100 dollars what should i do with it

bigscoot4269

CAGiversary!
ok so heres my dilemma i have 100 dollars. what two games should i get for the wii with that money? im already excluding metroid prime and zelda. i would love your suggestions and input thanks, plus i have a coupon at circuit city for 15 dollars off a 100 dollar purchase to use on these games. hopefully there selection doesnt suck to much. it can be more then two games if u wanna recommend cheaper ones.

What type of games do you enjoy playing?

Here's a recommendation to maximize the $100

Mercury Meltdown Revolution ($20)
Mario Strikers Charged ($50)

1 of the following
Resident Evil 4 ($30)
Madden NFL 07 ($30)

Total: $85 (after $15 off) + Tax

2 of the following
Mario Strikers Charged - $50
Madden 08 - $50
Rayman Raving Rabbis - $50
Super Paper Mario - $50
Will Play with Remote - $50 (if you need another remote...)

Total: $85 + Tax

Let me explain something :)

Here at CAG, we don't look at "I have $100. Since games usually run for $50 each, I can clearly only get 2 games".. No no, that's not how we look at it. We try to get as MANY games as we can get for $100. In fact, if you want to get JUST 2 games... let's try and turn that into "How can I get 2 games, and still walk away with $15-$20?"

Swingman made that point, too :)

Check the trade forum here. You might catch some people selling/trading some Wii games that you want. There is a thread right now in the Games forum Dragonball Z for $20 at Amazon.

Let us know what games you like...we know not to include Zelda or Metroid

Buy a Wii Points card for $20 and download Super Mario Bros. 1, Super Mario Bros 2 and Mario Kart 64.

Then, send me the other $80.

Best plan ever! :)

[quote name='lilboo']Let me explain something :)

Here at CAG, we don't look at "I have $100. Since games usually run for $50 each, I can clearly only get 2 games".. No no, that's not how we look at it. We try to get as MANY games as we can get for $100. In fact, if you want to get JUST 2 games... let's try and turn that into "How can I get 2 games, and still walk away with $15-$20?"

Swingman made that point, too :)

Check the trade forum here. You might catch some people selling/trading some Wii games that you want. There is a thread right now in the Games forum Dragonball Z for $20 at Amazon.

Let us know what games you like...we know not to include Zelda or Metroid[/quote]

I did just this, the past week. My girlfriend went on vacation and left me $100, specifically for games. She said that I had to spend the money on games. So I got Stranglehold, Perfect Dark Zero(Limited Collector's Edition), Chulip, Phoenix Wright 2 and 300 on Blu-Ray.

Super Paper Mario, Resident Wiivil 4. Save the rest of your money, or get a Wii Point card.

My thoughts...

Mario Strikers Charged: $50
Super Paper Mario $50

or you can replace one of them with these...
Resident Evil 4- $30
Wii Points Card- $20

i like shooters i like rpg type of games like sports games, but i dont know if i would like them with the wii controls. love fighters do they have any good fighters on the wii? how is mortal kombat? i like your suggestions yeah i was thinking of getting a couple of cheaper games, so i take it u dont like super paper mario?

[quote name='bigscoot4269']i like shooters i like rpg type of games like sports games, but i dont know if i would like them with the wii controls. love fighters do they have any good fighters on the wii? how is mortal kombat? i like your suggestions yeah i was thinking of getting a couple of cheaper games, so i take it u dont like super paper mario?[/quote]

mortal kombat is broken. you'll need to end up using a classic controller or your wavebird.

[quote name='Zen Davis']mortal kombat is broken. you'll need to end up using a classic controller or your wavebird.[/QUOTE]

I have MK, and I can play it with the Wii Remote/Nunchuk just fine..and I really enjoy it. Maybe it's me.. but if you put some effort to learn how the game is.. it's really not broken. Not worth the $50, but it's a very fun game!

wow that bad huh so basically everyone is basically saying the same things. i am really considering getting super paper mario resident evil 4 and a 20 dollar wii card, which i will be able to get for 85 dollars plus tax. which will be even less then a hundred dollars, but then what do i do with the 15 lol thanks for the help please feel free to keep added on and i will let u know when i have finally figured it all out.

good to hear a positive opinion on mortal kombat how much do u think its worth and when will the price drop on it any idea? everytime i go to a store there selection of wii games is poor to say the least.especially used wii games why is that?

[quote name='bigscoot4269']i like shooters i like rpg type of games like sports games, but i dont know if i would like them with the wii controls. love fighters do they have any good fighters on the wii? how is mortal kombat? i like your suggestions yeah i was thinking of getting a couple of cheaper games, so i take it u dont like super paper mario?[/QUOTE]

Don't get a fighter. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is coming out in december and any other fighter would then be made obsolete :)

Sports are awesome on the wii from what I've heard. I'm kind of waiting for NCAA Football to hit the Wii (hopefully it does). If not, then I plan on getting madden when I give up hope.

For FPS, Resident Evil 4 is the way to go unless the blood turns you off.. Metroid is a good FPS/adventure hybrid, although you already decided against it.

Not a lot of RPG options yet. Fire Emblem is coming out in November and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles in 2008.

A Wii Points card is very much recommended. You can easily spend that $20 in VC games!

Super Paper Mario IS awesome...so yeah. RE4 would be your other choice then if you only have $100! lol

wii points come in 10 dollar increments right? So just get $30 in wii points and be 5 dollars short.

im sure this question will get a great response but what vc games do u suggest what would be your top 5 or ten names on there factoring in price also with quality of the game

NES Games = $5
SNES = $8
N64 = $10

Here are some good games
Super Mario Brothers (NES)
Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Metroid (NES)
Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Shining Forces (SNES)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina in Time (N64)
Star Fox 64 (N64)

You just go to the shop channel on your wii and enter the code on the back of the wii points card. You can also buy points directly through the Wii shop channel.

I own NES, SNES, Gameboy, N64, xbox, Wii, and DS. I only have the last 3 out (the rest are stored).

[quote name='bigscoot4269']not really a big taco fan although they are cheap[/quote]

Maybe you don't like tacos cause you haven't had enough.? Taco tuesdays @ Del Taco 3/1.00.

That's 300 tacos. That should do it.

dont have any del tacos around here and even if i did i dont think they would let me take 300 at once do u?

thats cool swingman how come u dont have a 360 or ps3 do u plan on getting them or are u waiting for a price drop or something? i invested so much money in games for my 360 have 50 some odd games i love it when its working

i limit myself to one console each generation. I generally don't buy a lot of games. I only have about 10 games on my xbox. Playstations are always overpriced IMO and I wanted to be able to play some of the newer nintendo games, so I chose the Wii over the 360.

thats good thinking so do they charge tax on the vc titles for the wii do u think the titles are overpriced what games dont they have that u wish they did

when can i get a cheap gamecube controller at to use for the vc titles and should i use a gamecube controller or the wii classic controller what is the cheapest i can find either one

[quote name='bigscoot4269']when can i get a cheap gamecube controller at to use for the vc titles and should i use a gamecube controller or the wii classic controller what is the cheapest i can find either one[/quote]

Classic Controller.

OP, first I would invest in some punctuation. I hear periods and commas are hot among kids these days. Might even want to go out on a limb and try some capitalization.

I bought RE 4 and Super Paper Mario for Wii at the same time. I don't regret it at all. Those two games are great, but now they I have completed them I am looking to trade them. The Wii controls on RE are amazing, something completely different from other shooters. Super Paper Mario is a classic. You can't lose with Wii Points either because the VC has a vast selection.

always one guy who wants to come in and say something stupid. it's ok if this was something like say a job application. i would make sure that everything was nice and neat and properly punctuated, but its not so just relax and roll with the punches. you obviously have something stuck up your ass, if u wanna be a stickler about something like that. what is it? did you just catch your wife cheating? it's gotta be something come on confess.

Save it up for the TRU buy 2 get 1 free sale that's about to come up in October. Then you can get 3 new games for the price of two!:)

[quote name='bigscoot4269']when can i get a cheap gamecube controller at to use for the vc titles and should i use a gamecube controller or the wii classic controller what is the cheapest i can find either one[/QUOTE]

Some NES games allow you to just use the wii mote (super mario brothers for example).

If you don't plan on getting any gamecube games, then I'd pick up a classic controller.

If you do want some gamecube games, then go with the gamecube controller as it can also be used for most VC games.

cool thanks for the advice swingman. how do u think the resident evil thats coming out in a few months is gonna be? what games do u plan on getting for the rest of this year?

I'm not a big RE fan but it should be a good game. Lot of people are really looking forward to the new one.

I'm definitely getting Battalion Wars 2 and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I'm thinking of getting Guitar Hero III and Lego Star Wars The Complete Trilogy but not sure on those 2 yet.

so do u have resident evil 4? thats cool. any reason why u wont be picking up super mario galaxy? alot of those dates are really closely bunched together, am i the only one who thinks alot of games will be getting pushed back or is it just because of the holidays?

I'm not sure if I'll get super mario galaxy. I don't think i've actually beaten a mario game since the NES one lol. Sad I know but I seem to lose interest in many of them halfway through.

Nope, don't own resident evil 4. Might pick it up sometime if i see it in the cheapy bin down the road.

I'm a really cheap gamer. If I'm not super anxious to play the game then I'll wait.

here's a youtube video of bw2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOEUt4PUTMY

so what vc titles have u bought? i see alot of people complaining about the price, i love punch out might have to purchase that one.

i've only bought the original super mario brothers. The only reason I got it was because I had extra points from buying Internet for the Wii, which was 5 bucks.

I've only had the wii for 2-3 weeks.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']im already excluding metroid prime and zelda.[/QUOTE]

In that case, my advice would be to put it in the bank as for me those are the only two games worth a purchase--at least at current prices.

Super Paper Mario is ok I guess, but I didn't enjoy it much compared to the prior games in the series.

Oh RE4 too...always forget about it as I played it on the GC so didn't bother with the Wii port, but that's worth a purchased if you like action/horror games.

bread's done
Back