$10 off select Playstation 3 Accessories

It's a damn shame people will spend $40 on a keypad when they can spend $10 on a usb keyboard to plug in.

The price for the PS3 controllers are the same they have been. I know because I bought one over the weekend for that price.

[quote name='maguszxz']Damn it!. I just bought this last night for 20 bucks. A day early and 5 bucks over.[/QUOTE]

send them an email or call. if it hasn't shipped yet (which i doubt it did) they'll give you a price adjustment

[quote name='typical guy']The price for the PS3 controllers are the same they have been. I know because I bought one over the weekend for that price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right. I've been watching intently waiting for some type of price drop and got excited when I saw the OP. Then sadface when I realized it's all the same price for the past week or so. :/

EDIT: I'm secretly hoping Amazon would realize it's been the same price and then drop it another $10... haha

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wilflare']is the Bluray remote any good?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I feel like I effectively navigate the menus using my controller and the idea of having another remote sitting around the house doesn't exactly excite me but if it's really good and makes the process more enjoyable then maybe I would get it. The price is certainly more reasonable right now.

[quote name='typical guy']I'm wondering the same thing. I feel like I effectively navigate the menus using my controller and the idea of having another remote sitting around the house doesn't exactly excite me but if it's really good and makes the process more enjoyable then maybe I would get it. The price is certainly more reasonable right now.[/QUOTE]I use mine for BluRay movies, to navigate the PS Store and to navigate through menus and make setting changes.

It doesn't work for some applications like Vudu Movies, so it's not 100% useful for every single application.

If you do a lot of movie watching on the PS3, I think it's a worthwhile pickup for $15.

[quote name='wilflare']is the Bluray remote any good?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a remote. And it controls the PS3 and stuff. If you like remotes then you'll like this remote.

Seriously, $10 for a PS3 stand?! MY PS3 CAN STAND ON ITS OWN I DON'T BABY IT! $70 for an HDMI + USB cable?! Those cables better plug into my eyes and navel respectively and give me the full 1080p 3D experience! They crazy...

[quote name='Armads']It's a damn shame people will spend $40 on a keypad when they can spend $10 on a usb keyboard to plug in.[/QUOTE]

how are they even comparable? You realize the chatpad is much more practical than switching between the controller and keyboard. Not to mention the fact that the keypad doubles as a trackpad. Oh and it's WIRELESS.

[quote name='shrike4242']
If you do a lot of movie watching on the PS3, I think it's a worthwhile pickup for $15.[/QUOTE]

I concur, 100%.

[quote name='shrike4242'] If you do a lot of movie watching on the PS3, I think it's a worthwhile pickup for $15.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I watch a lot of movies on my PS3 and it's much easier to navigate when you have a controller. Doesn't seem to eat battery life quickly at all, I've been on my first pair since buying the remote more than a year ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PS3 Remote is great and way better then the xbox one. It's a must have if your a major movie watcher or have a girlfriend that doesn't like to use the controller :lol:. This sale is crap and does Amazon really think we don't know that the prices are the same?

just to make sure, has the blu ray remote been on sale cheaper then $15 that much? i don't watch too many blu rays yet, so i didn't need one immediately, but i do plan to start using it more (upgraded netflix account to include blurays), so i planned to have one eventually

$15 is the cheapest I have seen it, that's what I purchased my original one for 2 years ago when a bunch of PS3 accessories were on sale. Thanks OP, need to pick-up another remote for the 2nd PS3 slim I purchased.

I see Amazon has the pink controller now, I've been looking to get one of those for my niece's birthday next week but where is the $10 discount? I bought a silver controller from amazon for the same price a couple of months ago

The only complaint I have for the BD controller is that it drains battery very quickly... Don't expect this controller to work like your normal IR controllers (aka most TV controllers). This is a Blue Tooth controller, you don't need to be in front of the TV to use it. It use to be free with the PS3 back in the $600 days :lol:

I wish they have the Move rifle accessory :whistle2:(

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I see Amazon has the pink controller now, I've been looking to get one of those for my niece's birthday next week but where is the $10 discount? I bought a silver controller from amazon for the same price a couple of months ago[/QUOTE]

I want to buy one for my girlfriend...

I know damn well I'll use it WAY more than her, and want it myself!

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I see Amazon has the pink controller now, I've been looking to get one of those for my niece's birthday next week but where is the $10 discount? I bought a silver controller from amazon for the same price a couple of months ago[/QUOTE]

That's what we've all been saying about the Dualshock 3. I've been waiting and waiting for a price drop/discount. Ah well. I'm going to pick one of these suckers up anyways.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I want to buy one for my girlfriend...

I know damn well I'll use it WAY more than her, and want it myself![/QUOTE]

I want to pick up a pink one for my fiancee... Dang you Amazon.

The $10 discount is already there, you're looking at it :) It's not something you'll see at the final checkout page or click a coupon or a coupon code...

Damn, I was hoping it was an additional $10 off. Been looking to get the new bluetooth headset and it's been $40 for the longest. Not really a deal in my book...

[quote name='typical guy']The price for the PS3 controllers are the same they have been. I know because I bought one over the weekend for that price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and if you're just looking for a basic controller without Sixaxis support the Nyko Core Corded PS3 controllers are excellent and just $20 normally.

It seems like everybody so far is giving praise for the official PS3 remote, but I have to advise against it. If you press ANY FREAKING BUTTON, it turns on the PS3. There's no way to disable this functionality. We keep a bunch of remotes in a bowl on our coffee table, and just setting another remote on top of the PS3 one will usually turn the PS3 on.

After about a year of dealing with this frustration, I picked up one of these instead: http://www.amazon.com/BluWave-Infra...H7KE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293467844&sr=8-1. Only $12.19. It has a dongle and the PS3 thinks it's a controller, so by default it's controller 1. Past that, it's pretty good and doesn't have the above-mentioned problem, so it's the winner in my book.

Anybody think the vertical stand for $10 is a decent deal? I read some people saying it's bad for the ps3 to be vertical. Any thoughts?

@ abilyk: I've never even heard of that happening before, and it certainly isn't the norm; you may just have a faulty controller.

@ spockblocker: Yes, keeping any system vertical is bad, they are all designed to be kept horizontal. Granted, ps3's aren't as bad as 360's which actually block a fan when upright, but it still causes unnecessary wear on the disk. With the system horizontal, the weight of the disc is spread across the entire surface area, whereas on its side the weight it all on the bottom edge, which will, naturally, wear down with time. Unless the insides of a ps3 are somehow designed to cradle it, which I'd be unaware of.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Anybody think the vertical stand for $10 is a decent deal? I read some people saying it's bad for the ps3 to be vertical. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Stand have always been a rip off. Remember the horizontal stand for the PS2? Was that really necessary?

At least with the PS2, they made it look cool with a glowing blue edge...but these PS3 ones are not only useless, but boring to look at.

what are you talking about? the ps3 is wobbly as hell even on a totally flat surface. the official stand makes it more sturdy, unlike the crappy 3rd party stands that don't even have a locking mechanism.

btw, the stand is back in stock after being oos this morning. the remote just went oos though

"Yes, keeping any system vertical is bad, they are all designed to be kept horizontal," according to knickers.
It wasn't designed to be kept horizontal at all. the slot loading, magnetic drive was designed to work whether vertical or horizontal. The ps3 should be kept vertical anyway to avoid overheating (which should be your chief concern).

[quote name='Serpentor']The only complaint I have for the BD controller is that it drains battery very quickly... Don't expect this controller to work like your normal IR controllers (aka most TV controllers). This is a Blue Tooth controller, you don't need to be in front of the TV to use it.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've had mine for probably 2.5 years since I bought my PS3 and we've changed the batteries once. I only use it for Bluray navigation and Netflix here recently.

To those of you planning on getting the remote I will put another vote in favor of it. One more thing to keep in mind is that the buttons do not light up and there is little color or shape differentiation so for people like me who try to turn on sub-titles in the dark may stumble a little until you learn where the button is.

[quote name='egonpax']Dang it. Went to lunch and came back to find out that the pink DS3 (for my fiancee) is now OOS. Grr.[/QUOTE]

You can still order it dawg, it'll probably just take an extra day or 2 to get to you.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']You can still order it dawg, it'll probably just take an extra day or 2 to get to you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Yeah I went ahead and ordered it. It's not that big of a deal to wait a few extra days.

[quote name='Ardrid']Damn, I was hoping it was an additional $10 off. Been looking to get the new bluetooth headset and it's been $40 for the longest. Not really a deal in my book...[/QUOTE]

Me too. At $39.99, this is only about $2 off what the headset has been selling for on Amazon for weeks. Disappointing, but I may still pick it up since I had this on my wish list this year and never got one. Tired of waiting, and I have credit to burn. It's better I use it on this than on another game to add to my backlog...

[quote name='nnickers']@ abilyk: I've never even heard of that happening before, and it certainly isn't the norm; you may just have a faulty controller.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking about a controller, I was talking about the remote control. I've done quite a bit of searching online, and everything I've seen tells me that all of the first party remotes are like this -- pressing ANY button turns the system on.

So, you are talking about a controller, right?

[quote name='PublikDefender']what are you talking about? the ps3 is wobbly as hell even on a totally flat surface. the official stand makes it more sturdy, unlike the crappy 3rd party stands that don't even have a locking mechanism.

btw, the stand is back in stock after being oos this morning. the remote just went oos though

"Yes, keeping any system vertical is bad, they are all designed to be kept horizontal," according to knickers.
It wasn't designed to be kept horizontal at all. the slot loading, magnetic drive was designed to work whether vertical or horizontal. The ps3 should be kept vertical anyway to avoid overheating (which should be your chief concern).[/QUOTE]

I dunno, it doesn't look that wobbly to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTBVw_5eb7o

[quote name='abilyk']I wasn't talking about a controller, I was talking about the remote control. I've done quite a bit of searching online, and everything I've seen tells me that all of the first party remotes are like this -- pressing ANY button turns the system on.

So, you are talking about a controller, right?[/QUOTE]

Oh, ya my mistake, thought you were talking about the ds3. And publikdefender, how does keeping the system vertical help prevent overheating?

I got my hopes up when I saw the $10 off then I saw the actual price of the DS3's, which it has been for weeks, if not months. It's good that they have the pink DS3 though, might get it somewhere down the line.

I bought the PS3 vertical stand yesterday from Amazon because it was in my quickpicks for about $17.50. When I saw that it had actually dropped in price today I e-mailed Amazon to get a price match and they've replied that they won't extend it to me since it's already left for shipping [literally today]. Can I just refuse the package when it gets delivered? I swear I've read that Amazon gives people trouble for refusing packages, and I'm hoping someone here can inform me what to do from experience.

Might pick up the PS3 Stand for when i have the system in my room. Laying it horizontal just takes up to much room on my computer desk.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I bought the PS3 vertical stand yesterday from Amazon because it was in my quickpicks for about $17.50. When I saw that it had actually dropped in price today I e-mailed Amazon to get a price match and they've replied that they won't extend it to me since it's already left for shipping [literally today]. Can I just refuse the package when it gets delivered? I swear I've read that Amazon gives people trouble for refusing packages, and I'm hoping someone here can inform me what to do from experience.[/QUOTE]

Ive refused several packages from them with no problem, the only problem you'd MIGHT get from is UPS, or the carrier.

[quote name='y2jasper']send them an email or call. if it hasn't shipped yet (which i doubt it did) they'll give you a price adjustment[/QUOTE]

they had already shipped it, when I found out about the new price.
Tough luck on me

[quote name='Armads']It's a damn shame people will spend $40 on a keypad when they can spend $10 on a usb keyboard to plug in.[/QUOTE]

I've recently spent some time in large chatroom groups. Let me tell you -- it's worth every penny.

I have the ps3 remote (I call it the blu mote at my house) and I think I would have been better off without it.

Pros
1. It's a remote
2. battery life is long
3. blue tooth
4. convenience
Cons
1. Price (I should have invested in another DS3)
2. Any button turns the ps3 on
3. There are so many buttons that do the same shit.
4. size could have been much smaller/thinner

If I spent 20 more I could have gotten another DS3. The only faults I can see using the DS3 like a remote is that you have to power it on and it's not in a shape of a remote. But the biggest advantage is that its another controller while the remote is only a remote. Think about it.

For those who were still interested in the Sony PS3 remote, it's back in stock. The link will show the new price of $19.82 but I just chatted with the Amazon customer service to request "please honor the advertised price of at least $10 off the list price". Got the remote for $14.99 and has already shipped. Amazon is awesome!

bread's done
Back