR, who didn't really seem to have a clue, read a memo sent out to all of the CSRs telling them no additional adjustments will be made as this compensation in an email on Friday is supposed to fix everything. I'm not holding my breath.

Interesting. Why wait until Friday for another update? This whole deal sounds like it's going to get even more strange. Place your bets on what we get. I say we will most likely get an expired coupon for 50 cents off Shake-n-Bake.

bread's done
Back