- Wipeout 2048
- Hot Shots Gold: World Invitational
- Little Deviants
- ModNation Racers: Roadtrip
- MLB 12 The Show
- Unit 13
- Reality Fighters

6954162755_345393be32_z.jpg

Offer good until 4/5/12, PowerUp Rewards Card required at time of discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
for the record does the free basic account work? I dont want to spend $15 for the pro PUR account since I never shopped at gamestop unless they have a cant miss deal.

Got the show using OP coupon and my PUR card. Also used a 10 dollar coupon that I got from a PUR redemption, they stacked. So got MLB Show 12 for Vita for 20 buck. Not bad.

Used it on Uncharted and I'll go back and do it for Wipeout likely. Gotta say I really love the Vita so far and hope it does well with what I consider a stellar launch line up.

Just got back from my gamestop. I did not even have a PUR card when I went, but I picked one up (free version) and the coupon worked on the same order with Unit 13.

[quote name='jedolley']Just got back from my gamestop. I did not even have a PUR card when I went, but I picked one up (free version) and the coupon worked on the same order with Unit 13.[/QUOTE]

what do you need to get the free PUR version? do they just need your email or do they want all the info to run a credit check. lol.

1st Store- MLB bundle-69.99
2nd Store- Asphalt Infection-19.99
3rd Store- Unit 13- 29.99
4th Store- Tried to get F1 but no go.

The guy told me this coupon is good until April 5th
Looking at GameStop possible games you could get.......

Little Big Planet 3/31
Supremacy MMA 3/27
Silent Hill 3/27
Ridge Racer 3/13
Reality Fighters 3/13

I fully intended to buy MLB 12 today with this coupon.. but ended up buying that PS3 tv bundle which came with the PS3 version anyway hehe.

I might still pick up the Vita version though, being able to link your dynasties and what not between the two is an amazing feature.

[quote name='lakers2008']what do you need to get the free PUR version? do they just need your email or do they want all the info to run a credit check. lol.[/QUOTE]

They asked for my phone number which pretty much had my other info (i.e. name and address) and the only other thing they asked for was my email.

I went to a local GS and tried using it on Katamari and no dice. Employee seemed kinda clueless and stuck to the "it's only for the games shown on the coupon" line :(

[quote name='jedolley']They asked for my phone number which pretty much had my other info (i.e. name and address) and the only other thing they asked for was my email.[/QUOTE]

ok. this was for the free account right not the pro?

[quote name='lakers2008']ok. this was for the free account right not the pro?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you have to have PRO because when he was testing a few games out to see which worked since they had no list in store, he just scanned the coupon and game, just tell them you forgot your card, I think the only thing it does is gets you your points.

[quote name='pun123']1st Store- MLB bundle-69.99
2nd Store- Asphalt Infection-19.99
3rd Store- Unit 13- 29.99
4th Store- Tried to get F1 but no go.

The guy told me this coupon is good until April 5th
Looking at GameStop possible games you could get.......

Little Big Planet 3/31
Supremacy MMA 3/27
Silent Hill 3/27
Ridge Racer 3/13
Reality Fighters 3/13[/QUOTE]

Wait a second, it says in the first post of this thread its only specific games, mainly only 1st party titles. Are you saying the coupon worked on Asphalt? A third party game?

Just picked up mlb for the vita. Judging by the look on the reps face, he had no idea about the coupon when i handed it to him. He took it and asked for my card. Scanned both and got the ten bucks off.... Thanks TC

Sorry if this has been mentioned in the thread but, I was attempting to use the code online and i noticed the expiration date was 5/5/12
If so that's awesome cause it gives more opportunities for cheaper games :lol:

[quote name='Slight Defect']Wait a second, it says in the first post of this thread its only specific games, mainly only 1st party titles. Are you saying the coupon worked on Asphalt? A third party game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it did, only 19.99. Its worth a try on any game since most sales staff seem to be clueless about the deal, next week might be harder but I'm going to try anyways.

Tried it on Luminees, did not work. Got it to work for Uncharted & Wipeout 2048 though, thanks op! Trying it on Hot Shots Golf tomorrow and hope it works.

Hmm, got denied on Unit 13 but it seems like others have gotten it to work? They scanned the coupon, my powerup card, and the game but no discount applied.

Picked up Modnation for $20. Was really hoping to get $10 on Lumines but it didn't work. I'm surprised since it was part of the B2G1 deal last time.

[quote name='rust in peace']Got it to work on Unit 13. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I almost got it today though gamestop doesn't seem to stock more than 2 copies of each vita game.

After reading the full review from IGN though I can't see why anyone would pay retail price $30+, when the game is essentially a bunch of mini-games and missions. There is no story...

Wasn't able to get Dynasty Warriors Next (really wanted that) or Touch My Katamari to work, but Unit 13 did. Not sure why I decided to pick it up as the demo was okay. Might see if I can return it at another store and pick up Wipeout instead.

[quote name='Romeo']Picked up Modnation for $20. Was really hoping to get $10 on Lumines but it didn't work. I'm surprised since it was part of the B2G1 deal last time.[/QUOTE]

Lumines wasn't in the B2G1 because it was only Sony titles that worked. And same with this coupon.

Oh I get it- so this is only for the suckers who bought a VIta at GameStop. Oh well, I got a free card with my wifi purchase which is much better than a measly $10 discount. Hope you guys feel...compensated...

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Oh I get it- so this is only for the suckers who bought a VIta at GameStop. Oh well, I got a free card with my wifi purchase which is much better than a measly $10 discount. Hope you guys feel...compensated...[/QUOTE]

If you read any of the posts you'd realize you're wrong.

Not just for the "suckers" that purchased from GS. I bought FEB from BB, took a picture of coupon, emailed to work pc, print, went to GS and purchased Unit 13. I think I am going to go back to get both Shows. Have not purchased a baseball game in years do concerned about difficulty and will I play the darn thing.

seriously? I called GameStop and the lady said I had to have purchased a Vita from there. The picture will work?

I'll try it

[quote name='Romeo']I almost got it today though gamestop doesn't seem to stock more than 2 copies of each vita game.

After reading the full review from IGN though I can't see why anyone would pay retail price $30+, when the game is essentially a bunch of mini-games and missions. There is no story...[/QUOTE]

Why do people like you INSIST that there has to be some story for it to be a good game? Why do you think games like Mario do exceptionally well both critically and commercially, when their stories are virtually nonexistent?

It's about how much FUN you have with a game (that's the point of a GAME, after all)

Want a story? Go watch a movie or read a book.

Thanks OP.

Took in Batman AC since they're giving $28 (~$31 with PUR card) for it this week, used this coupon and a $25 PUR one and got The Show PS3/Vita for $13.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']seriously? I called GameStop and the lady said I had to have purchased a Vita from there. The picture will work?

I'll try it[/QUOTE]A picture does work. I took a screenshot with my PS Vita and showed the sales associate at GameStop. They took the discount without any issues.

Shame on me for not considering the fact that GameStop is run by a bunch of non-gamer old men retards!

Better yet, they're dumb enough to put 3 -- count them, THREE -- GameStop's in my local mall.

I was able to print out 3 copies, and go to the 3 stores, where I got $10 off each on Unit 13, MLB The Show 12, and Uncharted GA.

At first I was like "Wow, GameStop is generous for once. Finally, a good deal"
WRONG. They are just very, very stupid.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Why do people like you INSIST that there has to be some story for it to be a good game? Why do you think games like Mario do exceptionally well both critically and commercially, when their stories are virtually nonexistent?

It's about how much FUN you have with a game (that's the point of a GAME, after all)

Want a story? Go watch a movie or read a book.[/QUOTE]
You're BOTH wrong. A good game has BOTH a good story AND good gameplay.

/end discussion

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Hmm, got denied on Unit 13 but it seems like others have gotten it to work? They scanned the coupon, my powerup card, and the game but no discount applied.[/QUOTE]

Well you could always show them it works online. Login, make sure your Power up card is associated to your account and add to your cart and you will see the discount applied...

[quote name='SynGamer']You're BOTH wrong. A good game has BOTH a good story AND good gameplay.

/end discussion[/QUOTE]

That's correct in some cases, but I have 3 games for my Vita: Rayman Origins, Hot Shots Golf and Lumines. The latter 2 with virtually zero story and the former without a "OMG epic" story. Hot Shots and Lumines are really fun and Rayman is one of the best games I've played in a long time and do you know why, it's because the gameplay is amazing.

Anyway to be on topic, I think I'll pick up Unit 13 thanks OP.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Why do people like you INSIST that there has to be some story for it to be a good game? Why do you think games like Mario do exceptionally well both critically and commercially, when their stories are virtually nonexistent?

Want a story? Go watch a movie or read a book.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't of said it beter myself. I am LOVING unit 13, its basically a arcade game kinda like Resident evil mercs mode, just alot deeper.

Picked up ModNation for $18 (had a credit) without the slightest of issues.

I printed the coupon from the OP, so you guys wondering if it matters where you bought your Vita, it doesn't.

Hell, I don't even have one...yet.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Hmm, got denied on Unit 13 but it seems like others have gotten it to work? They scanned the coupon, my powerup card, and the game but no discount applied.[/QUOTE]

it will work, maybe try at another time/employee.. the guy that helped me REALLY didnt want to give me- said it does nothing, then told me my rewards card was expired (it wasnt). Finally gave it to me when he realized I wasnt going away- he acted like I ruined his day- lol

[quote name='jedolley']Just got back from my gamestop. I did not even have a PUR card when I went, but I picked one up (free version) and the coupon worked on the same order with Unit 13.[/QUOTE]

WTH?!...I went last night & the girl scanned it & it went thru but when it was time to pay (checkout screen?), it went back to regular price & she said since my PUR Pro card expired, that's why it went back to regular price at the checkout screen or whatever. I'm gonna have to try this at another GS.

I have no idea what the issue was last night but today I tried again at a different store and it worked just fine. I thought they scanned both last night but maybe they didnt, I dunno...

I'm getting a vita soon and I was wondering to anyone that has played Uncharted is it worth picking up now or wait on a price drop?

[quote name='joker______']I'm getting a vita soon and I was wondering to anyone that has played Uncharted is it worth picking up now or wait on a price drop?[/QUOTE]

It is worth every penny!!!!!

Just an update, I was trying this code online just now with Unit13. When I first entered my PUR acct. number and the code, it did not work for Unit13. I left Unit13 in my cart, clicked "continue shopping" and added MLB 12 to the cart. The discount applied properly. Removed MLB 12 from the cart, the discount then recalculated and applied to unit 13. Have not been able to reproduce this with any other games yet, but it does appear to work this way at the moment for unit 13, and of course, YMMV. Good luck!

bread's done
Back