$10 PSN Cards in stock at Amazon

Very nice, though with the Sony rewards card I don't think I'll need to buy PSN credit for a long time.

edit: It looks like it's the physical card rather than an online code. Not as nice as I thought.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Very nice, though with the Sony rewards card I don't think I'll need to buy PSN credit for a long time.[/QUOTE]
This. Everyone who owns a PS3 needs to have that card if they don't already.

Are these normally OOS or hard to find on Amazon? Only reason I ask is because I was looking to use my credit some other way by May.

[quote name='Jodou']Are these normally OOS or hard to find on Amazon? Only reason I ask is because I was looking to use my credit some other way by May.[/QUOTE]

First time I've seen them

Yeah, just grabbed two to clear out my amazon payments account. Have missed out on all my favorite shows this season so this should help me catch up

[quote name='simmias']This. Everyone who owns a PS3 needs to have that card if they don't already.[/QUOTE]

inform us why and how?
thanks

Damnit, wish they would've stocked these a few days ago. I had a $10 promo credit that expired Feb 28th so I had to use it on SSF4. Would've rather had PSN credit. Thanks for the heads up though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Very nice, though with the Sony rewards card I don't think I'll need to buy PSN credit for a long time.

edit: It looks like it's the physical card rather than an online code. Not as nice as I thought.[/QUOTE]

How do you redeem the card points for PSN credit?

[quote name='a wolf at fullmoon']How do you redeem the card points for PSN credit?[/QUOTE]

At Sonyrewards.com they have $10 vouchers. From the rewards page go to "Insiders Special" and then to the Playstation section. You can get around 425 points a week if you do all the wheel of fortune, jeapardy stuff so that's nearly $20 worth of credit a month for free on top of regular purchases.

You can find info in this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210332&highlight=sony+rewards

Breakdown of points:

wheel of Fortune puzzle - 10 points per day (50 per week)
Jeopardy final question - 25 points a day (125 per week)
Sony Pictures Quiz - 10 points a day (50 per week)
Jeopardy Weekly tournament - 200 points per week

I get all my solutions from here: http://www.jeopardysolutions.com/ (I usually google the sony picture quizzes)

They also just gave a 500 pint customer appreciation bonus to everyone :D

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']i dont see why everyone is so hyped about this...[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='ndjn3979']My thoughts exactly.[/QUOTE]

Because now we can use our $10 pre-order credits on these, rather than trying to find another game to pre-order within the 4 week period that the codes are valid.

A bunch of us in this topic have mentioned some form of credit with Amazon, not that hard to figure out why people are excited about these being in stock

[quote name='simmias']This. Everyone who owns a PS3 needs to have that card if they don't already.[/QUOTE]

Unless you hate Chase as much as I do. They don't deserve any of my business. I know I am missing out on some free points, but Chase sucks and I have other rewards cards.

Everyone has their own opinion.....which is what makes us unique. I'd say PS3 owners should look into it and decide for themselves.

[quote name='jmbreci']Unless you hate Chase as much as I do. They don't deserve any of my business. I know I am missing out on some free points, but Chase sucks and I have other rewards cards.

Everyone has their own opinion.....which is what makes us unique. I'd say PS3 owners should look into it and decide for themselves.[/QUOTE]

How much business does Chase get if you don't use the credit card? or pay it off right away? I'm not a big fan of Chase either, but getting $17 towards PSN credit every month for free trumps any hate I have for the CC's parent company.

[quote name='Duffz']Gah limit of 10 on these cards. Amazon limits quantities to much these days.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't have any limit when I added it to my cart. I could put 999 in there:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Very nice, though with the Sony rewards card I don't think I'll need to buy PSN credit for a long time.[/QUOTE]
How does this thing work as PSN credit? I have a Sony Card but hardly use it.

Its not until you checkout, they readjust the quantities to 10 units. Then after you purchase the 10 it wont let you purchase anymore.

[quote name='Duffz']Gah limit of 10 on these cards. Amazon limits quantities to much these days.[/QUOTE]

hehe, I buy A LOT of content on PSN, but I can't think of $100 worth of content I'd want to get right away.

...unless you're buying full games like Warhawk, Burnout, and Wipeout.

[quote name='jmbreci']Unless you hate Chase as much as I do. They don't deserve any of my business. I know I am missing out on some free points, but Chase sucks and I have other rewards cards.

Everyone has their own opinion.....which is what makes us unique. I'd say PS3 owners should look into it and decide for themselves.[/QUOTE]
I've never used the card outside of the initial purchase to get my free $$$ from Chase. I love Chase. Not only do they still give me 5% back on gas and groceries (thank you, Rewards Plus Visa), but as ssjmichael said they enable me to never spend my own money on PSN stuff just for clicking a few buttons every morning when I start my work day.

If you really hate a place, be a "devil customer" who costs them money.

I don't get why Amazon doesn't sell PSN card codes via email. As in, they can email you the code which contains like 10 or 20 bucks to put on your account. They do it for Xbox Live...

[quote name='bluem00se']I don't get why Amazon doesn't sell PSN card codes via email. As in, they can email you the code which contains like 10 or 20 bucks to put on your account. They do it for Xbox Live...[/QUOTE]

This is probably an issue of Sony not Amazon. Amazon would love to not have to ship you anything. I'd imagine they use a code generating software / activation software set for Xbox, which Microsoft provided.

[quote name='ssjmichael']At Sonyrewards.com they have $10 vouchers. From the rewards page go to "Insiders Special" and then to the Playstation section. You can get around 425 points a week if you do all the wheel of fortune, jeapardy stuff so that's nearly $20 worth of credit a month for free on top of regular purchases.

You can find info in this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210332&highlight=sony+rewards

Breakdown of points:

wheel of Fortune puzzle - 10 points per day (50 per week)
Jeopardy final question - 25 points a day (125 per week)
Sony Pictures Quiz - 10 points a day (50 per week)
Jeopardy Weekly tournament - 200 points per week

I get all my solutions from here: http://www.jeopardysolutions.com/ (I usually google the sony picture quizzes)

They also just gave a 500 pint customer appreciation bonus to everyone :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I did notice the other thread, but had no idea about the insider specials. I appreciate it.

bread's done
Back