10 Years Of Shwag Giveaway Redux

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!
This is an updated version of the giveaway I conducted earlier this year. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244857 Past winners are eligible too!

On top of the shwag I've gotten these past six months I also found two more document boxes of shwag from 2000 to 2005 at my parent's place. I pasted updated instructions below.

------------------------------------

So how will this giveaway be conducted? Similar to the code contests, it would require visiting my Examiner articles often.

Link: http://www.examiner.com/x-13269-Gaming-Lifestyle-Examiner

Each Examiner is paid via page view, so the goal here is to reach a certain dollar amount in order to pay for the shipping. I have enough shwag to send out 7 piles in USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes.

In order to be eligible for a pile, just reply to this thread or PM me. Then click on my articles throughout until all 8 piles are sent out. Once a shipping price milestone has been reached, I'll PM one random winner.

Q: How are the piles organized?
A: Each pile does not have any specific theme and an effort has been made to make sure each pile has at least a couple significant item of value.

Q: Can I choose what I want if I win?
A: No.

Q: When can I start?
A: You can start clicking on articles now. Be sure to reply to this thread as well to be entered.

Q: I finished clicking on your articles. Would it help to click through those again?
A: Yes.

Q: Does clicking on your slideshows help?
A: Definitely.

Q: What do you get out of this?
A: Aside from being able to clean my closets, I'm also looking to achieve some high view counts that not only pleases Examiner.com, but these stats will also be used in helping greenlight some projects I have planned for next 12 months.

Q: Why don't you donate this stuff to charity or sell on eBay?
A: Who says I haven't? I would say that only 40% of all the shwag I've accumulated will be given in this CAG contest. The rest I've already given to charity, sold on eBay or I'm keeping.

Q: What are big items are you planning to giving away?
A: 'Big' can be a subjective thing, but here is a tiny sample of what I plan on giving away:
-2 Killzone 3 t-shirt's (they're actually Medium for once!)
-2 Kevin Butler t-shirts
-Dynasty Warriors figure
-Out of date game developer business cards
-Several "98% complete pre-release game discs that can actually be played without a debug/test unit
-A bunch of anime DVDs
-Yet another Monster Hunter Tri backpack with all the original shwag included
-Excess Mafia II pin-up calendars
-MGS2 shwag
-The can of Snake Soup promo item for MGS3
-Rumble Roses calendar
-Silent Hill 4 t-shirt
-Sonic The Hedgehog crystal cube

NIS America is having a press event next week, so there might be stuff from there I can include. There's also a Mafia II press event.

Q: Can we see pictures?
A: I'll have some pictures added later today or tomorrow.

Q: Can I just buy a particular item from you?
A: After considering some feedback, I've decided not to allow for direct sales/trades.

Q: I'm lazy and don't want to keep clicking. What if I just put my name down and don't help out?
A: This is a group effort so if you don't help out, the chances of getting through all the piles are greatly reduced.

I can't help but think I missed something, so let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

NOTE: If you are lucky enough to win a package and it includes a bunch of press releases with some PR rep's phone number/email, check with me first if you want to contact them about product requests for your blog/site.

[quote name='Khalid']One nice contest, would be cool to win a figurine or some anime dvd.[/QUOTE]

I do believe that there's one of those 8-bit Castlevania key chains ;-)

[quote name='Khalid']Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. You are fine with people in Canada that are participating?[/QUOTE]

NP, I'll just use air mail.

I am hoping for figurines or anime... Anything on that list would be pretty cool though, unless the shirts are smalls. Let's see how this one goes! lol

Oh yea... It's bluedot's articles... I probably have given him more than 10,000 views from the past contest he had going, but I will go and add more views anyways. This time actually have time to read a lot of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clicky clicky since this one doesn't require diving through pages of bullshit to find something that's been taken.

I'd be happy to click through (and read) for you, already do so with your contest, so this only encourages me more. =)

Thanks for the support. I'll definitely keep you guys posted when we reach the first milestone. One thing that sucks is that unlike the last version of this contest, Examiner HQ won't let me see my view numbers updated every hour. Now I won't find out until the end of the day. Hopefully I'll be able to send out the first package tomorrow.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']Thanks guys. Got a bit of great news. One of my trusted Examiner colleagues Matt Furtado wanted to donate an extra (sealed) copy of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker so he will be mailing that shortly for me to add to the pile. If you don't mind clicking on several of his articles as thanks, that would be most appreciated.

http://www.examiner.com/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner[/QUOTE]

Neat, will do. =)

Definitely count me in! I've read Miguel's Reviews/Previews/Impressions in the past and they are quite good. Worth the time even if you don't win anything...

I'm in... Does Examiner limit the paid view by IP/day? Just want to know if I should click through more than once a day if I had the free time. :lol:

bread's done
Back