$10 Off Select Games at CC

HyundaiJVX

CAGiversary!
I have yet to see this coupon on here so I decided I would post it for everyone to enjoy...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1188/1089020639_a545080277_b.jpg

It's $10 off any of the games they are playing for that World Cyber Games thing.

If you can find Need for Speed Carbon for PC it is clearance for $11 and the coupon brings it to $1. True CAG style baby.

If I didn't link that right, then... um... I'm sure one of you will let me know.

Edit; actually here is a link for Need for Speed on CC.com...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Need...65317/catOid/-16501/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

That's $3.73 shipped.

[quote name='psyanide82']Dead or Alive for 20 and change...I might bite...any negative thoughts toward DOA4?[/quote]

i've got negative thoughts towards CC

Thank you for your valuable insight. Personal qualms aside, anybody else have thoughts on DEAD OR ALIVE 4, not Circuit City. Sorry Scorch, but I pretty much don't have any need toward your comment.

[quote name='psyanide82']Thank you for your valuable insight. Personal qualms aside, anybody else have thoughts on DEAD OR ALIVE 4, not Circuit City. Sorry Scorch, but I pretty much don't have any need toward your comment.[/quote]

Awesome.

Anyway, no. DOA4 is a fantastic game, and more people should pick it up so I can have people to whoop on on XBox Live. It's a short game and it's not worth it all unless you have XBox Live. It takes about fifteen minutes to beat the game with one person. I strongly dislike fighters but I love DOA4. It's fantastic. If you have XBox Live, don't hesitate.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Damn, I recently bough AOEIII: Warchiefs expansion for $10, and I could have got it for FREE! That irks me...[/quote]

couldn't you just buy it again with the coupon and then return it with your old receipt?

$20 for DOA4 new is tempting

[quote name='psyanide82']Dead or Alive for 20 and change...I might bite...any negative thoughts toward DOA4?[/QUOTE]
Other than having one of the cheapest final bosses ever, and that Itagaki is a dick, no. Great game other than that cheating alpha bitch.

oh god yeah. that jello lady final boss was a pain in the ass! i'd clear the first stages in seven minutes and then by the time i'd beat her it would be 30 minutes. if it weren't for that and the fact that everyone online is rediculously better than me i would have really enjoyed this game.

Awesome, was waiting to grab DOA4 at $19.. thanks, OP! Even if CC sucks, this strikes me as a good loss-leader that they probably aren't making money off me for it. Would've gotten NFS:C ($4 seems like a decent price ;) ) but no store near me had it in stock and they were OOS online. :/

NFS is only available for in-store pickup right now. . . but only a little over a dollar. Don't know if I will get up there before in-store pickup expires, but for a $1. . .

grrr, decided I'd try to order with in-store pickup for NFS:C last night for a store a ways out of the way (but figured a $1 game I wanted would pay for itself, just had to figure out when to go get it) and it wouldn't let me order from any local store (closed and couldn't check inventory).. so I figured I'd wait til this morning and try again...

Now it's OOS online entirely, and won't let me put in the in-store pickup, even though I had it in my cart, and I doubt ANYONE was able to order locally (since the stores still aren't open) so they're probably still in stock.. anyone know if there's any way to get around that? None of the stores are close enough to "drop in" and see if they'd accept a printout of the coupon (Which I doubt)...

I know, I've ordered before when the stores were closed, but nothing within about 35 miles would let me, saying they couldn't confirm inventory when the store was closed. I didn't go much farther out as it was getting a little ridiculous. ;)

Maybe if inventory is only at 1 or 2 they don't let you order unless the store's open, or they do an inventory refresh...

yeah, any chance we could take a stand against CC deals here? I'd love to see the community as a whole take a stand as not even wanting to give them the time of day, Loss-leaders or not.

[quote name='daroga']yeah, any chance we could take a stand against CC deals here? I'd love to see the community as a whole take a stand as not even wanting to give them the time of day, Loss-leaders or not.[/QUOTE]

The problem though is that the "community as a whole" doesn't support all this backlash against Circuit City. I, for one, will continue to shop there and would really enjoy hearing about more deals from them in the future.

Yeah, how about no? Speedy may be in trouble, but it's not stopping me from going there. If I remember correctly, he has once stated before that he was capable of getting in trouble for revealing these things in advance with any of the retailers he's releasing ads for if he was ever found out.

I really do appreciate Speedy for everything he's been doing for us, but I'm still up for seeing deals and what not. Circuit City has saved me a ton of money with their clearances and sales.

I can understand select people not wanting to shop at CC, but asking for a site-wide ban on CC deals? That's a bit far.

[quote name='Tsukento']Yeah, how about no? Speedy may be in trouble, but it's not stopping me from going there. If I remember correctly, he has once stated before that he was capable of getting in trouble for revealing these things in advance with any of the retailers he's releasing ads for if he was ever found out.

I really do appreciate Speedy for everything he's been doing for us, but I'm still up for seeing deals and what not. Circuit City has saved me a ton of money with their clearances and sales.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I mean I really appreciated what Speedy did for us, it was really awesome, but he knew there were potential consequences for his actions and he continued them anyway. I hope everything works out well for him but its not like this whole thing was an accident or something that he didn't know could come back to him.

[quote name='kevzik']How in the hell do you guys get in store pick up to work with games? I have never done this...[/quote]I'm not aware of that working for CC. I've done it with Best Buy all the time.

[quote name='kevzik']How in the hell do you guys get in store pick up to work with games? I have never done this...[/QUOTE]

It was there as an option this morning for me. It actually worked better than the Best Buy site. You fill in your Zip code, select add to cart for the store you want to get it from and checkout like normal.

Walked in, handed them my card, and they closed out the transaction.

In and out in 3 minutes.

Easy as can be.

fuck CC and fuck those who support them... unless your getting clearanced games or anything that doesn't give them a profit.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']fuck CC and fuck those who support them... unless your getting clearanced games or anything that doesn't give them a profit.[/QUOTE]

Consider myself fuck 'ed then.

speedy did much for CheapAssGamer particularly in free advertising for the site (due to his posting), which in turn brought more people with more knowledge about more deals. All of which has helped each of you. Is price matching to other stores and sticking to clearance items really that much to ask?

You wish to be treated to the work of individuals without recognizing and supporting the individual.

I really do appreciate Speedy for everything he's been doing for us, but I'm still up for seeing deals and what not.
And it just so happens that many of us do not choose to see deals that enriches a company that screwed arguably the site's biggest contributor. I wonder how exactly your appreciation for speedy manifests itself, if I may be so bold as to inquire..

You and everyone else on the site have every right to post and discuss CC deals. The rest of us have every right to remind would-be CC customers of their choice to sue a fellow CAG and hope that they would side with community over self-interest in what is otherwise a very trivial issue.

We should all support Speedy. If you MUST shop at C.C. use coupons to make ur purchase a loss for the store. fuck C.C.

AND when they have the $20 giftcard if they dont have the game, always stop in take em for all their worth!

does anybody just buy things outright from circuit city, not on clearance or by price matching insane deals(which most of the time are misprints at other stores) I know i dont....

[quote name='psyanide82']Dead or Alive for 20 and change...I might bite...any negative thoughts toward DOA4?[/QUOTE]

Lots of negative thoughts, but none that would stop me from buying it for $20--this is the right price point for DOA4.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']fuck CC and fuck those who support them... unless your getting clearanced games or anything that doesn't give them a profit.[/quote]

Here here!!

Yeah I'd agree. It's not that hard to PM your stuff at other stores. I bought Bioshock today at CompUSA with a PM from CC.

But...getting other stores to recognize clearance prices could be a hassle. I still don't think I'd buy it from CC though, even if the prices are good.

My local CC had PH version = i hated it. I may get walmart pricematch $10 off & pickup regular cover version if not i pickup PH at CC & Original version at Walmart then returen PH at walmart. :)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']We should all support Speedy. If you MUST shop at C.C. use coupons to make ur purchase a loss for the store. fuck C.C.
[/QUOTE]

:lol: Speedy has been amazing, but you do realize that even if every CAG(what, 5,000?) stopped buying full retail games at CC, which we don't anyway, we aren't even a blip on their radar. Boycotting will accomplish nothing from a CAG perspective.

Now it is another thing if you are considering a non-media purchase like a TV or computer, but as it stands the very few of you boycotting over game deals are accomplishing nothing but missing deals.

I don't believe that Circuit City will win it's case against Speedy, but if they do it just means that Best Buy and Target would probably perform the same legal action.

Will you stop shopping at all of those places if they sue as well?

[quote name='daroga']yeah, any chance we could take a stand against CC deals here? I'd love to see the community as a whole take a stand as not even wanting to give them the time of day, Loss-leaders or not.[/QUOTE]

No, we won't be doing that. People can make their own choices on where to shop.

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: Speedy has been amazing, but you do realize that even if every CAG(what, 5,000?) stopped buying full retail games at CC, which we don't anyway, we aren't even a blip on their radar. Boycotting will accomplish nothing from a CAG perspective.

Now it is another thing if you are considering a non-media purchase like a TV or computer, but as it stands the very few of you boycotting over game deals are accomplishing nothing but missing deals.[/QUOTE]

This is true. But it's the principle. We all know that we really can't do anything. The only thing that we can do is decide to not shop there.

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: Speedy has been amazing, but you do realize that even if every CAG(what, 5,000?) stopped buying full retail games at CC, which we don't anyway, we aren't even a blip on their radar. Boycotting will accomplish nothing from a CAG perspective.[/quote]

That's not true. I've bought stuff at CC in the last three months at retail simply because there are certain items that I won't buy second hand and I don't want to wait for a deal. Stuff with big fat margins and I know it. Also, many CAGers are the kind of savvy consumers that family and friends discuss deals with, particularly concerning electronics. That affects the bottom line. Will it put them under? No. Does it have to to be effective, not to mention the right thing to do?

And maybe this website's users shouldn't be viewed by others exclusively through a "CAG perspective", if you get my meaning. There is a real human being being sought and sued by a less-than-couth corporation.

Now it is another thing if you are considering a non-media purchase like a TV or computer, but as it stands the very few of you boycotting over game deals are accomplishing nothing but missing deals.

Price match FTW. Clearance items are loss leaders and no problem to those of us in the CAG community that take issue with CC. What's the problem with that suggestion? CAG has also consulted an attorney, likely resulting in fees and/or possible retainer for the future. Is that not also an issue?

I'm just sayin, when you add it up, is it worth $5 in savings to get behind this thing? I can't see why everyone isn't on board. Seems very reasonable to me.

[quote name='psunami']I don't believe that Circuit City will win it's case against Speedy, but if they do it just means that Best Buy and Target would probably perform the same legal action.[/quote]

Perhaps a few more emails to the executive levels of CC will influence their decision. Have you *at least* done that?

Will you stop shopping at all of those places if they sue as well?

Yes. I choose community over self-interest. Plain and simple.

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: Speedy has been amazing, but you do realize that even if every CAG(what, 5,000?) stopped buying full retail games at CC, which we don't anyway, we aren't even a blip on their radar. Boycotting will accomplish nothing from a CAG perspective.

Now it is another thing if you are considering a non-media purchase like a TV or computer, but as it stands the very few of you boycotting over game deals are accomplishing nothing but missing deals.[/quote]

Actually I think I read in the Kotaku article about this that CAG has 100,000+ registered users.

Picked up my copy of DOA4 for $19.99+tax today, after a bit of waiting. Turns out the UPC on the flyer is for the PC games, so it took a bit of searching by CC employees to find the XBox360 code, which they never did. Instead they just manually knocked off $10. Got the Non-GH copy too :).

As for Speedy/CC, the issue hasn't amounted to much aside from CAGs choosing sides. Need I remind you all that taking sides and not shopping at CC does NOTHING for Speedy, we've all done nothing but bicker at one another on whether or not we're affecting CC's sales.

WHO fuckING CARES. A fellow CAG is the one that needs our help. Instead of not spending your money at CC, why not donate to helping Speedy's cause. I'd rather see a lawyer defend Speedy successfully than us attempting to hurt CC's bottom line and Speedy paying the price from our lack of unity.

Shop at CC, be a CheapAssGamer to the core, it's what we are, it's what unites us. But rally behind Speedy, rally behind the effort to support him, a single man, a single CAG. Boycotting CC is NOT doing that, but donating to a "Save Speedy" fund (if one exists, or if donating is your thing) will.

Thank CheapyD for jumping to Speedy's defense, and help out. Rally behind Speedy and CheapyD, and let's fight this as a community...not in CC's bank account or store floors, but in court, where the REAL FIGHT is, and the REAL CONSEQUENCES WILL BE DEALT.

~HotShotX

Their clearance bin was crap, didn't even have a game worth buying, not to mention none of the games listed in this thread.

Definetly a YMMV

[quote name='HotShotX']
Thank CheapyD for jumping to Speedy's defense, and help out. Rally behind Speedy and CheapyD, and let's fight this as a community...not in CC's bank account or store floors, but in court, where the REAL FIGHT is, and the REAL CONSEQUENCES WILL BE DEALT.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree. It's great that Cheapy is jumping to his defense. Speedy even helps me maintain a bargain thread on another forum...or did. But this is a sinking ship. If CC can locate speedy, he loses. He swipes, aka steals, ads early to our benefit. Kudos to him for doing so. We have all benefitted from it.

Seems pretty black and white to me. Me spending $10 on the clearance bin doesn't affect this either way. If he comes into actual trouble and needs funds for legal aide, then donating may be in order, but boycotting does nothing.

[quote name='speedracer']
Perhaps a few more emails to the executive levels of CC will influence their decision. Have you *at least* done that? [/QUOTE]

No. I don't believe that my opinion in the matter will sway their opinion in any way at all. Why should it? One person who spends maybe $200 a year on clearance items saying that they will never shop at a store again will be regarded with a laugh.

[quote name='speedracer']
Yes. I choose community over self-interest. Plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, but in this case you're really not putting Speedy's or Cheapy's best interests first. You're saving your own money but not really helping them, if that's what you want to do.

HotShotX has it right. If you want to help, help pay for the lawyers to defend Cheapy and Speedy. Otherwise, you're wasting your breath.

bread's done
Back